I think I have to quit my dieting

Options
124»

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Smuckers peanut butter which is really fattening, I don't dare to eat it.
    Peanut butter is great for you and not fattening if you are consuming less calories than you use.
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    cheat meals should be once a fortnight if not once a month, more than that and it's easy to over indulge and go back to your unhealthy diet.

i know what it's like being on low income and trying to be healthy. I don't believe for a second bad foods are less expensive than healthy ones however. you just need to watch your portions more and bulk things out with pulses and veg. You can also use 'meal' ingredients as snacks, again you just have to be abit daft and try things together.

For instance
    pepper, carrot and celery sticks with humous (which you can make yourself from a can of chickpeas, youtube this) or healthy nut butter (like Meridian peanut butter, pb is quite high in fat so you want to watch how much of this you eat, proper pb with just peanuts in it is quite low in calories tho and has no added sugar so 30g goes a long way and tastes devine once you get used to the taste without it being overpowered by sugar).

instead of normal bread, have cloud bread (also called oopsie bread), all you need is cream cheese (like philidelphia) eggs, baking powder and salt and if you have it psylium husk thought it's not essential, it just adds fiber.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/oopsie-bread-497736
    this is GREAT with easy spread butter and Jam

buy frozen veg, they last longer and they are frozen not long after picking so are full of nutrients. you can make cauliflower rice and add in peas, bacon, scrambled egg etc, anything you get from a takeaway, it looks and feels just like rice but not as high in carbs. i love this. I defrost the frozen cauliflower in a pot of hot tap water for 5-10 mins (or longer if i'm preparing something annoying), then stick in the blender, blitz it so it looks abit like rice, then fry it in coconut or olive oil, move it about every so often, when it starts sticking it's ready.

You can have scrambled egg with just one egg and add in pepper, hot sauce (or any sauce you like) onion etc

you don't have to drink straight water either, there is this misconception that those 9 glasses of water a day has to be JUST water. If you are used to drinking lots of caffine, then drinking your usual amount of tea and coffee WILL NOT dehydrate you, your body is used to it. Green and fruit teas also count as water. Keep away from carbonated drinks, even diet ones and also squashes/diluting drinks as these have lots of sugar in them, have them occasionally but not as your main 'water' intake. You could try zero sports drinks (where there is virtually no calories, that add some flavour and electrolytes, they're quite expensive but are good every so often as something else to drink. and adding in citrus slices to flavour your water is also nice.

banana makes some awesome icecream by itself (google blogilates for some great receipes using 'weird and 1-3 ingredients only) and you can add more flavour using stuff you've probably got in your cupboards, yoghurt to bulk it up abit (or must more bananas), pb, other fruit, dessert sauces, nuts and seeds etc.

yoghurt with nuts and seeds, berries and a little honey *drools*

if your stuck for inspiration when there's not much in the cupboards, google what you have most of say: cauliflower recipes, and see what comes up!

good luck with everything :D
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If can still lose weight eating what you have, just less of it. Good luck hon!

Respectfully,
    Beachpls
  • ldilone13354
    ldilone13354 Posts: 125
    Options
    cheat meals should be once a fortnight if not once a month, more than that and it's easy to over indulge and go back to your unhealthy diet.

i know what it's like being on low income and trying to be healthy. I don't believe for a second bad foods are less expensive than healthy ones however. you just need to watch your portions more and bulk things out with pulses and veg. You can also use 'meal' ingredients as snacks, again you just have to be abit daft and try things together.

