What has been the hardest to give up?

Options

Replies

• Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The only thing I still eat unhealthy wise is pizza...It's the only vice I have left. I don't care about the pop or the fast food or even the sweets (which I actually thought would have been my real weakness).
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I agree with the video game thing. I used to play hours a day and now I play maybe twice a week an hour at a time unless it's the weekend. Even then though it's not like it used to be.

I just feel more energetic and want to do more with my time than sit on my butt.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Confused why you would cut out your carbs completely????

I didn't cut them out, i still eat them in granola bars and things like that but i try to eat carbs that are better for you if that makes sense

No confused a carb in a granola bar and a carb in a bowl of cereal would still be a carb. 1 carb = 4 calories.

There is a difference between the carbs in whole grain and things like table sugar though. I would imagine that is what she's talking about.

Well I mean I would think that eating a granola bar would be better than a candy bar

Why would that be the case? Most granola bars have virtually the same nutrition as most candy bars. I think the difference is quite minimal. Personally, I like chocolate-covered granola bars.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    beer hands down i dont think i will haha but i have given it up before got thin just by doing so but was it worth it? decisions
  • 0ctobre
    0ctobre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    beer hands down i dont think i will haha but i have given it up before got thin just by doing so but was it worth it? decisions

I'm right there with you. This has been the most difficult for me too. I just really enjoy the taste of beer and the stronger, the better.
    I tried completely cutting off and that was a disaster so now I'm just cutting back. I'll have a small glass of red wine instead when I can and I'll have one or two glasses of beer MAX whereas I would go up to 6 or 7 before...
    We can do this!
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Pasta and Nutella.
    I still eat it, but every blue moon.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    DIET DR. PEPPER...pop or carbonation of any kind. I was so addicted...like 2L a day addicted. And I just stopped. No more. Drinking water like a fish now and loving the transformation. I had NO idea how bloated I was from all that sodium and my sleeping habits changed as well from no more evening caffeine. Truly a difference.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say the hardest thing to give up is anything with a sweet taste. I was once addicted to sugar, and i replaced that addiction with a worse one... Artificial sweeteners.
    I'm working on it very hard, we'll see how it goes. I was once addicted to sodas, now i'm addicted to diet sodas but i'm slowly getting over it.

Salt overuse has also always been a huge problem for me. I'm trying to give it up as well.

Refined flours were hard to give up but i ocassionally have them in reasonable portions. I try to always have wholegrains and wholewheat everything (depending on how much the label information is true, a whole-anything can be worse for you than its refined version)

I still eat everything in moderation in a reasonable frequency. But my tastes have changed so much for the better that i crave less and less junk each day.
  • 0ctobre
    0ctobre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Pasta and Nutella.
    I still eat it, but every blue moon.

I used to eat a crazy amount of Nutella every single day. Since I have been 3 years old. I thought for sure I would die if I had to cut it off... but after taking a good hard look at calories, I figured it wasn't worth it. I have been surprised at how little I miss it.

Pasta I'll eat once or twice a month (shrimp linguini!!), and I aim for the whole wheat kind.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    ha nice yea i was over seas for 6 years so i have had the best beers of the world i cant just cut that off now but i also found that your waisting your time with them low calorie beers like bud 55 it says 3.5% on the can but i have a friend who brews with a hydrometer or however you spell it and we tested them some of them only have 1% so im done with that crap now even though miller 64 taste great i stick to a couple stronger beer and a couple of shots when im tracking

I'm right there with you. This has been the most difficult for me too. I just really enjoy the taste of beer and the stronger, the better.
    I tried completely cutting off and that was a disaster so now I'm just cutting back. I'll have a small glass of red wine instead when I can and I'll have one or two glasses of beer MAX whereas I would go up to 6 or 7 before...
    We can do this!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    beer :(
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs as I once did. My LDL results scared me. So, I don't eat them very much.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    DIET DR. PEPPER...pop or carbonation of any kind. I was so addicted...like 2L a day addicted. And I just stopped. No more. Drinking water like a fish now and loving the transformation. I had NO idea how bloated I was from all that sodium and my sleeping habits changed as well from no more evening caffeine. Truly a difference.

2 liters of Diet Dr Pepper has like 300 mg of sodium.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs as I once did. My LDL results scared me. So, I don't eat them very much.

Dietary cholesterol has virtually no relation to serum cholesterol.

As an example, my average cholesterol intake ranges from 150 to 800 mg a day with an average in the 400 range. My blood LDL levels have gone down from 171 in 2006 to 141 in 2008 to 104 in 2013 as a result of body composition and exercise. This is pretty common.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Carbs
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I just eat less of it.

Last night, we made tacos and I desperately wanted a regular ol' taco piled high with all the toppings. The one tortilla shell was 90 calories though...and I didn't have the calorie allotment to include one. Made a taco salad instead. I was jealous of all the crunching taco sounds around me. =\ But the salad was tasty anyway. That's the closest I've come to giving up something though.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hardest thing I gave up was smoking.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I still eat what I want, just not like I used to :flowerforyou:

^^This - I haven't given up anything!
  • rachelisrued
    rachelisrued Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I miss pizza so much. It disgusting to know how much i would eat in the past, though. It's sad to not eat it when i see other people enjoying it all of the time, but it's refreshing as well.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Pasta and white rice. I don't really give much up but when I eat those two things I feel guilty so I try to stay away from them.