Lol, just got defriended!

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes! I concur! We should post absolutely anything we want on the forum! Moderators? what moderators? Why are those here!? We should have people with serious ED problems posting their tips and tricks to how they don't eat more than 300 calories a day and people should totally be able to make threads devoted to what a skank some girl is! Yes, yes!

I don't see where the OP insulted the woman that defriended him... anywhere in this thread.

And if you have such a huge problem with this thread, why haven't you reported it yet?

Instead, you continue to bicker with people in the thread so that it keeps getting bumped to the top of recent topics where it gets more exposure, and potentially perpetuating the drama.

And, I'm sure you will relish in throwing it back in my face because I've engaged with you, but the fact of the matter is, if somebody doesn't call you out, you may never realize how ignorant this behavior is.

I haven't reported it because it isn't in violation of the rules of the forum.

The OP is just being a d*ck. But I suppose you're right. If someone's a d*ck they usually are unable to realize it and nothing changes even if you point out that they're being rude. It never really does solve much to argue on the forums. It's just a way to pass the time for most people.

I'm not going to relish anything or throw it back in your face. I really don't quite understand what it is you think I would throw in your face or what is ignorant about what I've said. Ignorant of what? No wait. Don't answer that. I would just be"throwing it in your face" after you engaged with me.

I fail to see how being silly and entertaining makes it ok to start name calling, nor do I see how he's being a d*ck, as you stated...
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity... I drank a couple of full cane sugar Jones Sodas over the weekend. Will all of my friends be gone once they read this?

I'm going to Friend Request you, just so I can defriend you and PM you about it.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have been getting defriended a lot recently. Guess I am just not "cool" enough anymore *shrug*
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I fail to see how being silly and entertaining makes it ok to start name calling, nor do I see how he's being a d*ck, as you stated...

Because there was really no need to do a whole post on how someone PM'd him and defriended him over a different view on soda.

This would have been better left on his news feed. People are now bashing a person that they don't know, saying she's got a few screws loose and the like. That's kind of rude, no?
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure what made me laugh more... the food diary police, defriending people for soda sinning, or the thread drama that followed. either way, tyvm for the entertainment!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take a deep breathe and look at my post again.

Okay... I'm confused now... it must be lunch time! :embarassed:

It wasn't directed at you....actually, it was in support of the OP and even your own remarks.

Sorry you don't like my .gif. I wasn't going for an award or anything.

I sorry.

I saw a good one yesterday. It had like little cartoon faces and lit up.

I'm getting sensitive on this whole 'throwing stuff back in my face' thing. Perhaps it is time for a forum-break. :flowerforyou:
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    OMG, I had to re-read this a few times before I realized that ED stood for "eating disorder" and not "erectile dysfunction." That "WTG I'm going to jump in and say it's too low" part really threw me for a loop.
    [/quote/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Options

Because there was really no need to do a whole post on how someone PM'd him and defriended him over a different view on soda.

This would have been better left on his news feed. People are now bashing a person that they don't know, saying she's got a few screws loose and the like. That's kind of rude, no?

the responses, maybe. OP did not say she had screws loose. He was just playing around.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.
    Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

It must have bothered you if you felt the need to broadcast it.
    Nah, it bothers me when it bothers others more than it bothers me.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take a deep breathe and look at my post again.

Okay... I'm confused now... it must be lunch time! :embarassed:

It wasn't directed at you....actually, it was in support of the OP and even your own remarks.

Sorry you don't like my .gif. I wasn't going for an award or anything.

I sorry.

I saw a good one yesterday. It had like little cartoon faces and lit up.

I'm getting sensitive on this whole 'throwing stuff back in my face' thing. Perhaps it is time for a forum-break. :flowerforyou:

No harm no foul!

:drinker:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    index.php?PHPSESSID=edb6e070e9d086ad7f400b26f4737af4&action=dlattach;topic=19274.0;attach=30302;image
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

No one said anything about this person directly... that's the point.

This was a commentary on a certain type of mentality of MFP community users.

I'm really confused at why this is so offensive... and why some find it offensive... and why those that find it offensive continue to bring attention to this thread rather than reporting whatever posts they find offensive... oh that's right... because its not offensive. :huh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay even though I hate to contribute to this miserable thread this is the only place it seems fitting.

Does anyone else think that maybe when we click "female" on the MFP sign ups we should get an additional graphic under our ticker that indicates our PMS levels as red yellow and green stages. It can ask just like at the Dr's office when we started our last period, and then calculate for us when we might be most likely to experience higher or faster levels of butthurt?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    How this thread should have gone:

OP: i was just unfriended because I drink Diet Coke, etc

First Response: Hahahahaha

Second Response: That's weird, but maybe they had another reason.

Third Response: Yeah, second responder. That could be true. Oh well. We'll never know.

OP: Yeah. I just thought it was kind of funny. Okay, well, have a good day!

First, Second and Third Responders: You too! Bye!

The End

By Contrarian
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How this thread should have gone:

OP: i was just unfriended because I drink Diet Coke, etc

First Response: Hahahahaha

Second Response: That's weird, but maybe they had another reason.

Third Response: Yeah, second responder. That could be true. Oh well. We'll never know.

OP: Yeah. I just thought it was kind of funny. Okay, well, have a good day!

First, Second and Third Responders: You too! Bye!

The End

By Contrarian
    True story.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.

LOL...I don't think he's butt hurt...I'm sure ninerbuff could give a rats *kitten*. Some of us are just amused by people notions of "healthy" or "unhealthy" because often they simply don't jive with science and reality.
    Lol, are you kidding? I totally devastated! I think I'm gonna go eat me a McDonald's cheeseburger now..............................wait, I do that every Tuesday.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

Ninerbuff, I am more interested in WHY some people are getting so uppity at your qualifications there........

Keep posting them, if people don't like it, so what LMAO
    Lol, there have been people who have copied it and then put in their own credentials! That I find entertaining!

IDEA Fitness member
    Options
    for the record, Niner. diet coke is gross and now I may have to delete you for drinking that over regular coke. Are you too good for regular coke?? :laugh:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Suprisingly, no one has defriended me because I am a Hitler teapot.

When I was a black woman dressed as a dalek for a day someone defriended me though.

The teapot is creepy as f**k lol. :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay lemme try since noone has pm'd me signature instructions...

IDEA Fitness member

^like that? is that how you do it?
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

LOL...I don't think he's butt hurt...I'm sure ninerbuff could give a rats *kitten*. Some of us are just amused by people notions of "healthy" or "unhealthy" because often they simply don't jive with science and reality.
    Lol, are you kidding? I totally devastated! I think I'm gonna go eat me a McDonald's cheeseburger now..............................wait, I do that every Tuesday.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

Ninerbuff, I am more interested in WHY some people are getting so uppity at your qualifications there........

Keep posting them, if people don't like it, so what LMAO
    Lol, there have been people who have copied it and then put in their own credentials! That I find entertaining!

IDEA Fitness member

:noway:
    Kick their butts!!!