So I was at the gym today...

Options
Perplexities
Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
It's leg day and I'm at the gym. it's packed and I start making my way to the squat rack to grab a bar and warm up with some dead's when some 5'8 guy jumps in front of me... So I'm like.. alright whatever, he's probably squatting like me, (I usually squat, and dead-lift on leg day) I'll just ask to set in and warm up with whatever it is he's using..... Then I look down, he's in shorts and it's pretty clear this kids never trained legs in his life..... Alright no biggie, he's probably squatting the bar.. I can still warm up a little and maybe he'll leave if I start throwing a lot of weight on the bar for my sets. long story short he was camped out in the squat rack for 45 minutes curling with the most horrendous form I've ever seen.

Replies

• thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Be honest. Were you wearing that shirt? Because I can clearly see your man boobs and obviously you were asking for him to join you.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    Be honest. Were you wearing that shirt? Because I can clearly see your man boobs and obviously you were asking for him to join you.

So what you're saying is, I was asking for it?
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    how are you only 20 and so bulky?
    maybe you shouldve opted for a 'cardio day' today
  • Salvatrucha30
    Options
    Funny..I started going to the gym about a week ago.and I see how many people go there just to show off..and a lot of times they do not know what the heck they doing..lol..I rather do things slow..and all before I get hurt..let the fools be fools..;)
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I had a much better day at the gym than you. I had a little size four nicely muscled lady doing REAL work with REAL weights and sweating like no tomorrow all around me. Sexy as all get out. :drinker:
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would of sneezed or coughed on him until he moved on!
  • Perplexities
    Options
    how are you only 20 and so bulky?
    maybe you shouldve opted for a 'cardio day' today

Genetics, and I've been "lean bulking" for a while. I do plenty of cardio, my maintenance calories are over 3900/day. I cut on 3600.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    What kind of shoes was he wearing?
  • Perplexities
    Options
    What kind of shoes was he wearing?

He either had really ugly Nikes or really expensive Nike lifting shoes oddly enough.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    I would of sneezed or coughed on him until he moved on!

You're coming with me next time.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Yesterday I would have said no. But after being schooled today is my sluttyness, I'm going to say yes.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    True story, yesterday as I was resting on the squat rack getting ready for my last set of squats before OHP, some guys came up to me asking me if I was done. I told them one more set, but I was planning on using it next. Then I changed my mind and told them it was fine, I'd just do some Inclined benching until they finished. I figured they were going to squat. Nope, they curled.
  • gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    sorry, I really enjoyed your post. Made me laugh to picture this little boy trying to one up you. You are a good guy to not have just sat on him...
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Waiting for Ms Opinionated (aka homer) to chime in.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options

Yesterday I would have said no. But after being schooled today is my sluttyness, I'm going to say yes.

you have to be equal its only fair
  • Perplexities
    Options

Show me your sluttyness. Stiff leg dead lifts in front of the treadmills? Don't worry I wont let anyone rape you, even if you do deserve it!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    You should have given him some advice on his form.

Either he appreciates it and becomes a better person, or he gets annoyed with you and moves on.

Win-win, really.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    True story, yesterday as I was resting on the squat rack getting ready for my last set of squats before OHP, some guys came up to me asking me if I was done. I told them one more set, but I was planning on using it next. Then I changed my mind and told them it was fine, I'd just do some Inclined benching until they finished. I figured they were going to squat. Nope, they curled.

I usually just go to my college gym on leg day, I'm almost always the only one doing legs. with 40+ people doing biceps, luckily there's tons of curling bars there to keep them busy.
  • DonnieFoozball
    DonnieFoozball Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    gym-rules.jpg
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    The rec center I go to only has 1 squat station...so it is pretty irritating when people do this. But then again, I can count on one hand the number of people that get into the squat station, and actually squat....most bend their knees about 10 degrees, curl, or some other monstrosity......
This discussion has been closed.