Men: would you date a married woman?

Options

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    how do you define married?

I have friends, they are married....they are a lovely gay couple that were just married...

and my friend dates....

because his partner is dying and his partner insists that he wants him to find someone to hold him through his death...

so his dying husband arranges for him to go on dates.....and he dates...to make his dying partner happy....

and they are married...

i guess what I'm saying is....the definitions of the human condition are too individual to put ONE spin on any one thing....

you just can't.

Spouse is obviously on a lot of pain meds
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    My husband does.... me. I'm a married woman. Married to him. We still go on dates together, at least when we're not too busy. It's fun.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options

I have friends, they are married....they are a lovely gay couple that were just married...

and my friend dates....

because his partner is dying and his partner insists that he wants him to find someone to hold him through his death...

so his dying husband arranges for him to go on dates.....and he dates...to make his dying partner happy....

and they are married...

i guess what I'm saying is....the definitions of the human condition are too individual to put ONE spin on any one thing....

you just can't.
    Excellent points. I didn't think of the so called 'open marriage'.

Let me edit my original post to clarify that I mean traditional marriage with fidelity and all that stuff.
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options

and my friend dates....

and they are married...

you just can't.

That's a decision made by the couple.

I know I personally read the original post as if it wasn't something agreed to or openly made aware to the spouse...which in that case we all know how that usually ends up. When all parties are in agreement, yes that is a different story.
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Is any responsibility at all on the single person (male or female)?

They aren't cheating on anybody.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

and my friend dates....

and they are married...

you just can't.

Spouse is obviously on a lot of pain meds

that is not your call to make.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I regularly date a married woman. I'm quite attracted to her and love taking her out to dinner and occasionally out for adventures. We've done zip lines and wall climbing, but most of the time it's dinner and a movie. I'm really enjoying the experience!

Before anyone takes this too seriously, I'm talking about dating my own wife. I highly recommend it . . . um, that you date your own wife not mine.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    well what is a man's culpability really it's not his relationship, he's not the one breaking his vows, and not the one who will be responsible for any consequences? If the fun is being offered and she's available? Hmmmmm?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

and my friend dates....

and they are married...

you just can't.

I know I personally read the original post as if it wasn't something agreed to or openly made aware to the spouse...which in that case we all know how that usually ends up. When all parties are in agreement, yes that is a different story.

i totally agree....

when there is lying involved and someone is being cuckolded, it's obviously a horrible thing.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    The answer for me is absolutely no, even when I was single. Marriage still means something to me, so I won't do anything to undermine it, mine or others'.

How about you?

you claim to be squeaky clean about this yet you are compelled to start a thread about this??

SMH...really.
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options

and my friend dates....

and they are married...

you just can't.

i totally agree....

when there is lying involved and someone is being cuckolded, it's obviously a horrible thing.

Great.

Can we make out now?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    What if she is married to another woman? That's legal in many states.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    The answer for me is absolutely no, even when I was single. Marriage still means something to me, so I won't do anything to undermine it, mine or others'.

How about you?

Is your mom married?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

How about you?

you claim to be squeaky clean about this yet you are compelled to start a thread about this??

SMH...really.

^^ exactly my point earlier
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    when I see threads like this I can't help but wonder WTF compelled OP to start this thread.

Don't you have anything better to do? I'm sure there are plenty of volunteer opportunities in your city to help feed the homeless or something.

game, set and match....
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    In for a bunch of Lying

(or maybe not, men are so shameless)
    I've known guys who actually think it's a point of pride...

I do too, it's like a game, one woman left hers to be with him, but he was just having fun, enjoyed the challenge with no intention of following through. And he's a great guy in most respects, that truly shocked me. I think that game is disgusting
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    By date you mean bang right?

Nope. try to live my life to a certain standard. Others have different standards. But I gotta be true to me, and I think that would be a bad idea, have crappy consequences, and be ultimately unfulfilling.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I regularly date a married woman. I'm quite attracted to her and love taking her out to dinner and occasionally out for adventures. We've done zip lines and wall climbing, but most of the time it's dinner and a movie. I'm really enjoying the experience!

Before anyone takes this too seriously, I'm talking about dating my own wife. I highly recommend it . . . um, that you date your own wife not mine.

IN!

Oh, wait. You weren't offering up your wife. Nvm.

OUT.
  • JHarr454
    JHarr454 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what the woman's situation is. I don't mess with anyone I'm not married to.

I've only kissed one woman, and it wasn't until after I put a ring on her finger.

That's how I do it and it works for me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Is any responsibility at all on the single person (male or female)?

They aren't cheating on anybody.

I do think there's some on the single person. But yes, most of the responsibility is on the married person.