Lol, just got defriended!

Options

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    It is too early for this nonsense.

And really, I have to ask, why post your credentials each and every time? That is some serious dedication.

It's a signature and automatically gets posted along with ur msg i thnk :huh:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Time for some Jerry Rice
    tumblr_mg5hhzdyIu1renuivo1_500_zps8416b27f.gif \m/
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Suprisingly, no one has defriended me because I am a Hitler teapot.

When I was a black woman dressed as a dalek for a day someone defriended me though.

Did you see the Penney's billboard a while back with the tea kettle that looked like Hitler?
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    If I friend someone who admittedly is borderline ED (as stated in their profile or in a PM to me) and that person logs 300 calories and all his/her friends are saying "WTG" I'm going to jump in and say it's too low. If he/she doesn't like it, he/she can defriend me. If it continues, I can defriend. That's the beauty of the interwebs.

But, no. I'm not going to stand by and watch someone killing themselves.

OMG, I had to re-read this a few times before I realized that ED stood for "eating disorder" and not "erectile dysfunction." That "WTG I'm going to jump in and say it's too low" part really threw me for a loop.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Man, there are some seriously hungry and cranky people on this thread.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options

When I was a black woman dressed as a dalek for a day someone defriended me though.

i think hitler teapot is appropriate...?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I could add you and then defriend you if you like.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    People come and go all the time, you get to know who the good ones are that you want to stick with and have in your life, the others well they are not meant to be ????
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Lol poor TS is bitter.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    If I friend someone who admittedly is borderline ED (as stated in their profile or in a PM to me) and that person logs 300 calories and all his/her friends are saying "WTG" I'm going to jump in and say it's too low. If he/she doesn't like it, he/she can defriend me. If it continues, I can defriend. That's the beauty of the interwebs.

OMG, I had to re-read this a few times before I realized that ED stood for "eating disorder" and not "erectile dysfunction." That "WTG I'm going to jump in and say it's too low" part really threw me for a loop.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options

And really, I have to ask, why post your credentials each and every time? That is some serious dedication.
    It's easier to find my posts by friends who may want to see my input when they fast scroll. The **** just stands out right?:laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

It's a signature and automatically gets posted along with ur msg.You dont need to add it everytime:huh:

The ticker you don't have to post every time. But he does post his credentials every time.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I've de-friended a few people - it went like this.

Me - "Hey, you really aren't eating enough calories (eating 300 calories, and was exercising 600 calories).
    Person - "Well it works for me, you should congratulate me because it's working. If you have negative comments please don't post on my neewsfeed."
    Me - "I think we should go our separate ways. You have issues with food, and need professional help, and I refuse to sit here and tell you good job when you are killing yourself."
    Person - "Well if it's working I'm not going to change it. You should just tell me good job, since it's obviously working for me"

ugh. People.

Did they ask you for your opinion?

If it was working for them, who are you to think you know better.

You did them a favour by defriending them because it seems to me it is you who has the issues not the person you are having a go about.

Yes, ugh. People eh.

Meh. If I have a friend who I know isn't eating enough and it's borderline ED, I'm going to say something. Having had an ED, I will never condone it. I've spoken up twice and ended up defriending both people. No one wants to stand by and watch a trainwreck.

What if they thought your own eating habits were no good for you, would you heed their opinions?

A trainwreck is how you would view it, however, what makes you think you are so right?

This is why my own diary is now private, some people are just too damn judgemental - and those that are, I wouldn't mind, but they are not even succeeding so why the hell would anybody take any notice of them.

If a friend has a problem with my eating habits I'm more than happy to listen. That's why my diary is open whether I'm actively logging or not.

Thank you. YES I've had an eating disorder, and I would expect my friends to be concerned about it and I have no problem having people tell me that. The main reason I said something to her was because she sent me a message saying "you never comment on my comments or my diary". So I did. I pointed out the issue - if they don't want to listen, then so be it. If they had been upfront with me about it then ok, I would be hoping for improvement over the weeks, not getting worse without the thought of professional help. You don't have to agree with me, but I did the right thing for me. I will not support an eating disorder when they are in complete denial. and I would expect a "friend" to do the same for me.