For instance
    pepper, carrot and celery sticks with humous (which you can make yourself from a can of chickpeas, youtube this) or healthy nut butter (like Meridian peanut butter, pb is quite high in fat so you want to watch how much of this you eat, proper pb with just peanuts in it is quite low in calories tho and has no added sugar so 30g goes a long way and tastes devine once you get used to the taste without it being overpowered by sugar).

instead of normal bread, have cloud bread (also called oopsie bread), all you need is cream cheese (like philidelphia) eggs, baking powder and salt and if you have it psylium husk thought it's not essential, it just adds fiber.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/oopsie-bread-497736
    this is GREAT with easy spread butter and Jam

buy frozen veg, they last longer and they are frozen not long after picking so are full of nutrients. you can make cauliflower rice and add in peas, bacon, scrambled egg etc, anything you get from a takeaway, it looks and feels just like rice but not as high in carbs. i love this. I defrost the frozen cauliflower in a pot of hot tap water for 5-10 mins (or longer if i'm preparing something annoying), then stick in the blender, blitz it so it looks abit like rice, then fry it in coconut or olive oil, move it about every so often, when it starts sticking it's ready.

You can have scrambled egg with just one egg and add in pepper, hot sauce (or any sauce you like) onion etc

you don't have to drink straight water either, there is this misconception that those 9 glasses of water a day has to be JUST water. If you are used to drinking lots of caffine, then drinking your usual amount of tea and coffee WILL NOT dehydrate you, your body is used to it. Green and fruit teas also count as water. Keep away from carbonated drinks, even diet ones and also squashes/diluting drinks as these have lots of sugar in them, have them occasionally but not as your main 'water' intake. You could try zero sports drinks (where there is virtually no calories, that add some flavour and electrolytes, they're quite expensive but are good every so often as something else to drink. and adding in citrus slices to flavour your water is also nice.

banana makes some awesome icecream by itself (google blogilates for some great receipes using 'weird and 1-3 ingredients only) and you can add more flavour using stuff you've probably got in your cupboards, yoghurt to bulk it up abit (or must more bananas), pb, other fruit, dessert sauces, nuts and seeds etc.

yoghurt with nuts and seeds, berries and a little honey *drools*

if your stuck for inspiration when there's not much in the cupboards, google what you have most of say: cauliflower recipes, and see what comes up!

good luck with everything :D
    Thank you! Will do.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Overwriting slightly sarcastic comment. Keep your head up, kid. Everyone goes through hard times. You'll figure it out and be okay.
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    are there employment agencies where you are? could you temp at something like receptionist, general typist or junior office admin/secretary, or maybe as a cleaner or hotel staff things like that?

Good luck finding a job, i know how tough it is and i'm trained to do loads of things. Sometimes you're just not what they're looking for or they have so many applicants they have too much to choose from, don't take it personally, someone will see you as a great employee hopefully soon.
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    First of all, sorry you can't get better food right now. That's a real bummer. But if you want to lose weight, all you have to do is eat at a calorie deficit. Set a goal for your calories. Cereal for Breakfast and sandwiches for other meals can totally work for that, especially if you're exercising. When you can add better ingredients like fresh veggies, do so, but until then, there's definitely a limit to how much someone should suffer over weight loss.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Overwriting slightly sarcastic comment. Keep your head up, kid. Everyone goes through hard times. You'll figure it out and be okay.

It's fine and thank you.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    First of all, sorry you can't get better food right now. That's a real bummer. But if you want to lose weight, all you have to do is eat at a calorie deficit. Set a goal for your calories. Cereal for Breakfast and sandwiches for other meals can totally work for that, especially if you're exercising. When you can add better ingredients like fresh veggies, do so, but until then, there's definitely a limit to how much someone should suffer over weight loss.

It's okay, thank you. :) Im just gonna eat what I want and workout. :) I'm not giving up. I promise. New lifestyle.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    So guys I think I have my workout planned for everyday.
    One day in the morning I'll go jogging and walking for a mile for 30 mins to tone my legs because that's what I want since their flabby at my upper inner thighs and the next day I'll be doing a 10 minute but and thigh workout for toning and also dumbell sidebents 50 times. the great part is that I found my my old workout mat so I'm even more excited! I'm not stopping and I'll be continuing this everyday. :)
  • x58890
    x58890 Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree with most everyone else here. Use MFP to figure out your daily calorie goal. Eat whatever you have, but stay within your goals. Also, I "second" the hard boiled eggs. They are the PERFECT snack food and will help you feel full for hours.