What has been the hardest to give up?

Options
happywithme12
happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
Ok so I love learning more about all of you and of course the funny things some of you come up with so what is the one thing that has been the hardest to give up in your journey to a better you?

For me one of the hardest is carbs, I love a toasted bagel in the morning with so much butter that it is dripping off of it. I mean I love lots of foods, ice cream and chocolate and peanut butter in any combo of those 3 LOL. Another thing I love is the fried chicken that shoprite sells in there deli department but I think carbs have been the hardest to give up. I know I have the will to not eat them and I have given in at times and then got back in to my routine but even if i give in i still do all my workouts and don't give up on them because I must say I actually enjoy working out now.

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Pasta! OMG how i love you so fettucine alfredo! Also kfc original recipe chicken. Thank God for occasional cheat meals. lol.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I still eat what I want, just not like I used to :flowerforyou:
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I hated to give up the extra hours needed for meal preparation and exercise. My couch doesn't even recognize my *kitten* anymore.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I hated to give up the extra hours needed for meal preparation and exercise. My couch doesn't even recognize my *kitten* anymore.

LOL i love this cause i totally hear you, i have 3 kids, a husband and a rabbit and i thought it was bad trying to get things done before and now with adding excersise in there it seems like i never have time for anything.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options

Yup, same here!

I miss video gaming like I used to though. I used to spend hours and hours in front of my xbox or computer. Now I feel guilty, and get up to move around after only an hour or so. And those are days that I can play! I play like once a week if I'm lucky.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My free time. I have so little, it is hard giving it up to exercise.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Chocolate a women's best friend
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My problem is Coke! I think that I am addicted to soda.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I have such an insane weakness for it, worse than any other food.
  • 2720cynthia
    2720cynthia Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Yep, me too. So all I'm giving up is that way-too-full feeling, and reaching for the pepto after pigging out.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Confused why you would cut out your carbs completely????
  • lahlstephens
    lahlstephens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

Yup, same here!

I miss video gaming like I used to though. I used to spend hours and hours in front of my xbox or computer. Now I feel guilty, and get up to move around after only an hour or so. And those are days that I can play! I play like once a week if I'm lucky.

Same with me. I miss being able to grab what I want to eat instead of having to stop, check the fridge for healthier options, check MFP to see if it will fit in my calories/macros, and realize I can't eat it.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    my mental image of myself as not sporty, not fit, not coordinated.

Sure, the food choices were hard too, but my mind took the longest to convince and it still reverts to the old ways.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't eat much pasta anymore because I can't stand how little I get for my calories, but I haven't really given up anything.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything but I have cut back on bread. I love bread and used to eat it at every meal.
  • LaVonda47
    LaVonda47 Posts: 17
    Options
    The hardest thing for me to give up is a cheeseburger and fries. Just love a good burger. So now I try Boco meatless burgers and they are pretty good and i oven bake my fries instead of frying them.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    The pints of chocolate Haagen Dazs ice cream I'd get at my 7-11 occasionally. But that is about my total daily allowance now.
  • HuneeBunee08
    HuneeBunee08 Posts: 168
    Options
    VERY UNHEALTHY FOOD
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I gave up nothing, and I'm super happy I wasn't silly enough to "give up carbs" or whatever.