My diary is open for that reason - right now my food is low because I'm getting over an intestinal infection - some people have told me it's too low, but I plan on upping it once I feel better. We can't fix what we don't know is wrong. If you would rather hide your diary, please do so. I keep mine open for feedback and so my friends can point out issues for me.

I have no issues if somebody has asked for opinions, however, some people have not and there is too much judgemental comments sometimes.

However, what you have just said, I can see where you are coming from x
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    so
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options

I think you just said what we were all thinking.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    This thread needs "like" buttons. :bigsmile: I almost spit out my yogurt I was so amused.

Ditto. And here I thought I'd be bored and have to actually do work while at work today. I'm so lucky to have stumbled into this one. Entertain me, dammit!
    Now ain't this better than "I can't eat 1200 calories"?

IDEA Fitness member
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

It's a signature and automatically gets posted along with ur msg.You dont need to add it everytime:huh:

The ticker you don't have to post every time. But he does post his credentials every time.

It's so everyone can see he's a PT.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Time for some Jerry Rice
    tumblr_mg5hhzdyIu1renuivo1_500_zps8416b27f.gif \m/
    GREATEST EVER! Even acknowledged as the NUMBER 1 player in NFL history by the NFL Network!!!
    Flash 80 baby!

IDEA Fitness member
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I haven't reported it because it isn't in violation of the rules of the forum.
    Then what exactly is bothering you about this thread. You made some sarcastic remarks earlier about posting whatever we want and not needing moderators so I was under the impression you felt like this thread needed moderation.
    The OP is just being a d*ck. But I suppose you're right. If someone's a d*ck they usually are unable to realize it and nothing changes even if you point out that they're being rude. It never really does solve much to argue on the forums. It's just a way to pass the time for most people.
    So let me get this straight. It's wrong for him to post a thread about this woman's reasons for deleting him, never once insult her for this action, but it's okay for you to insult him. :huh:
    I'm not going to relish anything or throw it back in your face. I really don't quite understand what it is you think I would throw in your face or what is ignorant about what I've said. Ignorant of what? No wait. Don't answer that. I would just be"throwing it in your face" after you engaged with me.
    Well sorry about the expectation of you throwing it back in my face, or trying to. That's usually what happens when I point out to people that they are not accomplishing anything by continuing to argue and are usually lending to the problem by keeping the topic bumped. The ignorance comes in when people don't realize that they ARE lending to the problem.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes! I concur! We should post absolutely anything we want on the forum! Moderators? what moderators? Why are those here!? We should have people with serious ED problems posting their tips and tricks to how they don't eat more than 300 calories a day and people should totally be able to make threads devoted to what a skank some girl is! Yes, yes!

I don't see where the OP insulted the woman that defriended him... anywhere in this thread.

And if you have such a huge problem with this thread, why haven't you reported it yet?

Instead, you continue to bicker with people in the thread so that it keeps getting bumped to the top of recent topics where it gets more exposure, and potentially perpetuating the drama.

And, I'm sure you will relish in throwing it back in my face because I've engaged with you, but the fact of the matter is, if somebody doesn't call you out, you may never realize how ignorant this behavior is.

I haven't reported it because it isn't in violation of the rules of the forum.

The OP is just being a d*ck. But I suppose you're right. If someone's a d*ck they usually are unable to realize it and nothing changes even if you point out that they're being rude. It never really does solve much to argue on the forums. It's just a way to pass the time for most people.

I'm not going to relish anything or throw it back in your face. I really don't quite understand what it is you think I would throw in your face or what is ignorant about what I've said. Ignorant of what? No wait. Don't answer that. I would just be"throwing it in your face" after you engaged with me.

user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg