diet soda dangers

Options
1234568»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Actually statistics show that people that drink diet soda actually weigh more then people that drink non diet soda. and the chemicals in diet soda put in their to make it calorie fee your body doesn't know how to process it so it stores it as fat. ask any personal trainer. I cut soda and went to diet for a month and saw change in weight (and yes i did eat healthy and Exercise ) I cut it out completely and I lost 6 pounds in one week, its been a month and a half and my love handles are gone no double chin everything is getting alot smaller.

I am fighting pretty hard to hold back any snark here and be helpful. Excess calories, whether from carbs, fats, or proteins, are stored as fat by the body. If something has zero calories (meaning no carbs, fats, or protein), then it cannot be stored as fat, because there is nothing to store.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love soda but it hits my sweet meter and makes me hungry for "non" healthy food. Like cake and fast food....mmmmmmmm! Enough dreaming.. all in moderation right :)
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    no
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Proof Diet sodas make you fat ,, Have you ever seen a skinny person drinking one ? LOL

all Jokes aside ,, Last time I was at the Doctors office he told me I needed to loose weight ,, also said to stay away from diet sodas ,, why I have no idea ...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Actually statistics show that people that drink diet soda actually weigh more then people that drink non diet soda. and the chemicals in diet soda put in their to make it calorie fee your body doesn't know how to process it so it stores it as fat. ask any personal trainer. I cut soda and went to diet for a month and saw change in weight (and yes i did eat healthy and Exercise ) I cut it out completely and I lost 6 pounds in one week, its been a month and a half and my love handles are gone no double chin everything is getting alot smaller.
    Personal trainer. The claims against it are BS. You've obviously bought what most PT's don't know about diet soda..............actually peer reviewed studies.
    Go ask a PT what the most important meal of the day is. Odds are they will say breakfast because it "boosts/kickstarts" metabolism. It's BS too. No research to back it up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Proof Diet sodas make you fat ,, Have you ever seen a skinny person drinking one ? LOL
    Yes, all the time. I'm one of them.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'll drink my diet soda and enjoy it, too! :D
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Probably because they got fat drinking the regular soda
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Frankie:

That's an observational study that doesn't establish causation only correlation.

You need clinical trials.

Edit:misread at first

Agreed.

The problem is that we are looking to link cause and effect for chronic illnesses, not acute, which is alot harder to do and harder to conduct long term studies on humans for obvious reasons (costs for example)...

As a general point, as measured by the overall sickness of society we have to look at all the information and move to eliminate variables (such as aspartame, etc) and not just remain complacent which we progressively get chronically sicker.

Money is made selling patented goods, not natural ones. There is no lobby defending the potato. But there is a huge one defending GMO.

It is important that we we keep a scientific mind but not eliminate troves of data from analysis either (by always shooting the messenger etc).

Actually there *is* a potato lobby, just as there is a dairy lobby and a beef lobby, a pork lobby, etc.