Men: would you date a married woman?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    What if their spouse knows and encourages it?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Absolutly not.
    Even back in my single days, if a married woman is cheating on her husband, then she cannot be trusted.
    Even if it is a fling, there is not a woman in the world worth having a pissed off husband looking for you.

And try to imagine, guys, if you found out your own wife was screwing someone else AND, you found out who the guy was....
    Good point, there's the benefit of not constantly looking over your shoulder for a pissed of ex-husband...

Wait a minute! Wait a cotton picking minute! EX-Husband you say? Are we talking about a DIVORCED woman who an ex-husband is still clinging to? Or an actual married woman. I think we may have found the real impetus for this thread and maybe even who the real bad guy is. I feel like I just pulled the curtain back on the wizard.
    I just assume that a husband who finds out that his wife is cheating is not gonna stay a husband, not for long anyway. Guys tend to not put up with that kind of crap, us having testosterone and all...

As for me, no, I didn't do it. Of course, you're free to believe what you want to believe.

my eyes are rolling out of my skull and blood is oozing all over my keyboard.

I can't head desk enough on this thread.

I am so so so so so so so so immeasurably immensely grateful that I live in a community that doesn't think like a large portion of the folks in this thread.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    how do you define married?

I have friends, they are married....they are a lovely gay couple that were just married...

and my friend dates....

because his partner is dying and his partner insists that he wants him to find someone to hold him through his death...

so his dying husband arranges for him to go on dates.....and he dates...to make his dying partner happy....

and they are married...

i guess what I'm saying is....the definitions of the human condition are too individual to put ONE spin on any one thing....

you just can't.

Spouse is obviously on a lot of pain meds

Or is a loving man, looking out for his husband and the pain that he's going through. But, I could see you that could be confusing to some.

I would love to think that if were dying, that my husband would agree to date and find someone to help him through (even though I'm sure I'd be jealous and it would be painful), but I don't think he'd do it. But, I have left instructions to his siblings that if I should keel over some time, they are to make sure he finds someone, I don't want him to spend his life alone.
  • TattooedMuffin
    TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    eventually...someones feelings are gonna get hurt here

*sits back and waits...* :smokin:

If so it will probably be a woman not a man... just sayin:ohwell:

Nuh uh, a man already did. He threw out the women cheat a whole lot too line. He's not acting hurt, but if you're a man with standards and morals as he appears to be it might kinda feel yucky when someone insinuates that all men are pigs. That yucky feeling is called having your feelings hurt. He might not know that yet being a man. They are also *blanket statement* less likely to be in touch with their feelings. According to lore. Here's a chart that I hope will help men identify their feelings.

f4db26c3ada5e881caff629cc2727aae.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA epic
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    everyones says no but in a heat of a moment things could easily change :)

NOPE

If you aren't a douche bag you wouldn't be in a situation that put you in a "heat of the moment" type situation.

How can you be sure though? I guess the 'situation' could happen anywhere. I have a strong suspicion that most lads who end up banging married women don't expect that to be a life-direction for them. Just happens.

I think without doubt though that married men who cheat on their own wives are *kitten*. The line isn't as clear the other way around.

If you KNOW the woman is married then you damn sure better back WAY off before anything DOES happen.
    Same goes for the woman.

So again you shouldn't be in any situation that allows things to just happen.
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

NOPE

If you aren't a douche bag you wouldn't be in a situation that put you in a "heat of the moment" type situation.

How can you be sure though? I guess the 'situation' could happen anywhere. I have a strong suspicion that most lads who end up banging married women don't expect that to be a life-direction for them. Just happens.

I think without doubt though that married men who cheat on their own wives are *kitten*. The line isn't as clear the other way around.

If you KNOW the woman is married then you damn sure better back WAY off before anything DOES happen.
    Same goes for the woman.

So again you shouldn't be in any situation that allows things to just happen.

Thats fair enough mate I agree you should. Can't be heat of the moment if you've spent a while building up-to it either.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I have friends, they are married....they are a lovely gay couple that were just married...

and my friend dates....

because his partner is dying and his partner insists that he wants him to find someone to hold him through his death...

so his dying husband arranges for him to go on dates.....and he dates...to make his dying partner happy....

and they are married...

i guess what I'm saying is....the definitions of the human condition are too individual to put ONE spin on any one thing....

you just can't.

Or is a loving man, looking out for his husband and the pain that he's going through. But, I could see you that could be confusing to some.

I would love to think that if were dying, that my husband would agree to date and find someone to help him through (even though I'm sure I'd be jealous and it would be painful), but I don't think he'd do it. But, I have left instructions to his siblings that if I should keel over some time, they are to make sure he finds someone, I don't want him to spend his life alone.

Isnt' this like the plot of Breaking the Waves?
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    On this subject you can call me 7-up.. never have, never will.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

NOPE

Wait what. Why the double standard?

Husband cheating = *kitten*
    Wife cheating = *kitten*
    Anyone cheating = *kitten*
    Knowingly sleeping with someone cheating = *kitten*
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

and my friend dates....

and they are married...

you just can't.

Isnt' this like the plot of Breaking the Waves?

I looked the movie up (hadn't heard of it), and it looks like that is more about sex and voyerism and not so much about emotional connection and helping the other person move on with life.
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

NOPE

Wife cheating = *kitten*

Wait. What?

I meant the other way around as in single men sleeping with married women. I put it badly I admit.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

NOPE

I will admit it. I screwed up once, ignored my better judgement and put myself in a situation that lead to a big regret in my life. Certainly not proud of it. Chitty way to learn a lesson and I will say karma is a real bit ch too.

So count my d'baggery in there as one of the low points of my life.

As for the single person not having any blame, that isn't true.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

NOPE

Wife cheating = *kitten*

Wait. What?

I meant the other way around as in single men sleeping with married women. I put it badly I admit.
    Ah. Then we cool.

*fistbump*
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    If I was the one married to her...yes. In all other cases...no.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options

NOPE

I will admit it. I screwed up once, ignored my better judgement and put myself in a situation that lead to a big regret in my life. Certainly not proud of it. Chitty way to learn a lesson and I will say karma is a real bit ch too.

So count my d'baggery in there as one of the low points of my life.

As for the single person not having any blame, that isn't true.

brother we are all human we make mistakes i don't see you as a douche bag but merely a human that makes mistakes live and learn we live in reality not an ideal world
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    X2yDQ.gif

is it wrong that I can stare at her eating popcorn?

(EVEN WHEN I WAS SINGLE)....As for dating a married woman....HELL NO....I don't need some dude ready to kill me because his wife was unfaithful
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    brother we are all human we make mistakes i don't see you as a douche bag but merely a human that makes mistakes live and learn we live in reality not an ideal world

Yeah, i own that mistake.

Cheers.
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy for a month or so that turned out to be married. He was stationed here in NC and his wife was still back in Maryland finishing up school. He didn't fess up until he had taken me on a trip to NYC for New Years.. he drunkenly told his friend not to post any of the pictures on Facebook, because he didn't want his wife to see them.

I still feel horrible about it, even though I didn't know.

So I don't see how anyone could ever knowingly date a married person, and live with themselves knowing what they're doing.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    In for a bunch of Lying

(or maybe not, men are so shameless)
    Just so we are square, if a man made this statement about women he would be crucified.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My husband does, me!