Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Food is only as bad as you make it.
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    "Arby's Sausage Gravy Biscuit...The problem with this biscuit is that you’re consuming a heart-stopping level of sodium and almost no potassium."

No. The problem with this biscuit is that it looks as though somebody threw up condensed milk all over it. What is this thing?

When a ham and cheese croissant is considered the healthier option, you know you're in the heart attack zone.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I HAVE HAD

DiGiorno Supreme 220-Calorie Portions pizza Thats usually our thurseday routine, um not anymore!!

and

Uno Chicago Grill Classic Deep Dish Individual Pizza
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    when i was pregnant and having trouble gaining weight my midwife suggested coldstone milk shakes between meals. lol.
  • sarajeanelles
    sarajeanelles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    OMG, that kids meal with the dinosaur shaped nuggets, what the heck!!! Who would feed that to their children??? That was gross. Nothing else was really too surprising, but it does sorta piss me off that Quizno's has to jack up a tuna sandwhich like that, I mean, I like a little mayo with my tuna, not a little tuna with my mayo, sad....
  • Iloveeyore78
    Iloveeyore78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I thankfully have never had any of those, however, I have had similar items over the years. It is amazing how the calories sneak in. Easy modifications like a half bun or no bun can help take down a lot of the calories. Its all about moderation in the end. :happy:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There's nothing inherently bad with anything on that list. Stop food shaming and demonizing.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Carl’s Jr. Six Dollar Guacamole Bacon Burger with Medium Natural Cut Fries and 32-oz Coke
    1,750 calories
    93 g fat (28 g saturated, 1.5 g trans)
    3,175 mg sodium
    Of all the gut-growing, heart-threatening, life-shortening burgers in the drive-thru world, there is none whose damage to your general well-being is as potentially catastrophic as this. A bit of perspective is in order: This meal has the caloric equivalent of 9 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnuts, the saturated fat equivalent of 30 strips of bacon, and the salt equivalent of 10 large orders of McDonald’s French fries!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mmmm... donuts... bacon.. so .. if i read this right.. I can eat 15 strips of bacon and 5 krispy creme donuts ... *heading to the supermarket*

oh yea.. and
    mmmmmmmmm Cinnabon.. mmmmm.. now i wanta cinnabon..
  • Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm still getting Coldstone for my b-day, dammit! But not a PB shake.. ewwww...
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Carl’s Jr. Six Dollar Guacamole Bacon Burger with Medium Natural Cut Fries and 32-oz Coke
    1,750 calories

93 g fat (28 g saturated, 1.5 g trans)
    3,175 mg sodium
    Of all the gut-growing, heart-threatening, life-shortening burgers in the drive-thru world, there is none whose damage to your general well-being is as potentially catastrophic as this. A bit of perspective is in order: This meal has the caloric equivalent of 9 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnuts, the saturated fat equivalent of 30 strips of bacon, and the salt equivalent of 10 large orders of McDonald’s French fries!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mmmm... donuts... bacon.. so .. if i read this right.. I can eat 15 strips of bacon and 5 krispy creme donuts ... *heading to the supermarket*

oh yea.. and
    mmmmmmmmm Cinnabon.. mmmmm.. now i wanta cinnabon..
    The burger by itself is 1030 calories. I would totally eat that for a treat once in a while.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I don't know...that guacamole bacon burger looks pretty good to me.

It's delicious!....definitely not an everyday kinda thing, but it is a delicious once in awhile kinda thing...
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    1,750 calories... ಠ_ಠ How is that even possible...
    DmnaD7U.jpg

I dont care what anyone says.... hating on coldstone is sacrilege
    The problem is the massive size of that drink. Over a quart! And there is an unnecessary amount of added sugar.
    How dare they blaspheme baby back ribs..... Nonsense I tell you

I also like how they only really look at sodium, fat, sugar and total calories and then they make suggestions for substitutions that are no where near comparable in size... Dont have that large meat lovers pizza instead have an almond..

This. I like how they suggest substituting a Chocolate Pudding Pie with beef jerky. If I am in the mood for something sweet like a pudding pie, why on earth would I substitute it with beef jerky?
    It is comparing gas station convenience food, not sweet treats.

Does anyone really need an entire deep dish pizza for themselves? And if they tried to compare every nutrient, it would be inelegant and confusing to read.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    This made me giggle.

From the article:

"Researchers have found that men are turned on by the smell of cinnamon rolls, and further studies have shown that men are more likely to spend money when they’re thinking about sex."

Who knew? Girl's gotta ask...true? false?
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So, they're saying that instead of having a 12" veggie sub for 1180 cals, 59g fat, and 131g carbs, you should get the 6" of a different veggie sub for 530 cals, 22g fat, and 52g carbs. If you really wanted the first one and would be happy with a 6", why not just get the 6" version of it for 590 cals, 29.5g fat, and 65.5 carbs? Maths. Basically they're telling us that half a sub has fewer calories, fat, and carbs than a whole sub. Wow. Such innovative thinking.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    OMG, that kids meal with the dinosaur shaped nuggets, what the heck!!! Who would feed that to their children??? That was gross.

I have. And they've also had the mac & cheese at Uno's which I think is even higher in calories as I remember. It's a treat. We eat 90% of our meals at home, always with vegetables. But I guess "feeding that to my children" makes my a shtty parent in your book.
  • mfreeman0921
    mfreeman0921 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have had on this list is the On The Border Taco Salad... I loved every mouthful!
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    I have made my own deep dish pizza from scratch. I'm still working on perfecting the crust recipe, it's just not soft and fluffy enough. The way deep dish pizza works is that the crust is basically a bowl full of cheese, toppings, and covered in pizza sauce. I am able to fit over half as much cheese on to a deep dish pizza as I can fit on a thinner standard crust that fills a cookie sheet. The deep dish pizzas have a diameter of nine inches.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I need to try the Hostess choc pudding pie and the Ruby Tues. mini sliders.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    How dare they blaspheme baby back ribs..... Nonsense I tell you

I also like how they only really look at sodium, fat, sugar and total calories and then they make suggestions for substitutions that are no where near comparable in size... Dont have that large meat lovers pizza instead have an almond..

I'm glad someone else noticed them doing that! Like for the pizza option, they said "the individual deep dish pizza is bad, so eat HALF a flatbread pizza. I'm sure HALF a deep dish pizza is better than a whole one, too.
  • MaggieKillNMaul
    MaggieKillNMaul Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Phew! Luckily I haven't eaten any of this stuff (although am a former cold-stone addict). I'm sure any of these are fine as a once in a while treat, but personally I think I'd feel like crap if I ate any of it.