So I have a workout plan. What do you think?

Options
I'm obviously eating very healthy and I'll have a cheat meal once a week only. The main thing I want to change about my body is maybe drop a little weight since I don't have much to lose. I plan to tone my thighs because their flappy and they have strech marks so I want them tight and I'll be toning my but too.

This is my workout for everyday,
Walk beyond a mile in my community every morning and the next day do Butt and Thigh workouts in my house. So for example this day go walking and the next day do my leg workout. Basically one day walk and the next the leg workouts.

What do you think? What's your honest opinion and of course eating healthy.
For my thigh stretch marks I'm applying coco butter so that's going to help.

Tomorrow I'm starting my leg workout in the morning for the first time and I'm excited. I've been walking everyday so far since Tuesday and I've been eating very healthy.:bigsmile:

Replies

• phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    exercise does not have the capacity to lose fat. and for sure does not allow you to target fat loss to a specific area..

you will need to reevaluate your goals. your current template is not adequate.

do you want to lose fat, or gain muscle? start there.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    The only way to "tone" your thighs is to lose fat over your whole body, thigh exercises won't help. Full body resistance training and a small, gradual caloric deficit is what you want.
  • ldilone13354
    ldilone13354 Posts: 125
    Options
    The only way to "tone" your thighs is to lose fat over your whole body, thigh exercises won't help. Full body resistance training and a small, gradual caloric deficit is what you want.

I think what Im doing is perfectly fine. I've lost weight before and it made my thighs even more flappy so your wrong. Walking tones your legs because your working your legs when your walking and me doing the exercises for my legs will work. I've spoken to people about my thighs and they say do squats or lunges which is exactly what I'll be doing. I'm exercising so I'm sure I'll get the legs I want. I'm also eating healthy and my caloric deficit is fine. Thanks for your opinion but I know what I'm doing,
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    exercise does not have the capacity to lose fat. and for sure does not allow you to target fat loss to a specific area..

you will need to reevaluate your goals. your current template is not adequate.

do you want to lose fat, or gain muscle? start there.

If exercise didn't lose fat then everybody would be fat and not skinny so your wrong, I'm not trying to lose weight in any certain area, I'm just trying to get fit and healthy. I've been on diets before so I know what I'm doing.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

I think what Im doing is perfectly fine. I've lost weight before and it made my thighs even more flappy so your wrong. Walking tones your legs because your working your legs when your walking and me doing the exercises for my legs will work. I've spoken to people about my thighs and they say do squats or lunges which is exactly what I'll be doing. I'm exercising so I'm sure I'll get the legs I want. I'm also eating healthy and my caloric deficit is fine. Thanks for your opinion but I know what I'm doing,

^^ You cant just post what you are going to do and ask people 'what do you think?' and then get defensive when someone gives you their honest opinion... btw, you cant get rid of stretch marks with cocoa butter, it is good for the skin but wont erase them.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

^^ You cant just post what you are going to do and ask people 'what do you think?' and then get defensive when someone gives you their honest opinion... btw, you cant get rid of stretch marks with cocoa butter, it is good for the skin but wont erase them.

I'm not getting defensive. I read what they said and I said thank you for your opinion. I'm not going to stop my workout just because somebody thinks a different way. And of course coco butter won't but I use one medically which is to fade them away.
  • adrianam1
    adrianam1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    so your asking for peoples opinion and then your telling them that they are wrong?? you shouldnt have asked the question then and continued what your doing if its working for you
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Don't you want to tone your arms or upper body at all? I understand that your areas of concern are primarily your legs, but you would benefit a lot from other compound exercises that will strengthen your core and upper body as well. And FYI, when I started 3 years ago, all I did was walking, running, and Kendra Wikinson's butt and thigh workout, and my thighs and butt nver tightened up until I started doing compound heavy lifting-- Just my experience!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Don't you want to tone your arms or upper body at all? I understand that your areas of concern are primarily your legs, but you would benefit a lot from other compound exercises that will strengthen your core and upper body as well. And FYI, when I started 3 years ago, all I did was walking, running, and Kendra Wikinson's butt and thigh workout, and my thighs and butt nver tightened up until I started doing compound heavy lifting-- Just my experience!

Of course I want to tone my arms that's why I'm speed walking everyday. :) To be honest I can't afford a gym to do heavy lifting so I think I'll stink to what I'm doing, everything is different for people.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    so your asking for peoples opinion and then your telling them that they are wrong?? you shouldnt have asked the question then and continued what your doing if its working for you

^^This^^
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options

Of course I want to tone my arms that's why I'm speed walking everyday. :) To be honest I can't afford a gym to do heavy lifting so I think I'll stink to what I'm doing, everything is different for people.

Well I think that what you are doing is a good place to start. But not having agym doesn't mean that you can't do a lot for your upper body!

When you are ready, look into "you are your own gym" (theres an app for it) It is all bodyweight exercises, no equipment required!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

If you think what you are doing is "perfectly fine" and are going to tell people who disagree with you that they are wrong, then why bother posting at all? You ASKED for opinions. If you don't really want them, why go through the trouble of asking?

Just keep doing what you are doing since it is quite obvious that you know better than any of the rest of us and won't change what you're doing anyway.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

Thank you! :)

Well I think that what you are doing is a good place to start. But not having agym doesn't mean that you can't do a lot for your upper body!

When you are ready, look into "you are your own gym" (theres an app for it) It is all bodyweight exercises, no equipment required!
  • ldilone13354
    Options

If you think what you are doing is "perfectly fine" and are going to tell people who disagree with you that they are wrong, then why bother posting at all? You ASKED for opinions. If you don't really want them, why go through the trouble of asking?

Just keep doing what you are doing since it is quite obvious that you know better than any of the rest of us and won't change what you're doing anyway.

I'm asking because I want to ask. It's not that serious for you to be giving me a lecture. I know.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You think that was a lecture? Thanks, I needed a good laugh. :laugh:

The point is, opinions were given as you asked, then you proceeded to tell them they were wrong. It's obvious you've already made up your mind which makes it silly to ask for other people's opinions.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options

The point is, opinions were given as you asked, then you proceeded to tell them they were wrong. It's obvious you've already made up your mind which makes it silly to ask for other people's opinions.

Did you change your profile picture before you answered this thread? Because I have to say, it is sooooo fitting :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love it!
  • adrianam1
    adrianam1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hahahahh!
  • ldilone13354
    Options

First of all its that even that serious for you to be telling me what I'm doing wrong. I read what they said and I said thank you for your opinion, I also have an opinion too and I can say what I want because its my topic that I posted. Just because somebody thinks differently of my workout doesn't mean I'm going to stop, I obviously saw and read what they said so obviously I know and if I think somebody is wrong I will point that out,
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

^^ That is exactly what I was thinking as well..
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    My honest opinion is that all exercise is good exercise :)

You may get more muscles in your thighs and legs, however unless you lose weight they will still be covered with a layer of fat. What kind of exercises for your legs and butt will you be doing?