Lol, just got defriended!

Options

Replies

• tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    She probably got tired of seeing that stupid signature of your credentials all the time.

everytime i see them i always skim read it as IKEA fitness member, makes me chuckle
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    THIS is why I keep a closed diary. I like to keep my friends.

I do it in hopes they will all leave. Its the same reason I post random crazy nonsense on my wall... it doesn't seem to work too often. Except when it should.
    I'll never leave your list!!!!:heart:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Must. Be. Moar. Annoying!!! lmfao! Glad you're there. :happy:
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think I'll just bookmark this thread for the next "Why do people keep closed diaries?" thread that pops up.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What is the point of the thread?
    To mock one of your old "friends"
    To be able to post my crendentials.............what else?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

Here's another for good measure.

IDEA Fitness member

*pfft* And you people act like you know Ninerbuff! :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Someone has reading comprehension problems. I'm pretty he just called me newbie, hence he most likely didn't have me on his friends list. LOL.

But go figure the woman who started the "OH MAH GAHHHH I 50 SHADES" thread would have a little bit of trouble with the English language.

1. You really don't get my sense of humor even a little bit.

2. You were all over me yesterday for my being upset at people completely discrediting others' experiences with BC and weight loss (a valid and important subject) and today you're freaking out over this thread.

I may have reading comprehension issues, as you say, but I understand the literary tool called irony.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.
    Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

IDEA Fitness member

Not a newbie, but thanks. If you just thought it was funny you may have maybe written a status about it or just chuckled to yourself. By putting it on the forums your looking for people to support you and a way of saying publicly to her "yeah, you're stupid". It screams butthurt. Most of us don't need to make a post on the forums after having a friend deletes us. Especially when they have as many friends as you have.

I drink it anyway, but fake sweeteners are full of some pretty nasty chemicals. Then again, I smoked for a while too. I give in easily to chemically vices. But there is a point to be made with the nastiness of aspartame, especially with its link to cancer. Perhaps not worth deleting a friend over, but some of us are bigger health nuts than others.
    Obviously don't see the actual point of the thread. Thanks for playing though.

IDEA Fitness member

^^^This! What's your buzz Ninerbuff?! If it means nothing to you let it go. Did you think having people agree with you about diet coke or whatever would be some kind of affirmation that you're right and your former 'friend' is wrong?! Grow up man.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I've de-friended a few people - it went like this.

Me - "Hey, you really aren't eating enough calories (eating 300 calories, and was exercising 600 calories).
    Person - "Well it works for me, you should congratulate me because it's working. If you have negative comments please don't post on my neewsfeed."
    Me - "I think we should go our separate ways. You have issues with food, and need professional help, and I refuse to sit here and tell you good job when you are killing yourself."
    Person - "Well if it's working I'm not going to change it. You should just tell me good job, since it's obviously working for me"

ugh. People.

Did they ask you for your opinion?

If it was working for them, who are you to think you know better.

You did them a favour by defriending them because it seems to me it is you who has the issues not the person you are having a go about.

Yes, ugh. People eh.

Meh. If I have a friend who I know isn't eating enough and it's borderline ED, I'm going to say something. Having had an ED, I will never condone it. I've spoken up twice and ended up defriending both people. No one wants to stand by and watch a trainwreck.

What if they thought your own eating habits were no good for you, would you heed their opinions?

A trainwreck is how you would view it, however, what makes you think you are so right?

This is why my own diary is now private, some people are just too damn judgemental - and those that are, I wouldn't mind, but they are not even succeeding so why the hell would anybody take any notice of them.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    How would you know? Do you get notified when someone deletes you as a friend?
    Some people keep a spreadsheet of their friends list, and track for deletions daily.
    Seriously???
    Very. Creepy, huh?

Two words come to mind....Stalker and Desperate.

Sarcasm, some people just dont get it...

Shhh. Don't point it out. They may catch on and then there goes the entertainment value.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    LOL. A girl unfriended me because I told her that 1050 calories was too low, and that's why she was hungry. She was so worried about her "2000 calorie disaster day" and I told her that's what I eat every day, and I gave her a link to a TDEE calculator. LOL,1050 calories. "Why am I so hungry?"

