Lol, just got defriended!

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The reason was because I drink diet soda and that I "advocate" it and that had I been her personal trainer, she would have fired me from reading it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I guess some people don't like to believe in science.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    You force it down your clients' throats, I bet. Right? Right?
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    How would you know? Do you get notified when someone deletes you as a friend?
    Some people keep a spreadsheet of their friends list, and track for deletions daily.
    Seriously???
    Very. Creepy, huh?

Two words come to mind....Stalker and Desperate.

Um.....he's joking sweetie
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    But I don't care, I like ice cream more than I liked them.

ice-cream-cones.jpg

HA! :laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda missing the point of hate towards OP. I thought the point of this thread was (admittedly in an odd way) talking about how silly the hate towards diet coke etc is.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    This thread needs some Ronnie Lott.

538015871_l.gif
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Some people keep a spreadsheet of their friends list, and track for deletions daily.
    Seriously???
    Very. Creepy, huh?

Sarcasm, some people just dont get it...

There's a giant sarchasm in these forums ...
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I remember my first time dropping a friend from here. She was like you, with one of those titles. I enjoyed her cause I got good info on trying to exercise (limited motion, arthritis in the knees, morton's neuroma, inability to lift more than one pound weights). So I rarely exercised. One day I spent about 4 hours in a cleaning spree, and worked pretty actively on it, sweated like a hog. Sweeping and mopping carpeting (no vacuum). I listed an hour of that time as exercise and she made fun of me. One of her friends joined in on the post and laughed at me, made remarks like I was an idiot. So I dropped her. and I told her before I dropped her, that she was a discredit to her title. OH I LOVE DIET COKE.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    The reason was because I drink diet soda and that I "advocate" it and that had I been her personal trainer, she would have fired me from reading it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
    You force it down your clients' throats, I bet. Right? Right?

That kind of action usually costs you double, Cotton
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    THIS is why I keep a closed diary. I like to keep my friends.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I rarely notice when someone defriends me. Normally it's some guy who has 2 female friends and messages me too much so his wife makes him delete me.

Or he gets pissed when I tell him to go to marriage counseling when he tries to pull the "My marriage is falling apart and I just need someone in a bikini to talk to about it" act*. Which happens way more often that you'd think.

*I'd like to clarify, in case any of my friends are reading, that none of you people on my list are in the above category, even if you have mentioned marital troubles to me or anything like that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.

this just got awkward!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.
    Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

IDEA Fitness member

Not a newbie, but thanks. If you just thought it was funny you may have maybe written a status about it or just chuckled to yourself. By putting it on the forums your looking for people to support you and a way of saying publicly to her "yeah, you're stupid". It screams butthurt. Most of us don't need to make a post on the forums after having a friend deletes us. Especially when they have as many friends as you have.

I drink it anyway, but fake sweeteners are full of some pretty nasty chemicals. Then again, I smoked for a while too. I give in easily to chemically vices. But there is a point to be made with the nastiness of aspartame, especially with its link to cancer. Perhaps not worth deleting a friend over, but some of us are bigger health nuts than others.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    No loss to you, probably dodged a bullet on that one. Unless you really want to be friends with that person. Then I suggest you send her a message letting her know that the Great Order of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Supreme Penguin, Invisible Pink Unicorn, and Spock have contacted you and you are now very aware that these types of fizzy drinks, even a single sip, can burn a hole through you and kill you. ^_^
    Her loss. I'm a wealth of information (standing on a platform with arms crossed in a herioc pose).

IDEA Fitness member
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    She probably got tired of seeing that stupid signature of your credentials all the time.

:laugh: :laugh:

Didn't you just start a thread yesterday disgusted about the "mean" people here.

How did you not realize that he was trolling in that thread??:laugh:

I'm not overly sure he was.... It was 50/50 to me. I also noticed that's like his 3rd username.

Well I knew right away... and he's not on my FL. He's one of the ones that gets accused of being mean... :laugh:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

But but but...did you point to your credentials you post on MFP and tell her you know what you're doing?????
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I've de-friended a few people - it went like this.

Me - "Hey, you really aren't eating enough calories (eating 300 calories, and was exercising 600 calories).
    Person - "Well it works for me, you should congratulate me because it's working. If you have negative comments please don't post on my neewsfeed."
    Me - "I think we should go our separate ways. You have issues with food, and need professional help, and I refuse to sit here and tell you good job when you are killing yourself."
    Person - "Well if it's working I'm not going to change it. You should just tell me good job, since it's obviously working for me"

ugh. People.

Did they ask you for your opinion?

If it was working for them, who are you to think you know better.

You did them a favour by defriending them because it seems to me it is you who has the issues not the person you are having a go about.

Yes, ugh. People eh.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Seriously???
    Very. Creepy, huh?
    Um.....he's joking sweetie
    I wish that I was. It really happened.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I rarely notice when someone defriends me. Normally it's some guy who has 2 female friends and messages me too much so his wife makes him delete me.

Or he gets pissed when I tell him to go to marriage counseling when he tries to pull the "My marriage is falling apart and I just need someone in a bikini to talk to about it" act*. Which happens way more often that you'd think.

*I'd like to clarify, in case any of my friends are reading, that none of you people on my list are in the above category, even if you have mentioned marital troubles to me or anything like that.

:laugh:

So many funnies on this thread...
  • alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    No need to be an a**hat......surprisingly enough, there are some really desperate and weird people on here, and it just didn't seem to be that way off.

Excuse me for not "getting it"
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hahaha
    tumblr_m6i04oks5j1roya1c.gif

LOL can't stop staring at this gif.