MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    You Can't Out Train a Bad Diet

oh yes you can. :)

I'm proof.
  • xtrasmall
    xtrasmall Posts: 66
    Options
    omg girl plz learn to spell n just try to eat fresh vegetarian foods n no eggs or processed foods k bye
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    omg girl plz learn to spell n just try to eat fresh vegetarian foods n no eggs or processed foods k bye

uhm, why no eggs?? Please. I eat eggs daily....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, as another poster already posted. Follow this link. YOU are the one that's wrong. That may be what you need to do to get the lower body fat percentage but ultimately it isn't about clean eating, it is about calories in versus calories out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1027933-look-what-fast-food-ice-cream-have-done-to-my-cholesterol

Lots of examples of people achieving low body fat objectives through changing diet. Link does not show someone achieving low bf, just losing weight. Different goals.

Um... what exactly do you think he lost there, other than his shorts, if not body fat?
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options

I'm proof.

maybe you can and that is great but a majority of people can not eat like crap all day and expect to be shredded
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I just spray WIndex on my Oreos.

THAT is foodsin. STOPPIT. Poor lil Oreos... :cry:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

No eggs?

Well. Clearly this isn't for me. I try to have some eggs everyday. With the yolk. And usually some bacon.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This is wrong just WRONG. A calorie deficit will allow you to lose weight, if your trying to get a six pack and lean out clean eating is what will lower your body fat percent so that you can see definition.

Sorry, nope.

<---- (Does not eat "clean". Eats at a deficit to reduce body fat, thereby revealing muscles underneath.)

Ok seriously now im completely confused. I have read SO many different books, websites, diet plans, ect. How are you doing what your doing im dieing to know.

What you've read has all been written by people looking to make money.

She already told you what to do. Eat at a deficit to reduce body fat.

Well thats easy enough, is that really ALL it is? Aside from exercise.

Pretty much, yep.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

No eggs?

Well. Clearly this isn't for me. I try to have some eggs everyday. With the yolk. And usually some bacon.

Werd.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Google the name Tosca Reno.......check out her book "Just the Rules" for basics. Form your own opinion.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I'm proof.

maybe you can and that is great but a majority of people can not eat like crap all day and expect to be shredded

So then perhaps that would be better worded to say that it is difficult to out train a bad diet. But that it is doable, with hard work, and determination.

Thing is... eventually, if you are watching your calories and being honest about maintaining a deficit, your eating improves... because you quickly start to realize that while a handful of chips are tasty and emotionally rewarding, they are also about 220 calories... which is also what an entire chicken breast with some sauce is worth... and that is sooooo much more filling.

And since many don't like feeling hungry, they start to shift their eating habits so that they can eat more for less calories.

If people accurately counted their calories, and logged their exercises accurately... I think it's not as hard as it seems at the outset.

But that's my opinion.

eta: if they ate like crap ALL day... they'd run out of calorie allowance anyways, which then flies in the face of the generally accepted weight loss principles. :)
    Options
    I just spray WIndex on my Oreos.

THAT is foodsin. STOPPIT. Poor lil Oreos... :cry:

oh, I still eat them... much like the Hot Tamales I had last night that fell in the bottom of my purse and tasted like perfume. I still ate those, too.... lol
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    This is wrong just WRONG. A calorie deficit will allow you to lose weight, if your trying to get a six pack and lean out clean eating is what will lower your body fat percent so that you can see definition.

Sorry, nope.

<---- (Does not eat "clean". Eats at a deficit to reduce body fat, thereby revealing muscles underneath.)

Ok seriously now im completely confused. I have read SO many different books, websites, diet plans, ect. How are you doing what your doing im dieing to know.

I heard she uses raspberry ketones and green coffee bean

this isn't fair! I have coffee every day!!!!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    "Eating Clean" is another form of Orthorexia, where people banish either individual food items or entire food groups based on information that is either of questionable provenance or fits what they last heard on Oprah or Dr. Oz.

My definition of eating clean is to wash all of my fruits and veggies, even the ones that say that they are pre-washed, very thoroughly in water with a bit of either vinegar or bleach (which dissociates in water to sodium and chlorine and has a very short dwell time) like a teaspoon in a gallon of water.

Keep my meat and fish at <40 F until I'm ready to cook them. Don't keep fresh meat in the fridge more than 48 hours before using or freezing.

Keep my pots and pans, prep surfaces, serving dishes and utensils scrubbed. Don't use the same spoon for sampling while cooking - use a clean one.

Whatever you choose to eat, just watch the calories and eat adequate protein.

This is wrong just WRONG. A calorie deficit will allow you to lose weight, if your trying to get a six pack and lean out clean eating is what will lower your body fat percent so that you can see definition. Clean eating is simple, if you can not pronounce the name of an ingredient on a package of food dont eat it.

Scrubbing your food with bleach isnt clean eating :/ its ridiculous.

Ahhh. This is why I come here ...
  • granitendirt
    Options
    Funny, I was thinking about this very topic today while driving... And also considered that every person probably has a different way of interpreting 'clean'.

For myself, 'clean' refers to not mindlessly eating. I've cleaned out, so to speak, several hundred calories a day from my diet by not randomly shoving stuff in my mouth I don't event need (twss). Examples: Candy people bring to work, bags of chips left on counter, that kind of thing.

Hell yeah I eat anything I want, I just acknowledge it and appreciate it before consuming. That's what 'clean' has come to mean for me.
  • safetypins
    safetypins Posts: 70
    Options
    "Eating Clean" is another form of Orthorexia, where people banish either individual food items or entire food groups based on information that is either of questionable provenance or fits what they last heard on Oprah or Dr. Oz.

My definition of eating clean is to wash all of my fruits and veggies, even the ones that say that they are pre-washed, very thoroughly in water with a bit of either vinegar or bleach (which dissociates in water to sodium and chlorine and has a very short dwell time) like a teaspoon in a gallon of water.

Keep my meat and fish at <40 F until I'm ready to cook them. Don't keep fresh meat in the fridge more than 48 hours before using or freezing.

Keep my pots and pans, prep surfaces, serving dishes and utensils scrubbed. Don't use the same spoon for sampling while cooking - use a clean one.

Whatever you choose to eat, just watch the calories and eat adequate protein.

I just had to quote it because I cracked up.

LMAO. Scrubbing food with bleach. DEAD.
    Options

I'm proof.

So then perhaps that would be better worded to say that it is difficult to out train a bad diet. But that it is doable, with hard work, and determination.

Thing is... eventually, if you are watching your calories and being honest about maintaining a deficit, your eating improves... because you quickly start to realize that while a handful of chips are tasty and emotionally rewarding, they are also about 220 calories... which is also what an entire chicken breast with some sauce is worth... and that is sooooo much more filling.

And since many don't like feeling hungry, they start to shift their eating habits so that they can eat more for less calories.

If people accurately counted their calories, and logged their exercises accurately... I think it's not as hard as it seems at the outset.

But that's my opinion.

eta: if they ate like crap ALL day... they'd run out of calorie allowance anyways, which then flies in the face of the generally accepted weight loss principles. :)

I think I fell in :heart: ..... *swoons*
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Clean eating

Aaron_eating_a_hoagie_in_the_shower.jpg

Or...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJJI055e7WREmo-YEryQRfLZekHoqyGT_PNjPOLRMV-al2BC6F0A