How far up/down from your age would you date?

Options

Replies

• londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    cant say for sure because i may meet someone who is too special to turn down out of this age range, but i'd say 25-late 30's (i'm 33)

so far never dated anyone outside of a 3 year age gap from me though for some reason
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I'm 41 (married) so not on the dating scene.
    Probably no younger than 35 & no older than 50.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I'm 41 and have seen a 25 yr old and a 50 year old....not at the same time.
  • hippiebutterfly
    Options
    i am 27 and in a relationship with a person who is 40 been with them for 4 years. but before that i have been with ages from 31-48. never really liked ppl around my own age or younger.
  • Pebbles91909
    Options
    My first boyfriend was 1 year younger, the second boyfriend was 3 years younger, and my husband is 5 years older. I never dated much (I was very picky about what type of guys I dated).
  • d4ley1
    d4ley1 Posts: 73
    Options
    20-60 whats a number
  • nee90
    nee90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    22-32! I'm 23
  • countryclowgirl
    countryclowgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number
    I'm 36 and my loving hubby is 50.
    Age is in the mind
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Im 32, some of my best dates have been with men 40-45 years of age.
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    LOW-VETT lol :0)
    My range is:

w = 0.5*m -5 to 0.5*m + 10, where m is my age, and w is the woman's age. (w is greater than legal minimum age of consent).

So for me a 59 that puts the range from 25 to 40 for starting a relationship with someone.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i'm 28, and i've lately found my ideal is 10+ years older than me.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I prefer to date someone that is 6 months and 11 days older than me.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and I've always dated older. I'm not opposed to younger, it just hasn't happened. My love is 15.5 years older than me and I've never been happier. So, I guess I'd say 30-48. But I wouldn't rule someone out based on age.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I would say that age does not matter, it matters if you feel the age difference. For me is not that important the age of someone, but the way I relate to that person. And if I can relate to that person as a peer, not an elder or youngster, is ok.

I never dated younger and I never had any atraction towards younger males. I'm 24, soon 25, so at this point, dating someone less than my age seems strange. They would be like... students (partying, having fun) and I'm a full working adult... different lifes... I'm more mature also and I would feel I great gap.
    Older... 10 years older? My ex-boyfriend was more than 5 years older than me and I didn't feel the age difference.

So 25-35 would be the range.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and wouldn't date anyone under 40. Upper range is probably 50, maybe 55.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Would consider anyone from 18 to mid-40s, prefer (and have) partners in their 20s. I'm 36.
  • JackB121
    JackB121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've met girls who are 28 and act like they're 18, and vice versa. So it's case by case for me. But probably not anyone over 35 I would guess, you never know though
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    How far from my age are CatrinaH and Liftingmommy?
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    27. Would date 35-45 yr. olds.