Not surprised.
    How could you possibly know what is too low for her?
    I have a friend who's a 190 lb fitness model, he was at 1300 calories/day towards the end of his cut.
    TDEE calculators are notorious for being inaccurate, they're simply a starting point.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.
    Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

IDEA Fitness member

Not a newbie, but thanks. If you just thought it was funny you may have maybe written a status about it or just chuckled to yourself. By putting it on the forums your looking for people to support you and a way of saying publicly to her "yeah, you're stupid". It screams butthurt. Most of us don't need to make a post on the forums after having a friend deletes us. Especially when they have as many friends as you have.

I drink it anyway, but fake sweeteners are full of some pretty nasty chemicals. Then again, I smoked for a while too. I give in easily to chemically vices. But there is a point to be made with the nastiness of aspartame, especially with its link to cancer. Perhaps not worth deleting a friend over, but some of us are bigger health nuts than others.
    Obviously don't see the actual point of the thread. Thanks for playing though.

IDEA Fitness member

You know tap water actually has estrogen in it?
    Something tells me OP might be a habitual drinker.
    Only filtered brah. Although if there was still a lot of estrogen, I ****ing look good having it.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

This is a message board you know and really, if he wants to post about someone defriending no matter how trivial or stupid it is to you, let him do it.

Just like it is her right for her to post what she did.

Which is exactly why I did NOT tell her how stupid her comment was or that she shouldnt post it.

Yes, yes! I concur! We should post absolutely anything we want on the forum! Moderators? what moderators? Why are those here!? We should have people with serious ED problems posting their tips and tricks to how they don't eat more than 300 calories a day and people should totally be able to make threads devoted to what a skank some girl is! Yes, yes!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

:laugh:

I add sugar free Torani white chocolate syrup to my Coke Zero sometimes...just for the added poisony goodness. :drinker:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    She probably got tired of seeing that stupid signature of your credentials all the time.

:laugh: :laugh:

Didn't you just start a thread yesterday disgusted about the "mean" people here.

How did you not realize that he was trolling in that thread??:laugh:

I'm not overly sure he was.... It was 50/50 to me. I also noticed that's like his 3rd username.

2nd
    You're not that good at stalking.

:laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    THIS is why I keep a closed diary. I like to keep my friends.

Like we would ever quit you.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    sometimes people just aren't other people's thing.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I've de-friended a few people - it went like this.

Me - "Hey, you really aren't eating enough calories (eating 300 calories, and was exercising 600 calories).
    Person - "Well it works for me, you should congratulate me because it's working. If you have negative comments please don't post on my neewsfeed."
    Me - "I think we should go our separate ways. You have issues with food, and need professional help, and I refuse to sit here and tell you good job when you are killing yourself."
    Person - "Well if it's working I'm not going to change it. You should just tell me good job, since it's obviously working for me"

ugh. People.

Did they ask you for your opinion?

If it was working for them, who are you to think you know better.

You did them a favour by defriending them because it seems to me it is you who has the issues not the person you are having a go about.

Yes, ugh. People eh.

Meh. If I have a friend who I know isn't eating enough and it's borderline ED, I'm going to say something. Having had an ED, I will never condone it. I've spoken up twice and ended up defriending both people. No one wants to stand by and watch a trainwreck.

What if they thought your own eating habits were no good for you, would you heed their opinions?

A trainwreck is how you would view it, however, what makes you think you are so right?

This is why my own diary is now private, some people are just too damn judgemental - and those that are, I wouldn't mind, but they are not even succeeding so why the hell would anybody take any notice of them.

If a friend has a problem with my eating habits I'm more than happy to listen. That's why my diary is open whether I'm actively logging or not.

If I friend someone who admittedly is borderline ED (as stated in their profile or in a PM to me) and that person logs 300 calories and all his/her friends are saying "WTG" I'm going to jump in and say it's too low. If he/she doesn't like it, he/she can defriend me. If it continues, I can defriend. That's the beauty of the interwebs.

But, no. I'm not going to stand by and watch someone killing themselves.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    n
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I rarely notice when someone defriends me. Normally it's some guy who has 2 female friends and messages me too much so his wife makes him delete me.

Or he gets pissed when I tell him to go to marriage counseling when he tries to pull the "My marriage is falling apart and I just need someone in a bikini to talk to about it" act*. Which happens way more often that you'd think.

*I'd like to clarify, in case any of my friends are reading, that none of you people on my list are in the above category, even if you have mentioned marital troubles to me or anything like that.

Seriously. What marriage doesn't have trouble if you don't work at it.

I usually notice that I have lost a friend, and then can't figure out who it is.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    mmm....diet soda. I'd love a Diet Dr. Pepper right about now.

I'm drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper right now!

:drinker: