OK guys... what's the best greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a Chobani girl! I like the plain and add a tbsp. of organic honey with some cinnamon...mmmmmm!
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Fage and Oikos both make a whole milk plain yogurt that is awesome. All the low-fat, no-fat versions have a lot more added sugar and are less filling. Serving size on the whole fat is 1cup but I usually can only eat 1/2 of that in a sitting. I mix my own fruit in, add savory ingredients for veggie dips, and also use in creamy sauces.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    we buy kirkland plain yogurt. We love it.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani.
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    Fage, hands down.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% is disgusting. Plain, full-fat The Greek Gods for me!

Also, I've found a local creamery that makes Greek yogurt from grass fed cows, so I'm eating it now. I still prefer the texture of The Greek Gods, though.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i make my own =]

cheap and yummy.
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    fage PLAIN full fat is like a dream come true.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oikos. Period.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Where can I find this miracle food? Everywhere I go sells the 0%.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's fat-free plain greek yogurt the best. Other brands are decent, though. I tried full fat greek yogurt once and it was so nasty it got thrown out after one bite.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I eat Vanilla Chobani, I used to hate yogurt, and I loooove this stuff!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Fage Plain 0% or chobani vanillia 0% -- but after seeing the other posters, I am going to try the Costco 0%!
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I tried Chobani Greek first and then Yoplait Greek and then everything greek :tongue: Didn't like any of them.
    Then one fine day a small little pack caught my attention and when i read the label it said a 100 calories with 8 grams of protein and just 13 grams of carbs. It was Chobani Bite Size - Raspberry with Dark Chocolate Chips.

Now that's a classic combo so I thought I will give it a try. How bad can it be ? And I fell in love with it. Its yumilicious and so so so i don't even know what to say.

I told a couple of colleagues at work about it and now I see atleast 10 packs of that in my Office Break Room Refrigerator everyday. :smile:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have been loving Chobani plain with fresh fruit.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Noosa is the best period. Best flavors, best texture. I took some up to my daughter when she was in the hospital after her car accident. All the nurses there raved about it being the only one they eat. It is wonderful!!

I second this. That stuff is amazing!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't like Greek yogurt as a yogurt. I think it's too rich and too strong-tasting to be with fruit. Except in smoothies, it makes them so thick and rich.

What I do like it as is a sour cream replacement, or a 'filler' where I would put cheese (instead of 1/2 cup cheese when I'm cooking, I'll melt 1/4 cup cheese into 1/4 cup Greek yogurt).
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    bump
  • 62texan
    62texan Posts: 13
    Options
    Greek Gods and Fage. I cannot stand the texture of Chobani.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Where can I find this miracle food? Everywhere I go sells the 0%.

I've only been able to reliably find Oikos full fat at Target. They don't carry full Fage and only had it from someone else. I liked it since they used whole milk and cream but am still on the hunt.

Where do you get Greek God's?

Just checked the Fage website and they have a store locator to look for I div ideal varieties. Found some now at one of the Hy-Vee groceries in my city.