Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ronnie James Dio, may he rest in peace \m/ -_- \m/
    James "The Rev" Sullivan- Avenged Sevenfold's drummer.
    Whitney Houston
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

A real piece of work you are.

well I bought into the myth to until I heard first hand accounts which led me to research the woman a little.

"heard" and researched......never really met. Or worked with. Or really experienced any kind of appreciation. I doubt if you would ever go down there yourself and find out =)
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

I second the above about her. 100%
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I still get a bit wistful when i watch a John Candy movie.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Adam Yout/MCA of the Beastie Boys. I'm still heartbroken.

Me too. Makes me sad.
  • crimsongypsy
    crimsongypsy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chris Farley, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse (such a shame) and Bea Arthur (seriously a big fan of hers since I was tiny, was so sad when I heard that she died)
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options

well I bought into the myth to until I heard first hand accounts which led me to research the woman a little.

"heard" and researched......never really met. Or worked with. Or really experienced any kind of appreciation. I doubt if you would ever go down there yourself and find out =)

so then I guess my best friend and her family were just making stuff up for ****s and giggles
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

so then I guess my best friend and her family were just making stuff up for ****s and giggles

they probably just didnt like getting whatever was afforded to them at the time. But if they want to tear up whatever work Mother Teresa did, then its their choice, just dont base that as the "be all and end all"... i rarely stick up for any "famous person" this one is legit.
  • Trusten83
    Trusten83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Kim Jong Il. RIP in peace sweet prince.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Heath Ledger - He was only a year older than me, and I had no clue about his drug use.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

What I find interesting is the "celebrity" you chose to bash.

There are many listed in this thread that had very controversial lives and practices and you overlooked them. I mean, one person listed here surrounded himself with prepubescent boys and is highly suspected of pedophilia, some mention here wasted themselves through over indulgence....and yet you bash a harmless old woman who died a pauper- and the words you used to do so- I see nothing but a nasty heart.

I appreciate the lady's efforts and respect her cause. I am an atheist and think we need more like her.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I've never cried when a celebrity dies but plenty have made me sad. Patrick Swazye, Farrah Fawcett, John Ritter, John Candy and especially Princess Diana ( she was so tortured).

What I do cry about are lost, kidnapped, abused, or murdered children. No child should die a horrific death by an adult's hand.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson. Still can't believe he's dead. :(
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    You know those people that go to like, Olive Garden, and they've been there before and they were happy with it, and then one day a waiter was a little snippy and they stomp their feet and whine and cry and decide they're never going to another Olive Garden ever ever again, and they tell all their friends how horrible Olive Garden is because one time, the waiter was a little too snippy...? Yepp, that's what's going on here.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    You know those people that go to like, Olive Garden, and they've been there before and they were happy with it, and then one day a waiter was a little snippy and they stomp their feet and whine and cry and decide they're never going to another Olive Garden ever ever again, and they tell all their friends how horrible Olive Garden is because one time, the waiter was a little too snippy...? Yepp, that's what's going on here.

olive garden is horrible. from its bad bread sticks and salad to its sub par pasta.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options

What I find interesting is the "celebrity" you chose to bash.

There are many listed in this thread that had very controversial lives and practices and you overlooked them. I mean, one person listed here surrounded himself with prepubescent boys and is highly suspected of pedophilia, some mention here wasted themselves through over indulgence....and yet you bash a harmless old woman who died a pauper- and the words you used to do so- I see nothing but a nasty heart.

I appreciate the lady's efforts and respect her cause. I am an atheist and think we need more like her.

Are you ignoring the fact that children were tied to beds? gagged,denied pain meds when they were dying even though they were available. harmless? the others mentioned in this thread are not believed to be these selfless angel that she was. sorry just don't see it. im entitled to my opinion of her,and if you don't like my opinion that's more your problem than mine. but I challenge you to do a little research yourself into the conditions in her homes for the dying despite the 50 million dollars they had at their disposal.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

olive garden is horrible. from its bad bread sticks and salad to its sub par pasta.

lol. I like Olive Garden well enough. I can get better Italian food that's really italian elsewhere, but it's good when I don't have a huge budget.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The MOST talent music artist of ALL time! MICHEAL JACKSON
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Heath Ledger :'( such an aussie babe
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Dale Earnhardt