What changes have you noticed as you've lost weight?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Biggest change is that I feel like me again.

I've been thin for most of my adult life. I'm not that overweight sluggish sedentary person. This person whose clothes fit and has plenty of energy- that's me.
  • Ronnie2002
    Ronnie2002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOL, I know what you mean...that's a great accomplishment.
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    My face definately. I still have a belly..boo. My arms are shrinking.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It sounds very strange and has more to do with building muscle than losing weight. I managed to do both at the same time and shaving my underarms without cutting myself is a challenge now. It is the weirdest thing that the shape of my underarms have changed! lol Anyone else notice this?

I love everyone's post but the guy warming his wife's side of the bed was both very funny and SOOOO SWEET!

Congrats to everyone on their successes
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    The biggest change has been my face. I look so different now!
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    NO more BACK BOOBIES!!!
    Smaller Love handles.
    Looser jeans.
    Boobies are smaller ( which i love since i've always been a DD)
    NO double chin.
    Collar bones!!
    Smaller arms.
    thigh gap
    Perky butt!!!

YAY!!!!!!
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    Still a loonngg way to go but so far,

my rings seem to fit looser

my back fat is slowly but surely reducing

my 'ponch' hahaha i said it! is slowly but surely disappearing

My cheekbones are more prominent.

Sooo proud!!!!! yaay me.:drinker: :blushing:
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great responses so far, everyone! I am veryglad to have started this thread and spread the positivity that is being more healthy! :)
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have more courage in trying new things, After all, I am succeeding at something very difficult.

Helen_Luvnlif you're dead right! I hope you're proud of yourself! I am!
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    attractive men checking me out. o.O
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Now When I'm naked I can look down and see my.. well nevermind. :embarassed: too much information..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I'm cold, and I'm less funny. Let me 'splain .... No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Here's where being cold is a problem: Most nights my wife and I head up to bed at the same time. She'll generally spend a few minutes in the lav - removing makeup, whatever it is you ladies do in there. Now, she hates a cold bed, and I like cool sheets. So I'll occupy her side of the bed while she's doing her thing. She comes to bed, and I roll over onto nice cool sheets, and she gets a pre-warmed spot. Everyone wins. Well I'm generally a lot colder nowadays, so I can't effectively warm her side of the bed .. without farting. Nobody is happy with this. Everyone loses.

Less Funny: At 300+lbs, I made a lot of self-deprecating wisecracks. For example, I'd wear shorts into work, and get a comment like "shorts toady, huh?" and reply with something like "yeah I'm just doing it to drive the ladies wild." and everyone would have a good chuckle. Hahaha fat guy made a funny. NOW, sometimes I forget I'm not still 300+, and in the same exact situation, I end up sounding like an arrogant *kitten*.

Anyone else here still turn sideways in order to get through a tight space, when they no longer have to?

You ARE funny! That turn sideways when you don't have to made me laugh! :laugh:

The whole warming your wife's side of the bed thing is one of the most romantic things I've ever heard! :)
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Clothing, especially pants, seems to be getting larger.

Someone noting I was getting skinnier the other day said the next time I hit the gym, to pick up a dumbbell equivalent to what I've lost and get a feel for what I used to be carrying around.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Lots of changes...

"Large" is now my default T-shirt size, rather than XXL
    All of my jeans are too big
    I can do 16 push-ups at a relatively fast pace - when I started I was lucky to do 2 or 3 sloooooow push-ups.
    I sleep well and am have more energy throughout the day
    My bloodwork and BP are normal (it was starting to get a bit "off", and BP was high)
    People I know are asking me for fitness advice, rather than telling me that I need to take care of myself and lose weight

This thread also reminds me that I have to get my wedding ring resized - I haven't been able to wear it for about three months now.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone's successes! So much fun.

-I like almost every picture taken of me now- I used to be so much more self-conscious.
    -So much more fun to get dressed.
    -I can do pull-ups!
    -I have been getting asked out a lot.
    -I don't worry about what I look like when I am working out anymore. I'm more worried about kicking *kitten*!

The ones I'm willing to put up with:

-I have always had a big head, but now it looks extra gigantic.
    -I have no boobs now.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What a great thread, some real :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: replies too!

For me a lot of things above - like going down from an Australian size 20/22 to a 12/14; rings getting looser, going down a shoe size, pants falling off, finding collar bones, finding a shape, not having a huge bum (am I allowed to say bum:laugh: ), having energy that felt I could leap over tall buildings, buying clothes in a MEDIUM instead of XXL, fitting into my old Levi belt from the 1970's ... so many things ... all positive.

But the biggest thing was recognising "myself" again - the fat person whom I had turned into - she has gone and "I" am back - when I look in the mirror I see me again - I didn't realise I had gone until I came back IYKWIM?

Well done everyone :flowerforyou: , so empowering to know we CAN take charge and get all these great benefits
  • Aquarii
    Aquarii Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Positive: My quality of sleep is a lottt better nowadays.

Negative: My gigantic head looks even larger relative to the rest of my body.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The women swooning has become tiresome.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The women swooning has become tiresome.

See you haven't lost your ego :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I went swimming. A year ago I would have been able to float on my back for hours on end. My husband and I used to joke that if we were shipwrecked he'd sink and I could use my body as a raft and just drift to safety. Now unless I hold my breath, I sink underwater too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!