kju52 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    share ! :D

and to the girl that posted the topic:
    Are you sure you REALLY want help ?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I don't think we'll be seeing the OP much here. She clearly didn't want actual advice, she just wanted people to tell her how great she was doing and sympathize with how bad it sucks when you do it all right and still don't lose weight.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    well, I gain weight if I eat anything above 1000kcal, so go and figure. All I can say is that it is highly personal based on the medical record, genes and who knows what else.

I found this under her recent posts from THE BIG STARVATION MODE MYTH thread here along with one about having been a yoyo dieter and following the ABC diet for a time on different threads.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1009194-the-big-starvation-mode-myth

So I'm going to assume that OP is eating 1000 calories or less.
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1. Measure 75g dry pasta.
    2. put it on the side.
    3. Go out and buy a food scale.
    4. Get home and weigh pasta.
    5. Put the extra 75g back in the box/packet.
    6. Cook the reamining 75g pasta.

There you go!

I love this. So true.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been "stalking" your profile.... It is hard to give advice when you don't give all the information.

You said in another post you do not eat more than 1,000 calories a day. I believe this is probably your problem. You should eat more or exercise less. Then you may see a change.......

BTW... if you exercise as much as you say you do, a good portion of that is probably muscle... did anyone ask what your body fat% is?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I agree, start with the doctor. If it is thyroid or another health issue, then it will get alot worse if you stop your strict eating and exercise.

Why start with the doctor? She hasn't even gotten to step 1 - GET A FOOD SCALE. That's like saying "I have a mild headache" and scheduling brain surgery before she takes a Tylenol.

This. And she has said her thyroid is normal in a later post.
    Are.

You.

Using.

A.

Scale.

Open.

Your.

Diary.

This is the answer.
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories to stay out of starvation mode? Go to APPS and scroll down. On the right is the BMR calculator; you should NOT be eating below that calorie amount for any reason. You will most likely gain instead of losing. Also- if you are working out at all, muscle weighs more than fat. Check your measurements and caloric intake.. maybe there is improvement you haven't noticed outside of the scale? Chin up!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Weight naturally goes up and down a couple of pounds a day. Not worth getting worked up over if it isn't a persistent gain. Though trust me, I totally understand the feelings. I know with my body it's not unusual for me to plateau for 4-6 weeks before obtain a sudden drop (can be anywhere from 2-5 pounds in one to two weeks) before plateauing again to have the cycle start over. Have patience. You main just be in a plateau phase where your body. If you are truly doing the right things, the plateau will pass... Good Luck!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo...

Do you have and use a food scale?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I have an idea.

Check it out, this is the best. Best idea ever.

I've got the whole thing figured out.

Seriously. Just listen. I'm gonna tell you.

She should think about a food scale.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you on any medications that might make it difficult to lose? For example, my sister was put on some medication once (she was dealing with some depression) and gained about 20 lbs in 1 month. She was frantic because she was always very, very thin and this weight gain was so foreign to her. Her physician changed her meds and she lost the weight very quickly.

If you aren't on any medication, I also wonder if you have been checked out medically in case there may be another reason contributing to why you cannot lose weight. I know it sounds like an old cliche "she has a glandular problem and can't lose weight," but the truth is that some folks do have medical reasons and have great difficulty shedding pounds. I am in the medical field and see this quite frequently so know this is sometimes the case. Good luck.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Weigh. Your. Food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

You are almost certainly eating more than you think.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Are you on any medications that might make it difficult to lose? For example, my sister was put on some medication once (she was dealing with some depression) and gained about 20 lbs in 1 month. She was frantic because she was always very, very thin and this weight gain was so foreign to her. Her physician changed her meds and she lost the weight very quickly.

If you aren't on any medication, I also wonder if you have been checked out medically in case there may be another reason contributing to why you cannot lose weight. I know it sounds like an old cliche "she has a glandular problem and can't lose weight," but the truth is that some folks do have medical reasons and have great difficulty shedding pounds. I am in the medical field and see this quite frequently so know this is sometimes the case. Good luck.

She's literally only 3-5lbs overweight and at this point nobody in this thread has any idea what her calorie intake is or her tracking accuracy. I would really look at those factors before suggesting that there is anything medical going on.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    Try switching up your exercise and eat more varieties of foods....and yes I am going to be looking into a food scale myself!!!! A heart rate monitor is already on my to do list. I realize my weight is going to drop because I am at the beginning of my journey, but I understand that when you are close to your goal...you won't lose so much. I have a goal in mind; but at the same time I keep telling myself as long as I eat healthy and exericse, my body will know what's a healthy weight for me. Could be more than I want to weight...could be less. We will see.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I have an idea.

Check it out, this is the best. Best idea ever.

I've got the whole thing figured out.

Seriously. Just listen. I'm gonna tell you.

She should think about a food scale.

inwcya.jpg
  • _quirky_girl_
    _quirky_girl_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're pregnant.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I regularly and happily violate #1, #2, and #3 every day, but thanks for playing.

Oh, this guy again...
    [/quote]

Notice 'this guy' has lost weight - unlike other here? Oh yeah.. so I don't do any of that either - actually I really don't do MOST of it.. hmm trend? between the two of us that 120 lbs. Personally I would much rather take his advice. Just sayin..
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're pregnant.

oh-snap.gif&size=400x1000
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We should take bets --

either she doesn't have a food scale and has no idea how much she is eating/ doesn't have any idea how many calories she is really burning in workouts

Or

she has been at it less than 10 days.

Ok, go.

Edit: Jeez, ok, or she is pregnant/ has a parasitic twin that's roughly 19 pounds.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Very sound logic. I weighed all my food, was careful about staying within caloric limit, ate more, ate less, moved more, changed my regular lifting routine, TDEE'd my little heart out.

Didn't count on one thing...a medical issue.