Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

A real piece of work you are.

well I bought into the myth to until I heard first hand accounts which led me to research the woman a little.

What I find interesting is the "celebrity" you chose to bash.

There are many listed in this thread that had very controversial lives and practices and you overlooked them. I mean, one person listed here surrounded himself with prepubescent boys and is highly suspected of pedophilia, some mention here wasted themselves through over indulgence....and yet you bash a harmless old woman who died a pauper- and the words you used to do so- I see nothing but a nasty heart.

I appreciate the lady's efforts and respect her cause. I am an atheist and think we need more like her.

Are you ignoring the fact that children where tied to beds? gagged,denied pain meds when they were dying even though they were available. harmless? the others mentioned in this thread are not believed to be these selfless angel that she was. sorry just don't see it. im entitled to my opinion of her,and if you don't like my opinion that's more your problem than mine. but I challenge you to do a little research yourself into the conditions in her homes for the dying despite the 50 million dollars they had at their disposal.

did you not read the part where i said i actually met and saw her work ethics with my own eyes? no one was gagged, no one would stand for that anyways. Her work has been under scrutiny for decades. Dont you think she would be infamous for that kind of thing if it was true?Pain meds were always in severe shortage. Ive seen sisters who gave their own food to the hungry in their beds. Rest in your opinion, research and may it bring you much peace knowing you've cracked the ultimate mystery =)
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

well I bought into the myth to until I heard first hand accounts which led me to research the woman a little.

There are many listed in this thread that had very controversial lives and practices and you overlooked them. I mean, one person listed here surrounded himself with prepubescent boys and is highly suspected of pedophilia, some mention here wasted themselves through over indulgence....and yet you bash a harmless old woman who died a pauper- and the words you used to do so- I see nothing but a nasty heart.

I appreciate the lady's efforts and respect her cause. I am an atheist and think we need more like her.

Are you ignoring the fact that children were tied to beds? gagged,denied pain meds when they were dying even though they were available. harmless? the others mentioned in this thread are not believed to be these selfless angel that she was. sorry just don't see it. im entitled to my opinion of her,and if you don't like my opinion that's more your problem than mine. but I challenge you to do a little research yourself into the conditions in her homes for the dying despite the 50 million dollars they had at their disposal.

Ive wasted enough time on you.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Christopher Hitchens :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Herohorse
    Herohorse Posts: 108
    Options
    Brian Jacques - I loved his writing style!
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Freddy Mercury.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    No love for Corey Haim? He was one half of The Coreys! :sad:
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Are you ignoring the fact that children where tied to beds? gagged,denied pain meds when they were dying even though they were available. harmless? the others mentioned in this thread are not believed to be these selfless angel that she was. sorry just don't see it. im entitled to my opinion of her,and if you don't like my opinion that's more your problem than mine. but I challenge you to do a little research yourself into the conditions in her homes for the dying despite the 50 million dollars they had at their disposal.

did you not read the part where i said i actually met and saw her work ethics with my own eyes? no one was gagged, no one would stand for that anyways. Her work has been under scrutiny for decades. Dont you think she would be infamous for that kind of thing if it was true?Pain meds were always in severe shortage. Ive seen sisters who gave their own food to the hungry in their beds. Rest in your opinion, research and may it bring you much peace knowing you've cracked the ultimate mystery =)

Well the person sitting next to me has a whole different story to tell. But I'm leaving the topic now because she is in tears and that breaks my heart.
  • TakingControl13
    Options
    Heath Ledger & Whitney Houston
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've never been upset, but the ones that shocked me the most were Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez, Britney Murphy and Heath Ledger.

I was sad when Andy Hallett passed away, but he was sick.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Heath Ledger, Steve Irwin, Elvis, Patrick Swayze, and John Denver~ :sad:
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thuy Trang. Original Yellow Power Ranger.

yes! I wanted to be her!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    No love for Corey Haim? He was one half of The Coreys! :sad:

Me! I was going to post his name. :sad:
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options

I agree. I think everyone here has suffered enough from your unsolicited trolling. Back to the original thread. Nothing to see here...

