Lol, just got defriended!

Options

Replies

• Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    She probably got tired of seeing that stupid signature of your credentials all the time.

everytime i see them i always skim read it as IKEA fitness member, makes me chuckle

I thought that was just me. LOL
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    The reason was because I drink diet soda and that I "advocate" it and that had I been her personal trainer, she would have fired me from reading it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I guess some people don't like to believe in science.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I think maybe you look for trouble... I've seen your comments in other posts ... just saying :wink:
    I purposely have a giant pot and spoon for a reason!:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes! I concur! We should post absolutely anything we want on the forum! Moderators? what moderators? Why are those here!? We should have people with serious ED problems posting their tips and tricks to how they don't eat more than 300 calories a day and people should totally be able to make threads devoted to what a skank some girl is! Yes, yes!

I don't see where the OP insulted the woman that defriended him... anywhere in this thread.

And if you have such a huge problem with this thread, why haven't you reported it yet?

Instead, you continue to bicker with people in the thread so that it keeps getting bumped to the top of recent topics where it gets more exposure, and potentially perpetuating the drama.

And, I'm sure you will relish in throwing it back in my face because I've engaged with you, but the fact of the matter is, if somebody doesn't call you out, you may never realize how ignorant this behavior is.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.

This is a message board you know and really, if he wants to post about someone defriending no matter how trivial or stupid it is to you, let him do it.

Just like it is her right for her to post what she did.

Which is exactly why I did NOT tell her how stupid her comment was or that she shouldnt post it.

Yes, yes! I concur! We should post absolutely anything we want on the forum! Moderators? what moderators? Why are those here!? We should have people with serious ED problems posting their tips and tricks to how they don't eat more than 300 calories a day and people should totally be able to make threads devoted to what a skank some girl is! Yes, yes!

good gracious... You appear hangry.
  • pajouey79
    pajouey79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This thread needs "like" buttons. :bigsmile: I almost spit out my yogurt I was so amused.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    :love:

auto-diet-coke-bacon-303822.jpeg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It is too early for this nonsense.

And really, I have to ask, why post your credentials each and every time? That is some serious dedication.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This thread needs "like" buttons. :bigsmile: I almost spit out my yogurt I was so amused.

Ditto. And here I thought I'd be bored and have to actually do work while at work today. I'm so lucky to have stumbled into this one. Entertain me, dammit!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.
    Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

IDEA Fitness member

Not a newbie, but thanks. If you just thought it was funny you may have maybe written a status about it or just chuckled to yourself. By putting it on the forums your looking for people to support you and a way of saying publicly to her "yeah, you're stupid". It screams butthurt. Most of us don't need to make a post on the forums after having a friend deletes us. Especially when they have as many friends as you have.

I drink it anyway, but fake sweeteners are full of some pretty nasty chemicals. Then again, I smoked for a while too. I give in easily to chemically vices. But there is a point to be made with the nastiness of aspartame, especially with its link to cancer. Perhaps not worth deleting a friend over, but some of us are bigger health nuts than others.

Aspartame has links to cancer? That's not what the American Cancer Society says,

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/athome/aspartame
    Overall, the Panel concluded, on the basis of all the evidence currently available… that there is no indication of any genotoxic or carcinogenic potential of aspartame and that there is no reason to revise the previously established ADI for aspartame of 40 mg/kg [body weight].
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

IDEA Fitness member

Not a newbie, but thanks. If you just thought it was funny you may have maybe written a status about it or just chuckled to yourself. By putting it on the forums your looking for people to support you and a way of saying publicly to her "yeah, you're stupid". It screams butthurt. Most of us don't need to make a post on the forums after having a friend deletes us. Especially when they have as many friends as you have.

I drink it anyway, but fake sweeteners are full of some pretty nasty chemicals. Then again, I smoked for a while too. I give in easily to chemically vices. But there is a point to be made with the nastiness of aspartame, especially with its link to cancer. Perhaps not worth deleting a friend over, but some of us are bigger health nuts than others.
    Obviously don't see the actual point of the thread. Thanks for playing though.

IDEA Fitness member

What is the point of the thread?
    To mock one of your old "friends"

the same point you were trying to make through your thread yesterday
    tumblr_m86v1pbGsD1ryu3g1o1_250.gif
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Uhm....good for you? What exactly are you trying to say?

Cares a little more than should!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    :love:

auto-diet-coke-bacon-303822.jpeg

tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Ditto. And here I thought I'd be bored and have to actually do work while at work today. I'm so lucky to have stumbled into this one. Entertain me, dammit!

entertain.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif

I thought about posting that one. LOL! :laugh: :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    How would you know? Do you get notified when someone deletes you as a friend?
    Some people keep a spreadsheet of their friends list, and track for deletions daily.
    Seriously???
    Very. Creepy, huh?

