Non gym goers, show me your results!

Options

Replies

• mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My workouts involve: Running, my elliptical but the majority of the weight I lost was with TurboFire (DVD workout program). I am now working through Les Mills Combat on DVD to trim down and define my muscles.

I have free weights, resistance bands, medicine balls and a good pair of running shoes. Good fitting shoes are important for workouts. Unless of course you workout barefoot. :)
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 27, and have 2 kids. I currently weigh 140. I weighed 235 during both pregnancies and was still 215 when my youngest was over a year old in Nov 2009 when I decided to take control of my health and lose the weight. It took me about 6 months to lose 55lbs just through diet and a few home dvds (Shred, Zumba, Denise Austin, running) and I had maintained around 160 ever since. I kind of fell off the exercise and healthy eating wagon about 9 months ago though and was just feeling run down and looking flabby. I started an amazing workout program called Turbofire on 11/12/12 and have lost 20 lbs and toned up all over.
    Good luck to you all on your health and fitness journeys! :flowerforyou:
    I can't find any full body before pics...
    29e216c.png
    Current and 8 Week Turbo progress
    j5fgjc.png
    After 12 Weeks of Turbofire
    2duz7li.jpg
    dxzn8k.png
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    No gym membership for me (never have been to one). We have a mini home gym but I don't use anything but the treadmill and stationary bike. I have lost 74 pounds (was 90 but I gained back 15 over the holidays from eating horribly and not exercising for like 6 weeks).

i usually do daily aerobics/cardio from DVDs. I box one day a week with a heavy bag, speed bag and reflex bag (at our home). I also hit the treadmill to walk at least one day a week. I have dogs to walk but sometimes it is only 10 minutes a day as we have an invisible fence so that is how they get most of their exercise.

I have lost most of my weight by the aerobic cardio DVDs. We have a weight bench and a bowfelx but I have only used them a few times. I also have an old cardio glide that I will occasionaly use. I also play competitive table tennis and bowl so I get that extra exercise a few times each week. I also try to do daily calisthenics.

Feel free to add me as my exercise diary is visible.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I'm saving this as inspiration!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,621 Member
    Options
    I am not a gym person. I have lost 25 pounds slowly, but I was in acceptable BMI quickly. I truly believe in just making sure I move lots and get heart rate up = calories burned so I can eat. I will need to start doing some formal exercise for toning soon, but that will be at home with you tube and DVDs. good luck on your journey!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 27, and have 2 kids. I currently weigh 140. I weighed 235 during both pregnancies and was still 215 when my youngest was over a year old in Nov 2009 when I decided to take control of my health and lose the weight. It took me about 6 months to lose 55lbs just through diet and a few home dvds (Shred, Zumba, Denise Austin, running) and I had maintained around 160 ever since. I kind of fell off the exercise and healthy eating wagon about 9 months ago though and was just feeling run down and looking flabby. I started an amazing workout program called Turbofire on 11/12/12 and have lost 20 lbs and toned up all over.
    Good luck to you all on your health and fitness journeys! :flowerforyou:
    I can't find any full body before pics...
    29e216c.png
    Current and 8 Week Turbo progress
    j5fgjc.png
    After 12 Weeks of Turbofire
    2duz7li.jpg
    dxzn8k.png

I love the current hair color on you! You look so much younger with it!
  • PlainOldElizaJane
    Options
    Love this thread. :) Bump for later motivation.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Old post... But bump anyway
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not one day in the gym.... 218 in the before 118 after Don't let not being able to afford or have time for a gym membership stop you from getting healthy. You don't have to have machines to get active.

You can see a bit more about the kinds of exercise I did here if you are interested:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/i-lost-weight-tricia-baker_n_2567788.html

Great story! And thanks for sharing that inspirational website. Lots of other successes there.

I had to give up my gym membership in January. I miss it terribly! But I didn't really start losing weight until I started tracking my calories with MFP. The weight I have lost recently has been done with counting calories and walking.
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump to read for later :smile:
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm down 18 lbs since April and have not set foot in a gym. I do have a treadmill in my garage, but I run outside a lot, run on the treadmill, take the occasional yoga class, push ups, jump rope and just started doing some Turbo Fire and P90X. I know that my weight loss is completely and totally from monitoring my cals with MFP and running. I did WW points with little result before I switched over to MFP and now, if I track, I lose. I don't feel like I need a gym at this point, though I may change my mind down the road, just for access to weights and an elliptical. But it can definitely be done without a gym and I prefer not to have an audience when I'm running.
  • HisGoodGirl75
    HisGoodGirl75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've never been a gym member and I've lost 80lbs (so far) using a recumbent bike and treadmill at home.

007_zpsd3a2b542.jpg

199lbs2_zpsf2d76704.jpg
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Before
    me003.jpg

after
    weightlosspics.jpg

Ive not been to the gym in years

Wow, you look wonderful!!! A whole new man!
  • RandyD2012
    RandyD2012 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80 lbs doing P90X at home and walking/running

cdd6866b-a57a-4d50-a181-d624c4aab62b_zps66d37155.jpg

690d2936-ccfe-47fe-857b-229dab718c9b_zps24a3cb31.jpg

The second pic is just before I ran a Tough Mudder. That's why I had the crazy mohawk :happy:
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    NO EXCUSE. DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 20!!!

JK,

you can still achieve some pretty good results with body movements i.e, body squats, push-ups, pull-ups etc.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    This is NOT a recent picture. I lost weight previously walking and doing some videos at home. Then I got into EMS and gained weight. This is my goal again. I've never posted a pic so hopefully this works!

b174dd87-6470-43c9-90e1-43346ff2213e_zps8f6b480e.jpg
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/921892-no-gym-required?hl=no+gym+required

PS Its been 2.5 years in total and I still do not use a gym.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    No gym, just Insanity ...down 62 lbs & counting :drinker:
  • FoTime
    FoTime Posts: 21
    Options
    No pictures yet. I lost 40 pounds in the last +- 5 months with no gym or cardio, other than the 4 miles I walked one day this month.
  • kfritz7162
    kfritz7162 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I unfortunately don't have photos to post, but I have lost about 44 pounds since the beginning of February 2013. I walk daily. My goal is to walk 45 minutes to an hour a day, but with work, school, and a young daughter at home, I take what I can get. Living in Wisconsin, walking outside was difficult through the winter months, but I forced myself to get out there.

Good luck to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!