RANT: WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN?!?!

Options

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I get mean when people drunkenly delete me from their FL and then beg and plea for me to add them back.

Yep!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Why are you so whiny and yelly?

Because I just don't get it.

If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.

while i can understand that newbies think some of us snarky/sarcastic individuals are mean - sometimes we've gotten the same question... a LOT. and sometimes - when you've answered a question 10 million times, you get short about an answer, or you give a snarky joke instead.

and sometimes, a poster just gets butthurt for no reason and loses the ability to differentiate someone disagreeing with them, and someone being mean.

and some ppl are just d!cks.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I know you are too new to know the can of worms you have opened here but this never ends well.

The reason people are mean on the internet is because they have a large audience and they have no accountability.
    Also some things that are labeled as mean are actually just honest and people don't like straight shooters.

I have found this site to be very useful in helping me lose weight. There are way more good than bad. There are groups you can join where everyone is like minded which will help you avoid mean people. I would recommend joining one of those.

Or they do it cause they're trying to fit in to a specific peer group and be accepted by some people on this site... Posting pointless GIF are the "COOL" thing to do on MFP. IF you want to be "COOL" on MFP you need to snarky, sarcastic. Everyone does it, we all might as well be a bunch of followers.

funny-celebrity-pictures-woah-calm-down-you-are-full-on-mad-bro.jpg
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Should we give you :hugs: and rainbows and sunshine or would you prefer the truth with actual advice that will help you reach your goals?
    can i have hugs, rainbows and sunshine mixed in with the truth? LOL
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This topic title was just an opening for everyone to be more 'mean' to you. I will say what I say to everyone else that posts these kinds of things, Who Cares. I could care less when people on the internet say something rude. It's internet, it's to be expected.
  • nikkim19781
    nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I mean, I thought that this site was supposed to be about support and motivation. All I see are snarky/mean answers to everything on here.

It's disgusting..

Thought it was just me!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mp5v76PM4V1s14k4oo1_400.gif

Love this!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    We're starving, duh.

LMAO best answer ever!:)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Get better friends
  • CADreaming09
    Options
    tumblr_llhglhW0IF1qekszro1_500.gif

This is seriously disturbing:sad: :frown: :cry: :huh:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I know you are too new to know the can of worms you have opened here but this never ends well.

The reason people are mean on the internet is because they have a large audience and they have no accountability.
    Also some things that are labeled as mean are actually just honest and people don't like straight shooters.

I have found this site to be very useful in helping me lose weight. There are way more good than bad. There are groups you can join where everyone is like minded which will help you avoid mean people. I would recommend joining one of those.

Or they do it cause they're trying to fit in to a specific peer group and be accepted by some people on this site... Posting pointless GIF are the "COOL" thing to do on MFP. IF you want to be "COOL" on MFP you need to snarky, sarcastic. Everyone does it, we all might as well be a bunch of followers.

funny-celebrity-pictures-woah-calm-down-you-are-full-on-mad-bro.jpg

tumblr_mh76mxj2iz1qasjaoo1_500_zps96372d7b.gif
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it not only gets boring typing the same response over and over ad nauseum, but the non-snark response gets less attention from the OP, and that defeats the point in replying. Either no one notices the "Sorry, the Raspberry Keytone/Coffee Enema/Juice Fast/Fat Flush cleanse is at best a waste of money, don't do that," or you get called a MEAN PERSON for not understanding how EVERYONE'S BODY IS DIFFERENT and didn't get to have the fun of being at least a tad snarky in your first response. There's no motivation to spoon feed sprinkles to everyone.
  • CADreaming09
    Options
    We're starving, duh.

LMAO best answer ever!:)

This. HAHAHAHAHA!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I mean, I thought that this site was supposed to be about support and motivation. All I see are snarky/mean answers to everything on here.

It's disgusting..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWSDcmibWS6mcHBI9lnZzWYFl2jIA_ObhKZMiDOAaz-AesZkF-bw

:wink:

Awww. Byn. You didn't jus do that did you?
  • belle713
    belle713 Posts: 30
    Options
    This is my first post so I'll be nice. :flowerforyou:

However, I must warn you. I'm on day 3 of my new "low carb llifestyle" (trying to remove the word "diet" from my vocabulary.)

Someone mentioned popcorn on a reply and I swear, my mouth watered. Good grief. :grumble:

Anyway, people on the internet are mean for a variety of reasons. Either they feel brave hiding behind the anonymity of their monitors. Or they're hungry. Or they're just a bit anti-social...hence: the internet.

Or they could just be b*tches. Whatever the reason, I wouldn't let it bother you. It's their problem much more than yours.

(I hope that was nice enough)

Have a great day! :laugh:
  • chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There are alot of weight loss forums and weight loss subforums of other forums out there....if you don't like MFP's, then try one of them.
    The internet is too big to be sad because the people on one forum are not nice enough for you.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Dude! We're on a calorie counting website, how cool could anyone here be?
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Abandon_thread.gif
    Love This
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    actually I just read a study on this and it appears boredom is the number one culprit.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Someone pass the popcorn...

<passing popcorn>

Anybody got the Raisinets?
    Raisinets are bad for you...they turn straight to fat and go to the spot you can't reduce by exercising (even with a shake weight)...didn't you know this? :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.