June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    L3 D2 done. Right now I'm enjoying level 3. Much better than level 2, which I wasn't a fan of.

I'm glad to see all of these positive comments about level 3. I need them to motivate me through level 2.

This Saturday my choices for exercise were:

- run in the 105 degree heat outside in the middle of the day
    - cut the grass (large, hilly, and thick back yard that is a b**** to mow) in the 105 degree heat in the middle of the day
    OR
    - do level 2 day 3 video in the air conditioned house.

I chose mowing the lawn - figured if I was going to sweat outside I may as well be productive. Both of the above sounded better than the video.

I really need to get back on track. Tonight is the night - and I'm going to keep telling myself to fight through level 2 for 7 more days because you all say level 3 is better :D

Hang in there...don't give up....I am on L2D6...it's hard but gives results :flowerforyou:
  • arania15
    arania15 Posts: 31
    Options
    I took 3 more skip days. >.>` Oops? I got back to L3 today and did L3D6... I've also been slacking nutritionally. I don't know why I've fallen off the wagon so in the last week. It's been rough. But I will finish it. It won't be perfect. It won't be uninterrupted. But it will be completed. Four more days - that's nothin'. Right?. . . . right. ._.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hang in there...don't give up....I am on L2D6...it's hard but gives results :flowerforyou:

l2d3 done tonight.

I think I may just not be strong enough for this level. I really feel like I am doing all I can just to get through it, and I do most all of them wrong.

Every once in a while I will try to flatten my back or straighten my legs to get into the right form and I can feel the difference but my muscles collapse and I go back to just doing them halfway.

But I am determined to push through the days in hopes that it gets easier.
  • rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    l2d3 done tonight.

I think I may just not be strong enough for this level. I really feel like I am doing all I can just to get through it, and I do most all of them wrong.

Every once in a while I will try to flatten my back or straighten my legs to get into the right form and I can feel the difference but my muscles collapse and I go back to just doing them halfway.

[/quote]

You will get better, you are only 3 days into this level. Even when I had done 9 days before, that last day was still a massive effort, the cardio on this level meant my heart pounding the entire way through the 20 mins. I sweated the same amount at the end that I did when first starting the level.

Don't get us wrong, level 3 is hard but after getting through level 2 it seems so much more enjoyable.
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Took the weekend off and then wasn't able to get to it yesterday either...boo...

But started Level 3 today and I agree with folks that it does seem to go a lot faster than L2 and be more enjoyable.

That being said, I still feel like Jillian is trying to kill me, had to take several breaks, and my heart is still pounding a mile a minute in my chest...

Also, jumping jacks with weights....hahaha she has got to be kidding me!!

Still feels good to know that I have gotten this far and I will keep going, even if I can't do 5-6 days a week like I started out I can see the changes in my body and I want to be even more fit...

Can't wait to continue to hear how ya'll are doing!!
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, what do you record shred as in the exercise section on MFP? Im unsure how many calories I would have burned, any formulas to work this out? Thanks x

I was putting it in as 20 mins of circuit training, which seems somewhat accurate. Then I found a calculator online that gave me an estimate and I used that to create my own exercise in MFP. I can't remember where I found the calculator, but I just googled "calories burned during 30 Day Shred" and there were a couple to choose from.
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    Hey guys, what do you record shred as in the exercise section on MFP? Im unsure how many calories I would have burned, any formulas to work this out? Thanks x

I was putting it in as 20 mins of circuit training, which seems somewhat accurate. Then I found a calculator online that gave me an estimate and I used that to create my own exercise in MFP. I can't remember where I found the calculator, but I just googled "calories burned during 30 Day Shred" and there were a couple to choose from.

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned?srch=30+day+shred&page=2
  • rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    l2d3 done tonight.

You will get better, you are only 3 days into this level. Even when I had done 9 days before, that last day was still a massive effort, the cardio on this level meant my heart pounding the entire way through the 20 mins. I sweated the same amount at the end that I did when first starting the level.

Don't get us wrong, level 3 is hard but after getting through level 2 it seems so much more enjoyable.

L3D3-done.
    Sore elbow skin from the plank push up things at the start.

Trying so hard to eat healthy, I have been having grapes most nights in yoghurt as an after tea dessert, well last night I got really bad pains and bloating in my stomach, the kind I get when I eat bananas, so I guess I'm off grapes now as well. Good job I prefer vegetables to fruit anyway.
  • shannonerdelyi
    shannonerdelyi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks level 3 is way harder than level 2? The plyos are killer!
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    SHREDDERS: L3D5 complete...with gusto! Only 5 days left! Here are the stats...did Squat Challenge first...220 squats, 20 minutes, 164 calories. Then Shredded...27 min, 218 calories. That's 382 calories for 47 minutes of work. I like it. TELL ME! TELL ME! IT'S GETTING TO THE WIRE...HOW WAS YOUR SHRED TODAY?!
  • GallwayGrl
    Options
    Which one next?? Getting close and I need to decide (and hopefully have the same crew) to join me in either Ripped in 30 or Extreme Shed and Shred. I may even throw in a 6wk 6pk. Anyone interested in any of those?
  • valchemist
    valchemist Posts: 28
    Options
    you aren't alone shannon...I'm with you! I think level 3 is the toughest. the only thing I can think of is: those who are saying how breezy level 3 is are doing the modifications.

I am slowly getting better at the plyo lunges (on level 3 day 5 now). and getting better on the rockstars, too.
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    you aren't alone shannon...I'm with you! I think level 3 is the toughest. the only thing I can think of is: those who are saying how breezy level 3 is are doing the modifications.

I am slowly getting better at the plyo lunges (on level 3 day 5 now). and getting better on the rockstars, too.

I don't find L3 breezy by any means....just mentally it seems easier for me because the time seems to go more quickly so even though I'm dying I feel like I'm dying for a shorter amount of time LOL I also feel like my body is dying in different ways....L2 my arms and shoulders and cardio killed me....now its legs and cardio :D
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Which one next?? Getting close and I need to decide (and hopefully have the same crew) to join me in either Ripped in 30 or Extreme Shed and Shred. I may even throw in a 6wk 6pk. Anyone interested in any of those?

I'm going to do Ripped in 30 because I have that DVD and then after that I was thinking 6 wk 6 pack....
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Level 3, Day 2 done....whew....managed to do the jumping jacks with weights today....I consider that my achievement thus far this level......
  • GallwayGrl
    Options

I'm going to do Ripped in 30 because I have that DVD and then after that I was thinking 6 wk 6 pack....

I'm thinking maybe do both at the same time?? I just have to go out and buy them on the 1st
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Wow, another one? I'm looking forward to going back to my daily yoga when the shred is over. I think I'll do it again in a few months or do one of the levels once a week or something.
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was going to rotate through my other Dvds for a bit. I need a break from Jillian. She definately kicked my butt with this DVD.
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks level 3 is way harder than level 2? The plyos are killer!

It is harder. I am finally able to most of level 3 without modifications. I am at day 4. Towards the last circuit is where it kills me.
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I was thinking about doing 6wk 6pk, but my back has to get better so I can finish level 3. I still have 5 days left of level 3 and I am hoping to be able to get back to it soon. I walked my neighborhood yesterday so hopefully I can return to shredding by tomorrow or the very latest Friday, if not I plan on starting level 3 all over from day 1.