Lol, just got defriended!

Options

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    How would you know? Do you get notified when someone deletes you as a friend?
    Some people keep a spreadsheet of their friends list, and track for deletions daily.

Are you serious? That is absolutely ALMOST the craziest thing I have ever heard. Creepy. Pathetic.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I've de-friended a few people - it went like this.

Me - "Hey, you really aren't eating enough calories (eating 300 calories, and was exercising 600 calories).
    Person - "Well it works for me, you should congratulate me because it's working. If you have negative comments please don't post on my neewsfeed."
    Me - "I think we should go our separate ways. You have issues with food, and need professional help, and I refuse to sit here and tell you good job when you are killing yourself."
    Person - "Well if it's working I'm not going to change it. You should just tell me good job, since it's obviously working for me"

ugh. People.

Did they ask you for your opinion?

If it was working for them, who are you to think you know better.

You did them a favour by defriending them because it seems to me it is you who has the issues not the person you are having a go about.

Yes, ugh. People eh.

Meh. If I have a friend who I know isn't eating enough and it's borderline ED, I'm going to say something. Having had an ED, I will never condone it. I've spoken up twice and ended up defriending both people. No one wants to stand by and watch a trainwreck.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    How 'bout some Steve Young?

441775_o.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    This thread needs some Ronnie Lott.

538015871_l.gif
    BOOM!!!! One of the best players ever! That's how you lay the smack down!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Uhm....good for you? What exactly are you trying to say?
    Nothing.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

;p
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.

I full agree with you right to the point of they pm'd them to say they'd have fired them, pop, etc. If you don't want drama you just defriend someone and move on. If you're seeking drama you defriend them and pm them with rude comments... then well, yeah... why would they complain about you moving it to the forums?
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    No need to be an a**hat......surprisingly enough, there are some really desperate and weird people on here, and it just didn't seem to be that way off.

Excuse me for not "getting it"
    You did indeed "get it". It really happened. This person had a tracking system for the friends list.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    She probably got tired of seeing that stupid signature of your credentials all the time.

:laugh: :laugh:

Didn't you just start a thread yesterday disgusted about the "mean" people here.

How did you not realize that he was trolling in that thread??:laugh:

I'm not overly sure he was.... It was 50/50 to me. I also noticed that's like his 3rd username.

2nd
    You're not that good at stalking.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love diet coke or diet pepsi. It gives me the satisfaction of soda minus the calories. As bad as they may be, I think I'll be OK.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Are you bored or do you just want a good outlet to b*tch about your feelings getting hurt?

We all have different views, senses of humor, etc. I generally advocate tolerance but if someone doesn't fit yours they have a right to unfriend you without you getting butthurt and posting about it on the forums.

This is a message board you know and really, if he wants to post about someone defriending no matter how trivial or stupid it is to you, let him do it.
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    Drinking Diet Dew as I'm reading this.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    The reason was because I drink diet soda and that I "advocate" it and that had I been her personal trainer, she would have fired me from reading it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I guess some people don't like to believe in science.

IDEA Fitness member

RunnerRunner, Is that you?
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    Some people keep a spreadsheet of their friends list, and track for deletions daily.
    Are you serious? That is absolutely ALMOST the craziest thing I have ever heard. Creepy. Pathetic.
    100% serious.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mh3t9tBMQ41qm135p_zps95574ce1.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options

Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

IDEA Fitness member

Not a newbie, but thanks. If you just thought it was funny you may have maybe written a status about it or just chuckled to yourself. By putting it on the forums your looking for people to support you and a way of saying publicly to her "yeah, you're stupid". It screams butthurt. Most of us don't need to make a post on the forums after having a friend deletes us. Especially when they have as many friends as you have.

I drink it anyway, but fake sweeteners are full of some pretty nasty chemicals. Then again, I smoked for a while too. I give in easily to chemically vices. But there is a point to be made with the nastiness of aspartame, especially with its link to cancer. Perhaps not worth deleting a friend over, but some of us are bigger health nuts than others.
    Obviously don't see the actual point of the thread. Thanks for playing though.

IDEA Fitness member
  • alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    No need to be an a**hat......surprisingly enough, there are some really desperate and weird people on here, and it just didn't seem to be that way off.

Excuse me for not "getting it"
    You did indeed "get it". It really happened. This person had a tracking system for the friends list.

Ahhhh vindication!!! LOVE IT
  • TyTy76
    Options

This is a message board you know and really, if he wants to post about someone defriending no matter how trivial or stupid it is to you, let him do it.

Just like it is her right for her to post what she did.
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Seriously?!? They need to get a life!
  • TyTy76
    Options

Butthurt? I just found it funny.:laugh: Welcome the forums newbie.

IDEA Fitness member

Not a newbie, but thanks. If you just thought it was funny you may have maybe written a status about it or just chuckled to yourself. By putting it on the forums your looking for people to support you and a way of saying publicly to her "yeah, you're stupid". It screams butthurt. Most of us don't need to make a post on the forums after having a friend deletes us. Especially when they have as many friends as you have.

I drink it anyway, but fake sweeteners are full of some pretty nasty chemicals. Then again, I smoked for a while too. I give in easily to chemically vices. But there is a point to be made with the nastiness of aspartame, especially with its link to cancer. Perhaps not worth deleting a friend over, but some of us are bigger health nuts than others.
    Obviously don't see the actual point of the thread. Thanks for playing though.

IDEA Fitness member

What is the point of the thread?
    To mock one of your old "friends"
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    THIS is why I keep a closed diary. I like to keep my friends.

I do it in hopes they will all leave. Its the same reason I post random crazy nonsense on my wall... it doesn't seem to work too often. Except when it should.