Watermelon Oreos

Options

Replies

• xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    -But I DID read that there was a special edition "Birthday Cake" Oreo out at one point in time. It's probably a good thing that I was completely unaware of it. THOSE were reported as delish!

They still make them, I just picked up 2 packs earlier today! :)
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I liked them.
    Watermelon nerds are pretty much my favorite candy so even though I don't normally buy or eat cookies I picked these up. The cashier at Target said he loved watermelon candy as well so he would check them out.

I thought they were good. I don't think that the flavor was too strong even if just eating the middle. I preferred eating the whole cookie though. I made sure to share with everyone so that I didn't eat more than I had planned.

I think the "ew" factor for people that haven't tried them is thinking of a normal oreo then thinking of watermelon. Don't even think oreo - think vanilla cookie with watermelon filling. Sounds a lot more appealing.

I probably won't get again because I don't have a big sweet tooth and cookies tend to get stale at my house, but if I do have a craving I can get some and give away the rest again.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    After searching for months and then trying the candy corn oreos I am totally over flavored oreos.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    After searching for months and then trying the candy corn oreos I am totally over flavored oreos.

Two wrongs definitely don't make a right.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    These are like bacon cupcakes, amazing in theory, not so great in reality.

Don't talk s*** about bacon cupcakes.

Or chocolate-covered bacon, for that matter.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    OUT
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I do not care for oreos. I find them disappointing. I know you will all judge me, but I shall stick to my convictions and be someone worthy of your respect and admiration.

This, this! A million times, this! I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, my hairy sister in good taste.

Thank you for this public display of support for The Cause!

There's a war brewing and it's going to get ugly . . . :bigsmile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I do not care for oreos. I find them disappointing. I know you will all judge me, but I shall stick to my convictions and be someone worthy of your respect and admiration.

This, this! A million times, this! I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, my hairy sister in good taste.

Thank you for this public display of support for The Cause!

There's a war brewing and it's going to get ugly . . . :bigsmile:

I will officially take the side of Oreowarrior.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have the theme song and carrier vehicle ready.

can-t-fight-this-feeling_263206-450x.gif
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried them? They look pretty good but I could see how a watermelon flavored Oreo wouldn't taste good.
    87808c5071460ce3a857b7c234b6cf95_zpsa0804070.jpg

11849aa3b8e36754ee30da1ad43546c9_zpsdc62a5d1.jpg
  • emlynley
    emlynley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love watermelon and will try anything even remotely watermelon-flavored. I even went out of my way to Target to buy these.
    I was very disappointed. They did taste like gum, and not even the fake-watermelon taste. I actually peeled the filling off the cookies and just ate the plain white Oreos. That's saying a lot for a watermelon-lover like me.

They are quite pretty though. If they tasted as good as they looked, I would have been satisfied.

As someone else said, great theory, poor execution.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ew. I'll pass :sick:
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    An Oreo isn't an Oreo, unless it's chocolate, and only edible after being dunked in milk.

haha!! agreed!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound very appealing to me. yuck ;)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    They are horrible. I started to eat one a couple of days ago, and I regretted every chew.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried them? They look pretty good but I could see how a watermelon flavored Oreo wouldn't taste good.
    87808c5071460ce3a857b7c234b6cf95_zpsa0804070.jpg

11849aa3b8e36754ee30da1ad43546c9_zpsdc62a5d1.jpg

Omg...now I've seen everything.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have the theme song and carrier vehicle ready.

can-t-fight-this-feeling_263206-450x.gif

^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Choice!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Standard oreo, but with the addition of Mega Stuff
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options

SO ME!! oreos are ok , but .. meh... take or leave it , rather leave it
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ick...