Ladies: who is 200+ pounds?

Options

Replies

• RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    I am not 200 pounds....yet I clicked on this thread thinking it instantly described me. I am down to 186.6...but I guess I still have the mentality that I am back where I was. Just like I still head to the plus section in stores. Habit, I guess. I have been 200+ a majority of my adult life.
  • LucyMcd1
    LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Age - 18
    Height - 5 feet 6 in.
    I'm 229 and want to get down to 154 at the least
    If you want anyone can add me ^__^
  • coffeejen26
    Options
    Just sent a request
  • blabigaile
    Options
    I was over a year ago.
    5' 9"
    HW: 250
    SW:244
    CW:166.75
    GW:144-150

You all can do it, no matter what your scale or brain tell you. You are all strong ladies and I wish you all the very best of luck. It can happen! You just need to believe that you can do it. And never give up! :) I'm wishing you all the best and I know that you all will reach the goals you set for yourself. Don't forget to love yourself at the weight you are, because you are worth it!
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Age 27
    Height 5'9"
    Weight 220lb
    Ultimate GW 165-175lb

Anyone can add me :)
  • damajole
    damajole Posts: 11
    Options
    My picture will be up soon!
    And this is my first post! I'll get it together eventually.

Height: 5'8''
    SW: 262
    CW: 254
    GW: 165-170
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting Weight: 228
    CW: 222
    Goal: 150
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    {raises hand}
    Count me in too:
    Age 41
    Height 5'9"
    Starting weight 221
    Current weight unknown, I'm currently not allowed to get on a scale according to my RD and my trainer (I'll explain below)
    Goal weight undecided, ultimately I would like to get down to a size 12/14

I've done a lot of the not good for you diets (ie I went to places like LA Weight Loss, Results, ect) and I lost then gained back, then went to another place and lost, then gained back, my last round with a weight loss plan was in 2011 when I did the HCG diet through a doctor's office when I was at my highest weight, I lost 41 lbs, went to Weight Watchers to lose the rest (the HCG place wanted to put me back on it since I had started plateauing and I wasn't going to put myself through that again) gained back 10 lbs, joined a gym because I was losing motivation in my walking/jogging that I was doing, continued to gain, got frustrated and taked to one of the instructors at the gym, followed her to a different gym since the one I was at got bought out by LA Fitness who then fired all the instructors, and started training with her once a week, still gained. At last check of my weight I was up to 207, I will give in to my trainer and say at least 10 lbs of that is now muscle since I had been doing two days of Les Mills Combat, bellydancing once a week (plus any prep practicing for performances) training with her once a week, and getting in 1-2 days of walking and jogging.
    I broke one of my little toes in two places and sprained a tendon in the same toe (one good trip over a scratching post) in the winter of last year but kept going, except for the walking/jogging then, the past few months I developed a mysterious ankle injury (the doctor STILL doesn't know what was causing the swelling and pain) it seems to be getting better now. So my exercise is getting back on track (and now that the gym is $35 for unlimited classes I'm taking athletic conditioning twice a week and an additional combat class and waiting to see what else they add to the schedule, not quite back to the walking/jogging yet).
    Now food was still a problem, so went to a place to have my metabolism tested and went to a Registered Dietician (she's affiliated with a hospital) turns out I have a very high metabolism that is stuck in, for a lack of a better term, hibernation preparation (Ie it's hoarding everything it can in preparation for when I go on a diet again and it's starving) so RD said that I need to stop eating for weight loss (as in no low calorie diets!!!) and start eating for nutrition instead, she gave me a 1700/day calorie plan that tells me how many servings of each food group I can have per day and has a list of everything in that group that is okay for me to have, she said that I need to get used to eating this way so no tracking for a while (I still have to weigh and measure so I get the right proportions) because I get too obsessed with the number (ie I would freak out if I go over the 1700 by 10 cals and that could shift me back into starving myself, once I'm in a better frame of mind, I can start tracking again, maybe another month) and she and my trainer have both said that I can't look at a scale because I may continue to gain until my system realizes that I'm not going to starve it anymore and I would get upset by seeing the gain and give up or go back to my starvation diet ways
  • cclarkcts
    cclarkcts Posts: 97
    Options
    I need motivation/inspiration! This seems like the place for me...

SW: 232
    CW: 192.8
    GW:140
    Height: 5'3
  • elly610
    elly610 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need some friends. As of right now, I have none on here. I have been on the sidelines and reading the forums. Everyone here is so motivating. I need some support and motivation from others to help me thru my journey. Feel free to add me. :smile:

SW: 233
    CW: 227
    GW: 150

5'7"
    25 yrs old
  • crenee014
    crenee014 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'2
    CW:222
    GW: 175

Read forum's daily without tracking. Busy mom of two small children and im finding every excuse imaginable not to begin this journey! So over being unhealthy and overweight.... please add and help motivate me:)
  • thirtythreetogo
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to send friend requests to some of you too if that's okay! And feel free to add me too.

Height: 5'7

SW: 238lbs
    CW: 232 lbs
    GW: 165lbs (or thereabouts)

Target date: 30 June 2014 (my 40th birthday)

Kids: 2
    Dogs: 2
    Man: 1

I started this week so thrilled to be down 5lbs after the first week. I know it won't always go so smoothly...

I'm taking it gently enough to start off with - 30mins walking/jogging intervals 5 days a week with a kcal intake of around 1400 per day. I'm currently only hitting 3km in 30 mins. As the weight comes off I'm aiming for a sub 30 min 5km and then a sub-70 min 10km but I'm carrying an old knee injury so I'm happy to get there gradually. I'm also interested in lifting weights so anyone who's doing that let me know how you're getting on!
  • Tegan_89
    Tegan_89 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm happy for anyone to ad me. Just let me know how you found me in the add message :)

I usually weigh in kilos but here are my stats in pounds:

Height: 5'10"
    SW: 286 pounds
    CW: 206 pounds
    GW: 176

I'm trying to lose 1.5 pounds a week (or more!). My goal weight puts me at the top of my healthy weight range. I'm going to reevaluate after that and see if I'm happy with my body. I imagine I'll try to go a bit lower.

And wow. Just realised I've lost 80 pounds! It's taken me 7 months :)

So add me. I always welcome new friends. I have an open diary and love comments and status updates in my news feed :)
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you are. Add me.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    ::sigh:: Me. For way too long.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    SW: 311
    CW: 284
    Goal Weight: 180

Was all the way down to 246 and then broke my knee and hip. I hate injuries!
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yep, Hand raised here too!!
    SW :246
    CW: 211
    GW: 175
    Dream weight: 155 :-)
    Any other 200-200+ Goddesses feel free to add me too!
  • Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get under 200 lbs for years.

Name: Carol
    Weight: 245
    Height: 5'6

I get very little response from the "friends" in my group. Would like to add some new friends that actually give you encouragement.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    Can I still jump on the boat? lol Feel free to add me.

Name: Tasha
    Height 5' 5.5"
    Starting weight: 320
    Current weight: 295
    goal weight: 225 (for now, I'll be changing that when I reach it. lol)
  • sickofsize
    Options
    Me too ! Age 36, 207 pounds. Just started today. Been back and forth with Weight Watchers past year. lost 10 lbs there. Giving MFP a try, free, easy to use and similar program idea. Any advice?