Would you live in this home??... (sad story)

Options
13»

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I would like to know if the guy was ever found guilty? I hear name calling from you but from what I read in your OP, you still say he was the "suspect". Was he ever found guilty? Why are you calling him a scumbag?

Also, my own mind is a much bigger hell than anyplace I can think/find on this planet. Won't bother me a bit.
    http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/27/1555028/michael-curry-guilty-of-murder.html

Google is an amazing thing. With as little as "bush ax murder pregnant wife", it magically summons the answer.

What is a google and how do you do it?

Also, the link you gave still doesn't answer the question why a guy who was innocent (innocent until proven guilty, remember?) is being called a scumbag.

if you took a minute to do this thing called reading, you would see in the article that he was found guilty.

i think i would probably not want to live in a house with that reputation, simply for the paranoia that someone may get the urge for a copy cat murder and replicate something similar.
  • phonepest
    phonepest Posts: 43
    Options
    Have lived in apartments where someone was murdered and lived in one where someone died due to complications of diabetes. The natural death apt was actually creepier because the upstairs neighbor spent 3 days bouncing a basketball directly over the bedridden diabetic lady's bedroom. She died upset and alone. In the apt where someone was murdered, it was the typical "they practiced "black magic" then were murdered... used to see movement out of the corner of my eye and hear scratching noises. I do realize if one doesn't believe in "spirits" or their ability to make themselves known, there may have been other explanations for these things.
    To answer the OPs question... NOPE! Even if I didn't believe in spirits, my imagination would get the best of me!
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Also, the link you gave still doesn't answer the question why a guy who was innocent (innocent until proven guilty, remember?) is being called a scumbag.
    She said the he was the main suspect. Then, she mentioned that he was subsequently charged. We now know that he has been found guilty in a court of law. I'd draw up a diagram, but I suspect that the majority of those reading get it.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Out of respect for the people who were murdered, I would not if I had knowledge.

There was a man back in the late 70's early 80's who murdered and molested boys in his home. They tore it down because the people here wanted it done. I am glad. And no one has built on the property since. I am glad of this too.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Back in the 70's there was a pregnant wife and mother, her son (2 I believe) and her daughter (4?) who were brutally murdered with a bush axe.... Her husband was the main suspect. They had the trial 2 years ago and I attended in support of her very elderly parents who attended my grandparents church. It was very sad and sickening... The man was charged with the murder of his wife, unborn child, son & daughter..... It was insane sitting in the same room as a piece of scum who did such a thing...
    Anyways, the house is located in a nearby neighborhood. It's actually directly across the street from my cousins house.
    People do live in that very house and they MUST know about what happened in that house... I mean, do realtors have to tell you when things like that have happened in your potential home?? If not, then they had to have known when trial time came.. the house was all over our local news.

My question is: Would you live in this house if you knew about this horrific (to say the least) tragedy?....

I believe a realtor is supposed to tell you if a murder or something terrible happened in the house. No, I would not live in a house like that. I believe buildings retain something from the people who've been there. It should be bulldozed. Either that, or donate it to Mother Teresa's order, who would clean it up, pray in it, and use it to help the poor.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I would like to know if the guy was ever found guilty? I hear name calling from you but from what I read in your OP, you still say he was the "suspect". Was he ever found guilty? Why are you calling him a scumbag?

Also, my own mind is a much bigger hell than anyplace I can think/find on this planet. Won't bother me a bit.
    http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/27/1555028/michael-curry-guilty-of-murder.html

Google is an amazing thing. With as little as "bush ax murder pregnant wife", it magically summons the answer.

What is a google and how do you do it?

if you took a minute to do this thing called reading, you would see in the article that he was found guilty.

i think i would probably not want to live in a house with that reputation, simply for the paranoia that someone may get the urge for a copy cat murder and replicate something similar.

Between NSA tapping and everything, I don't believe one second in the justice system. The guy sounds innocents. Sorry but believe what you want.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Between NSA tapping and everything, I don't believe one second in the justice system. The guy sounds innocents. Sorry but believe what you want.

First you said he was innocent until proven guilty and now you say innocent after proven guilty. What information and evidence do you have that causes you to decide he is innocent and take his side without knowing any of the real facts, except for some news stories in the media (the media is not a reliable source of facts and accurate information, anyhow).
  • taunto
    Options

First you said he was innocent until proven guilty and now you say innocent after proven guilty. What information and evidence do you have that causes you to decide he is innocent and take his side without knowing any of the real facts, except for some news stories in the media (the media is not a reliable source of facts and accurate information, anyhow).

Read what you just wrote. What information do YOU have that he's guilty? The same news article.

Also, do you really believe that if the cops had a suspect they won't do everything to try and focus on him and him only and ignore everything else?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I might live in a place with a history like that, but only after having the house ceremonially purified and blessed by a priest and maybe a shaman or two as well. It'd have to be a frigging awesome house at a cheap price, too.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Read what you just wrote. What information do YOU have that he's guilty? The same news article.

Also, do you really believe that if the cops had a suspect they won't do everything to try and focus on him and him only and ignore everything else?

He was proven guilty in the court of law. Those are the facts that I have. I don't have the information and facts that was presented to the jury. I did not say that I know what did or didn't happen. I don't know. But, I do know that it was tried in court before a jury and there was a conviction.

I understand and agree that the justice system has many flaws. I'm not saying it doesn't. But, I also don't just randomly decide people are innocent and wrongly convicted without some strong evidence and reason to say so. I'd think you would have some info to back up what you are saying and that was what I was asking.

