OK guys... what's the best greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite, but I also like the little Chobani Bites, especially the coffee with chocolate chips, and some of the Flips.
  • brandylynnnichols
    Options
    I absolutely love the Chobani peach yogurt. My second favorite is the apple. If you haven't tried Chobani, you should. I also like their strawberry banana but it contains some fat so I don't eat it often.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite, but I also like the little Chobani Bites, especially the coffee with chocolate chips, and some of the Flips.

Chobani Bites ......oooh the Dreamsicle .... I mean orange one ..... yum!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I like any flavor of the 80 calorie dannon light & fit greek! ( I am partial to the vanilla though...I love vanilla anything and you can add berries or whatever you like to it to change it up):happy: Yummy and creamy..not a strange texture like I hear some people talk about with some brands.

This is my preference for eating too....not so much in my smoothies.

As for Plain it's great for dips or instead of sour cream
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Plain Non-Fat yogurt. Lately I've been mixing it with peanut butter and honey. Yum!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I like Liberte's greek yogurt (and their plain yogurt). It doesn't have the bitter aftertaste that the Danone Greek yogurt had.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani. The non-fat and low fat are both good. My family goes through about 15-20 a week.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was told by naturopath to only eat Kefr. Not sure why, but I do what she says. Maybe she has shares in the Company!! Who knows, but it works!!
  • Sswhite1983
    Sswhite1983 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really like the yoplait Greek 100 calories. I enjoy all the flavors: strawberry, mixed berry, peach, vanilla honey and lime..
  • HelenKiller
    Options
    Fage, Fage, Fage, all the way. Take it from me, I'm Greek!

Like some other posters have mentioned, most of the mainstream brands add thickeners and fillers to get the thickness. Only Chobani and Fage are truly just thicker because the moisture content has been removed.

And of those two brands, only one of them is actually Greek. Fage is amazing nutrition and flavor and is the most authentic thing on the market.

By the way, it's pronounced FAH-yay :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Chobani plain fat free hands down!! Love it!! It's all I eat! As long as you flavor it yourself it's amazing!!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    HOMEMADE! Once you try it it's amazing how grainy and strange store bought yogurts feel. You need one package of plain yogurt as a starter, but other than that you just need milk. I use 1% or 2%. Heat the milk (about 8 cups per 1/2 cup of starter) up to 185 degrees F, let it simmer at 185 for 20-30 minutes, put the pot in an ice bath to cool it down to 110 degrees F, then whisk in the store bought yogurt. Pour into Mason jars and let it sit on the counter for 8-24 hours (the longer it sits, the less lactose will be in it). Then you can either strain it by lining a colander with cheesecloth, add the yogurt and let it strain into a bowl in the fridge (the extra liquid is full of protein and flavor so it's great for cooking rice, pasta, or adding to bread mixes) or eat as is. I freeze about 1/2 cup in a mini jar to use as a starter for my next batch. All in all it takes about 1/2 an hour to make and a day to rest. I make a huge batch about every 2 weeks. And all it costs is some milk. I like it because it reduces waste, I know exactly what's in it, and the benefits are stronger in homemade.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Chobani Key Lime Crumble!
  • LeslieT83
    LeslieT83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Noosa is amazing, but pretty high cal.

Mostly, I try to find something with as few ingredients as possible, like milk and the culturing agents. I eat enough food with additives and artificial sweetners away from home, so I try to keep it clean there!
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I like Taste of Inspirations Nonfat Plain greek yogurt. Very smooth, not sour at all. I add my own fruit and a drip or 2 of honey (less than 1 tsp) Best I ever had.
  • ThePrimalSpartan
    ThePrimalSpartan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fage is decent, but I prefer Chobani. The peach one is the best.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes 0% fat free Vanilla Bean is hands down the best tasting greek yogurt
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Chobani - Blueberry is the best!!

I hope so. Trying blueberry tomorrow. I love LOVE the strawberry and cherry ones. Now it is time to try the rest.

Chobani is now the only one for me!
  • algrant1
    algrant1 Posts: 17
    Options
    I too love fage greek yogurt. I usually add a little honey or fruit as it is a bit on the sour side but the texture is great - not to mention it is packed with protein! I also like the greek gods brand - the honey vanilla flavor is heavenly (though it has too much sugar for me to eat it often).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Chobani Bites ......oooh the Dreamsicle .... I mean orange one ..... yum!

What? There's orange?! I haven't seen that one. I haven't found the coconut Flip since the first time I got it, either. I'm bummin'!