How far up/down from your age would you date?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 30-40
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I base it more on connection, physical attraction and personality over actual calendar age...

While I agree, I'd get weirded out at the thought of dating someone the same age as my younger sister. I'd feel like a dirty old man.

Though I'm married, so it doesn't really matter, lol.

Well, no I wouldn't date someone half my age, 18 would be too young.... I guess I was thinking more older... but everyone is different levels of maturity at different ages.... Hard to judge.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 so in a relationship, 21 would be the youngest. 30 the oldest. The last woman I dated is 12 years older than me. Current one is 4 years older! haha I guess I'm mature enough?
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    If I were presently on the market, it would start at roughly 28, end at roughly 40-45. On the low end I couldn't deal with someone still growing up...and on the high end I'm not ready to grow old. So those numbers would only be a rough guide, and personality would be king. Life is too short not to be having fun.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am 27, and I'd date in the 21 to 37 range.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I've never dated anyone younger than me but I guess now I'm getting older I shouldn't rule it out lol. I don't have an upper age limit, it just depends whether I get on with somebody or not
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    What about the "formula?" Minimum age to date is half your age + 7? Oldest age to date is two times (your age -7).
    For me, that would be 32-95. Fortunately, I'm married so that is as far as I need go.
    Options
    I'm 25 so in a relationship, 21 would be the youngest. 30 the oldest. The last woman I dated is 12 years older than me. Current one is 4 years older! haha I guess I'm mature enough?

You definitely seem mature enough.... I'd be too mature for you since I'll be 36 in August :flowerforyou:
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 so I'd say anywhere between 25-35, but even up say 37 or 38 would be fine!
  • jenniferfiedler
    Options
    I'm 24 and Married. My general rule when I was dating was between my age and 10 years older. (My husband is 4 years older). I never dated a man younger than me. The smallest difference in age was 2 years.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You definitely seem mature enough.... I'd be too mature for you since I'll be 36 in August :flowerforyou:

36?! I would have said 26 and apparently I would have guessed very wrong.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    18-28 (I'm 24). I've found most of the older men I've met to be boring, stubborn, and materialistic.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    Once upon a time I would have said they absolutely HAD to be older than I am. But I married a man 9 1/2 years younger. I turned 40 in march, he'll be 31 in October.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    The real question is how far up and down your weight would you date?

This. hahaha
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Whoever's got it together and treats me well.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6 years younger than me and I never dated or thought about dating anyone that much younger before ... keep your options open folks and don't rule out someone based on age alone ... says the 40 year old woman with the 34 year old husband, :smooched:

Hey, we are exactly the same!! (40 & 34)

(and I agree, I never would've considered it back before I met him because we were both much younger then and the difference seemed bigger, and yet.....:love: .....yes, keep your options open)
    Options
    If I were presently on the market, it would start at roughly 28, end at roughly 40-45. On the low end I couldn't deal with someone still growing up...and on the high end I'm not ready to grow old. So those numbers would only be a rough guide, and personality would be king. Life is too short not to be having fun.

Life is WAY too short not to be having as much fun as possible :flowerforyou:
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    +5 and -1
  • Fitscorcher
    Options
    I've just turned 41, I would date someone 10 years older but only coz I have some one in mind :-p otherwise I'd say no more that 4 years older. I'd definitely say a lot younger though, up to 11 years younger I think. I'm suddenly finding myself attracted to younger men, just don't tell my husband ;-)