Two words come to mind....Stalker and Desperate.

Um.....he's joking sweetie

I've got a friend who does this. Jof? Jof is that you?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Suprisingly, no one has defriended me because I am a Hitler teapot.

When I was a black woman dressed as a dalek for a day someone defriended me though.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I've de-friended a few people - it went like this.

Me - "Hey, you really aren't eating enough calories (eating 300 calories, and was exercising 600 calories).
    Person - "Well it works for me, you should congratulate me because it's working. If you have negative comments please don't post on my neewsfeed."
    Me - "I think we should go our separate ways. You have issues with food, and need professional help, and I refuse to sit here and tell you good job when you are killing yourself."
    Person - "Well if it's working I'm not going to change it. You should just tell me good job, since it's obviously working for me"

ugh. People.

Did they ask you for your opinion?

If it was working for them, who are you to think you know better.

You did them a favour by defriending them because it seems to me it is you who has the issues not the person you are having a go about.

Yes, ugh. People eh.

Meh. If I have a friend who I know isn't eating enough and it's borderline ED, I'm going to say something. Having had an ED, I will never condone it. I've spoken up twice and ended up defriending both people. No one wants to stand by and watch a trainwreck.

What if they thought your own eating habits were no good for you, would you heed their opinions?

A trainwreck is how you would view it, however, what makes you think you are so right?

This is why my own diary is now private, some people are just too damn judgemental - and those that are, I wouldn't mind, but they are not even succeeding so why the hell would anybody take any notice of them.

....are you stupid, or a troll?

I have actually been on MFP since 2010, this is my third name.

No, I am not stupid, nor a troll, I am just stating my opinion.

If you don't like that, don't read it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

LOL...I don't think he's butt hurt...I'm sure ninerbuff could give a rats *kitten*. Some of us are just amused by people notions of "healthy" or "unhealthy" because often they simply don't jive with science and reality.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I've de-friended a few people - it went like this.

Me - "Hey, you really aren't eating enough calories (eating 300 calories, and was exercising 600 calories).
    Person - "Well it works for me, you should congratulate me because it's working. If you have negative comments please don't post on my neewsfeed."
    Me - "I think we should go our separate ways. You have issues with food, and need professional help, and I refuse to sit here and tell you good job when you are killing yourself."
    Person - "Well if it's working I'm not going to change it. You should just tell me good job, since it's obviously working for me"

ugh. People.

Did they ask you for your opinion?

If it was working for them, who are you to think you know better.

You did them a favour by defriending them because it seems to me it is you who has the issues not the person you are having a go about.

Yes, ugh. People eh.

Meh. If I have a friend who I know isn't eating enough and it's borderline ED, I'm going to say something. Having had an ED, I will never condone it. I've spoken up twice and ended up defriending both people. No one wants to stand by and watch a trainwreck.

What if they thought your own eating habits were no good for you, would you heed their opinions?

A trainwreck is how you would view it, however, what makes you think you are so right?

This is why my own diary is now private, some people are just too damn judgemental - and those that are, I wouldn't mind, but they are not even succeeding so why the hell would anybody take any notice of them.

If a friend has a problem with my eating habits I'm more than happy to listen. That's why my diary is open whether I'm actively logging or not.

If I friend someone who admittedly is borderline ED (as stated in their profile or in a PM to me) and that person logs 300 calories and all his/her friends are saying "WTG" I'm going to jump in and say it's too low. If he/she doesn't like it, he/she can defriend me. If it continues, I can defriend. That's the beauty of the interwebs.

But, no. I'm not going to stand by and watch someone killing themselves.

Thank you. YES I've had an eating disorder, and I would expect my friends to be concerned about it and I have no problem having people tell me that. The main reason I said something to her was because she sent me a message saying "you never comment on my comments or my diary". So I did. I pointed out the issue - if they don't want to listen, then so be it. If they had been upfront with me about it then ok, I would be hoping for improvement over the weeks, not getting worse without the thought of professional help. You don't have to agree with me, but I did the right thing for me. I will not support an eating disorder when they are in complete denial. and I would expect a "friend" to do the same for me.

My diary is open for that reason - right now my food is low because I'm getting over an intestinal infection - some people have told me it's too low, but I plan on upping it once I feel better. We can't fix what we don't know is wrong. If you would rather hide your diary, please do so. I keep mine open for feedback and so my friends can point out issues for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    To make it simple for people who don't understand..............................the point of the thread was that I was defriended because someone disagreed.
    If having to agree on everything was the criteria to be friends, I'd doubt anyone in the world would be friends. Much less married.:laugh:

What I found humorous was that I was PM'd by this person to let me know. Had she not, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Oh and entertain the "regulars" on here with the "haters" responses. Great way to start of a fun day!

IDEA Fitness member