After 35 years, I do not think the cops are going to intentionally try to wrongly convict someone. It's not like it was at the top of their list to get some suspect into jail immediately.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I could but I did live next to a real old, creepy cemetery growing up. Kids always used to gawk as I got off the school bus, they couldn't understand how I wasn't creeped out by it. meh, I guess if you get used to it.
  • taunto
    Options

He was proven guilty in the court of law. Those are the facts that I have. I don't have the information and facts that was presented to the jury. I did not say that I know what did or didn't happen. I don't know. But, I do know that it was tried in court before a jury and there was a conviction.

I understand and agree that the justice system has many flaws. I'm not saying it doesn't. But, I also don't just randomly decide people are innocent and wrongly convicted without some strong evidence and reason to say so. I'd think you would have some info to back up what you are saying and that was what I was asking.

After 35 years, I do not think the cops are going to intentionally try to wrongly convict someone. It's not like it was at the top of their list to get some suspect into jail immediately.

Its the same justice system that dragged the case for that many years. I didn't read the part if he was in jail for that time but for that many years even if he isn't and was found innocent, its still a torture.

Also I said he SOUNDS innocent. Which he does. If you wanna put your undying faith in a corrupt justice system, be my guest. I'm sure NSA is aware of your loyalty and is putting it in your file right now.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Its the same justice system that dragged the case for that many years. I didn't read the part if he was in jail for that time but for that many years even if he isn't and was found innocent, its still a torture.

Also I said he SOUNDS innocent. Which he does. If you wanna put your undying faith in a corrupt justice system, be my guest. I'm sure NSA is aware of your loyalty and is putting it in your file right now.

How could you possibly come to the conclusion that I put undying faith in the justice system based on what I said. That is ludicrous. You are not understanding at all what I even said, if that's what you think. I don't have the time to re-explain it, and I don't want to since you are jumping to absurd conclusions about me. But, I can assure you that I do not put my undying faith in the justice system. I already said it is extremely problematic. Yes, they drag cases out for years (while the suspect is free, not in jail). Innocent people are found guilty and guilty people are found innocent (although that does not happen every single time). It is a terrible system. Some places are better than others. I did not even say that I knew if he was guilty or innocent. But, there are people that probably do know (I am not those people and I have never had a conversation with them). I have no personal interest or investment in this story.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Cops do not send anyone to court. The attorney general decides whether a case goes to court after weighing the evidence. They are hesitant to go to trial unless they are quite certain that the individual is guilty. They are not going to haul a guy into court just to avoid doing more investigative work. Doing otherwise is too risky, as it could result in wasted money and subsequent lawsuits.
    The justice system did not "drag the case". When they did not feel that they have the evidence to prosecute, they dropped the case. The guy was not in jail during that time, and nothing happened with the case until another investigator decided to reopen the case years later.

I suggest doing some reading from accurate sources on the American justice system. It might help to alleviate your concerns.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    As a matter of fact, the house I've lived in since 1974 is an old farmhouse built in 1890 and formerly owned by a state senator. Local legend says that somebody--it was so long ago, nobody remembers who--was shot to death in the living room. True or not, it's just an old house, with no sign of ghosts, vibes, "creepiness" or any other remnant of the people who lived here before us. I do not believe for one second that houses retain any "energies" of past dwellers.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Cops do not send anyone to court. The attorney general decides whether a case goes to court after weighing the evidence. They are hesitant to go to trial unless they are quite certain that the individual is guilty. They are not going to haul a guy into court just to avoid doing more investigative work. Doing otherwise is too risky, as it could result in wasted money and subsequent lawsuits.
    The justice system did not "drag the case". When they did not feel that they have the evidence to prosecute, they dropped the case. The guy was not in jail during that time, and nothing happened with the case until another investigator decided to reopen the case years later.

I suggest doing some reading from accurate sources on the American justice system. It might help to alleviate your concerns.

Yeah, I agree here! The first statement especially.

And as for cases taking a long time, they just do. There is a lot of work to do. Even the super speedy cases take at least 2 years usually. And there are many reasons for delays (including tactics from defense attorneys). It's complicated and the reasons vary from case to case and get backlogged sometimes.. And it's not like they only have one case to work on. They are working on many cases at once. And the police and prosecutors do their job to the best of their ability. They do not try to intentionally put innocent people in jail. That makes no sense. Of course there are flaws, but that's part of the reality of a very difficult process.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options

I do not know who/what the NSA is - but here in Australia there have been cases re-opened after many years when new evidence was found - usually DNA evidence that was not available back in the original investigation.

I don't see the time gap as so strange if that were the situation in this case.

Re original question - not sure how I would feel - but there was a house up the road from where I used to live in which a child died after being bashed by the mothers boyfriend or something like that - the house was renovated and sold after that..
    I think it is unfair to say house should be demolished or donated to charity - the family in which this bashing took place were tenants, why should landlord have his/her house demolished or donated?
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Nope, if I knew that I'd be totally freaked out :noway:
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely not live in a house with that horrific of an history. I am very aware ghosts and poltergeists do exist, and I know, not every horrific event my leave traces, but I would not want to risk it. I have been to a few people's houses where I saw ghosts, (didn't know before hand that they had them) and then asked about them, and sure enough, yes they had ghosts. It weirds me out.

I would hope someone would have to tell any potential buyers about horrible history, but they probably don't.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    No, it is horrible to see what a human can do