Lol, just got defriended!

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    all the name calling is why we can't haz nice things!!! Stop! Everybody lurv everybody!! :heart: :tongue:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It is too early for this nonsense.

And really, I have to ask, why post your credentials each and every time? That is some serious dedication.

It's a signature and automatically gets posted along with ur msg.You dont need to add it everytime:huh:

The ticker you don't have to post every time. But he does post his credentials every time.

They say he gives himself a mini-self-high-five every time he copies and pastes it. *orgasm noise*
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

And really, I have to ask, why post your credentials each and every time? That is some serious dedication.

It's a signature and automatically gets posted along with ur msg.You dont need to add it everytime:huh:

The ticker you don't have to post every time. But he does post his credentials every time.

It's so everyone can see he's a PT.
    Oh.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I guess some people don't like to believe in science.

Must be part of the tea party.. those people hate science and facts...

BOOM!!!!!

(couldn't help myself)

Obviously you live off others & watch a lot of TV.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Everyday, at least ten times a day, I wish MFP had like buttons... I would be like that crazy person on FB that goes around like everything. Threads like this are MADE for them.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

They say he gives himself a mini-self-high-five every time he copies and pastes it. *orgasm noise*

:laugh:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Thank you. YES I've had an eating disorder, and I would expect my friends to be concerned about it and I have no problem having people tell me that. The main reason I said something to her was because she sent me a message saying "you never comment on my comments or my diary". So I did. I pointed out the issue - if they don't want to listen, then so be it. If they had been upfront with me about it then ok, I would be hoping for improvement over the weeks, not getting worse without the thought of professional help. You don't have to agree with me, but I did the right thing for me. I will not support an eating disorder when they are in complete denial. and I would expect a "friend" to do the same for me.

My diary is open for that reason - right now my food is low because I'm getting over an intestinal infection - some people have told me it's too low, but I plan on upping it once I feel better. We can't fix what we don't know is wrong. If you would rather hide your diary, please do so. I keep mine open for feedback and so my friends can point out issues for me.

Exactly. I hope you feel better soon!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

If I friend someone who admittedly is borderline ED (as stated in their profile or in a PM to me) and that person logs 300 calories and all his/her friends are saying "WTG" I'm going to jump in and say it's too low. If he/she doesn't like it, he/she can defriend me. If it continues, I can defriend. That's the beauty of the interwebs.

But, no. I'm not going to stand by and watch someone killing themselves.

See I take an opposite approach. If I see someone who is not doing something healthy, I talk to them about it as well. I will not post kudos on something that I don't feel deserves it. However, if I feel like they are doing something dangerous, I am not going to just bail on them, and leave them alone with the people who will continue to support the unhealthy activities they are doing. I think that's the time when they need me the most.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

It's a signature and automatically gets posted along with ur msg i thnk :huh:

how? because the last time I asked someone they said it had to be pasted each time. if it doesn't have to be I want to know HOW becuase I want some stuff to automatically appear at the end of my posts too. PM me the instructions because I will probably have to re-read them three times and would not be able to ignore the forums long enough for that if you posted the instructions here. thanks in advance in case you read this and send it.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.
    Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

It must have bothered you if you felt the need to broadcast it.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes! I concur! We should post absolutely anything we want on the forum! Moderators? what moderators? Why are those here!? We should have people with serious ED problems posting their tips and tricks to how they don't eat more than 300 calories a day and people should totally be able to make threads devoted to what a skank some girl is! Yes, yes!

I don't see where the OP insulted the woman that defriended him... anywhere in this thread.

And if you have such a huge problem with this thread, why haven't you reported it yet?

Instead, you continue to bicker with people in the thread so that it keeps getting bumped to the top of recent topics where it gets more exposure, and potentially perpetuating the drama.

And, I'm sure you will relish in throwing it back in my face because I've engaged with you, but the fact of the matter is, if somebody doesn't call you out, you may never realize how ignorant this behavior is.

I haven't reported it because it isn't in violation of the rules of the forum.

The OP is just being a d*ck. But I suppose you're right. If someone's a d*ck they usually are unable to realize it and nothing changes even if you point out that they're being rude. It never really does solve much to argue on the forums. It's just a way to pass the time for most people.

I'm not going to relish anything or throw it back in your face. I really don't quite understand what it is you think I would throw in your face or what is ignorant about what I've said. Ignorant of what? No wait. Don't answer that. I would just be"throwing it in your face" after you engaged with me.

user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg

I'm just defending the OP's right to post whatever he wants within MFP's guidelines. Not exactly sure how defending someone who has been attacked for sharing something, no matter how pointless, is adding to the problem.

*side note - I'm highly unimpressed with this pot/kettle jpg. I've seen better! But thanks for participating random person that I wasn't talking to.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If I friend someone who admittedly is borderline ED (as stated in their profile or in a PM to me) and that person logs 300 calories and all his/her friends are saying "WTG" I'm going to jump in and say it's too low. If he/she doesn't like it, he/she can defriend me. If it continues, I can defriend. That's the beauty of the interwebs.

OMG, I had to re-read this a few times before I realized that ED stood for "eating disorder" and not "erectile dysfunction." That "WTG I'm going to jump in and say it's too low" part really threw me for a loop.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Since joining MFP whenever I see an erectile function medication commercial I immediately think ED= eating disorder-- and get very confused.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.

LOL...I don't think he's butt hurt...I'm sure ninerbuff could give a rats *kitten*. Some of us are just amused by people notions of "healthy" or "unhealthy" because often they simply don't jive with science and reality.
    Lol, are you kidding? I totally devastated! I think I'm gonna go eat me a McDonald's cheeseburger now..............................wait, I do that every Tuesday.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

It's a signature and automatically gets posted along with ur msg i thnk :huh:

Nope, it is not an auto sig. He manually pastes it each time. If I am being honest, I am a littke impressed that he remembers each time.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I find the OP mildly amusing but the butt hurt responses have me very entertained.

Someone defriended him over a diet soda and thought it significant enough to PM him over it. FFS. There are certainly less significant posts in Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games. Now off to read about who is humping, dumping or passing who . . .
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    mmm....diet soda. I'd love a Diet Dr. Pepper right about now.

Amen.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LOL! I've been DE-friended twice since my comeback :laugh: :laugh:

You de-friended me (prob because I was on a pregnancy hiatus and not around), but I forgive you man :tongue:

(snip)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options

LOL...I don't think he's butt hurt...I'm sure ninerbuff could give a rats *kitten*. Some of us are just amused by people notions of "healthy" or "unhealthy" because often they simply don't jive with science and reality.
    Lol, are you kidding? I totally devastated! I think I'm gonna go eat me a McDonald's cheeseburger now..............................wait, I do that every Tuesday.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

Ninerbuff, I am more interested in WHY some people are getting so uppity at your qualifications there........

Keep posting them, if people don't like it, so what LMAO
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

See I take an opposite approach. If I see someone who is not doing something healthy, I talk to them about it as well. I will not post kudos on something that I don't feel deserves it. However, if I feel like they are doing something dangerous, I am not going to just bail on them, and leave them alone with the people who will continue to support the unhealthy activities they are doing. I think that's the time when they need me the most.

Don't get me wrong, Ill be supportive up to a point. BUT, when times goes by, along with comments and PMs, and nothing is changing and the help you are trying to offer is clearly being ignored then it's time to make a choice. Having suffered from an ED for a long time many years ago, I know that there is only so much you can do. Everyone has their limit. Personally, for me, it's upsetting to stand by and watch it go down. When I hit my limit, it's time for me to go.