How am I trolling because I think she wasn't the "saint" she's made out to be? Do a little research on the woman. Crap Angelina Jolie does more for the poor than she did.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people.[1]. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Sigh. Sucked in again. =( Back to ORIGINAL forum topic.

I miss Mr. Rogers. He would understand.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Have you been to India? Have you seen the suffering and horrible conditions? Have you seen people walk up to her crying for help? She walked with my dad one time and on their way she saw a man fallen in the gutter. Without even thinking she bent down and tried to pick him. She couldnt, so my dad lifted him up and took him back with her where she put him on a clean bed and got nurses to clean him feed him.... Im not Catholic...ive seen her work, first hand. ....this comment you wrote is truly poisonous. Have you tried helping people even a fraction of the way she tried?

I've helped people more. I don't belive suffering and pain and death are good things like her. The children strapped down to beds and gagged, the horrible conditions people faced in her homes. Please tell me how they are good things.she refused pain medication to dying people so they could be more like Jesus in their suffering.

Well I can certainly see that. At the young age of 36 I see you have helped a lot. However, I fail to understand how mocking somebody who have helped (admittedly fewer people than you while you worked in retail in Texas, playing on your iPhone, working out on the track) makes them a fraud? I mean I know you have lived a very tough life (what with the phone contract that you're having a hard time getting out of etc) but.. just try to imagine a woman helping out poor kids. That isn't too shabby in my humble opinion.

Unfortunately, public cannot nominate Noble prize nominations else I would nominate you for noble prize, Poison.

Hmmmm well let's see I run the meals on wheels in my town, spend every week at the soup kitchen. Donate half my paycheck EVERY week to a charity. Personally the person that drops change in the little jar at 711 does more good than a woman that belived people should suffer and is ok with dying children being strapped into beds. But hey it was India expect ions are different there right?:huh:

who is contesting you? I already agreed that you should be the next Noble prize winner for telling us all your fabulous achievement and repeatedly letting us know how much better you are than her. I mean, I'm sure you were modest and that in your childhood you walked to your school
    barefoot
    in 2 feet snow
    uphill
    BOTH ways

And I admit, I hadn't heard of Mother Teresa wishing children to suffer and wishing them dead. Good for those kids though. That you donate your time with meals on wheels and kitchen soup in Texas. I say they got all the help you did in Texas while they were in India. I only wished I could read where Mother Teresa said "Damn!! dem Indians sure make a lot of babies. I will disguise myself as a helper, convince the world I'm trying to save them but in reality, i'll be giving poison in the form of kool-aid. Dying Indian babies LOOOOVE kool-aid!". Can you source that (or something similar) for me please?

Oh and thank you for that spare change in 7/11. I'm sure at least 1% of it made it out of the store.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Patrick Swayze and Christopher Reeves
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mct68zuicD1r4iq8qo1_500.jpg
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Returning to add the name of one of the kindest musicians I have ever had the pleasure/honor of meeting....

Dimebag Darrell of Pantera. *RIP*

This one really stunned me too. I never got to meet him, but thought he was an amazing artist. Glad I got to see him with Pantera a couple times.
    Stunned... yeah... for him to be blatantly murdered in front of fans at a show is just horrible. Not only do I feel bad for his brother who saw it happen and his family... but all those fans at the show that saw that happen... they will have that event replay in their brains forever. So unfair, so surreal... and to such a good, good guy.... :\

(Edited for typo....)
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Lassie
    Bambis mother
    Simba s father, all very traumatic
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Mr. Rogers and John Ritter
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

^What an amazing event to have in your past. I'm not Catholic but she was one of the most amazing people in the world!

Princess Diana was tragic. Bernie Mac, Steve Irwin, Jack Klugman (my kids cried, they love the Odd Couple), Heath Ledger (I named one of my kids after his character in Patriot), Audry Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Mr Rogers and Captain Kangaroo, River Phoenix (because I was a kid and had a crush on him).