SABOTAGED BY COWORKER!

Options

Replies

• sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    my office does bagels EVERY thursday and then they do pizza days, icecream days, doughnut days, candy all over the place, we even had a cupcake day lol
  • angied1226
    angied1226 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So you told her that you were trying to get healthy;
    she organized a party with healthy foods
    & now you're mad because the foods brought weren't the kinds that you wanted?

That co-worker is a good friend. She was trying to support you by getting everyone to rally around & support your goals in a fun way.
    When I told some of my friends I'm eating healthier I get attitude or they invite me to bbq's and dinners where all they do is pig out.

I was wholly expecting you to say "I told my co-worker I was getting healthier & she injected all of my celery sticks with butter".

THIS!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I TOLD my coworker that I'm trying to get in shape and then she organizes food parties in the office. I'm so angry. I know she is trying to sabotage me! She organized a juice party today and made everyone bring in fruits and veggies. That's nothing but carbs and sugars!!!! I had to bring in a lunch with some protein just so I could hit my macros!

and the problem with carbs is?
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'll trade my co-workers for your co-workers? How about it? Mine bring donuts every blankin day
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    crap. I have to go buy some high sugar crappy apples with NO PROTEIN now :(
    No. You. Don't.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I TOLD my coworker that I'm trying to get in shape and then she organizes food parties in the office. I'm so angry. I know she is trying to sabotage me! She organized a juice party today and made everyone bring in fruits and veggies. That's nothing but carbs and sugars!!!!! I had to bring in a lunch with some protein just so I could hit my macros!

What's an orker and exactly what are these orkers doing to cows?
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The original post was funny... but reading through all the responses had my sides hurting...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Oh look another sign up email..... DELETE....

I don't participate in most of those at my work, after a few of them they get the hint you are not interested

in my profession, it is important to maintain certain levels of civility among everyone. And my office is small. It would be noted if I failed to participate.

I second the idea that I need to bring meat next time.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    my office does bagels EVERY thursday and then they do pizza days, icecream days, doughnut days, candy all over the place, we even had a cupcake day lol

pizza and ice cream at least Fit my macros!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I TOLD my coworker that I'm trying to get in shape and then she organizes food parties in the office. I'm so angry. I know she is trying to sabotage me! She organized a juice party today and made everyone bring in fruits and veggies. That's nothing but carbs and sugars!!!!! I had to bring in a lunch with some protein just so I could hit my macros!

I say we go burn her house down! WHO'S WITH ME?!

thank you for being supportive and understanding that this is really sabotage.

I can't believe how mean so many people have been to me here! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything. This is a place for support!!!! What is it with all the bullies here?????
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options

MADE Everyone bring in stuff? How? I don't get it.

She uses HIGH PRESSURE tactics! Sign up sheets that she constantly sends around in mass emails with names of who signed up saying "IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP TO BRING IN FRUIT, PLEASE DO BY SUCH AND SUCH A DATE"...so then everyone sees I'm the only person who hasn't signed up...

Just buy some apples and cut them up, then load up with crunchy peanut butter or cashew butter. Protein problem solved. Just watch the fat in the PB...
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

She uses HIGH PRESSURE tactics! Sign up sheets that she constantly sends around in mass emails with names of who signed up saying "IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP TO BRING IN FRUIT, PLEASE DO BY SUCH AND SUCH A DATE"...so then everyone sees I'm the only person who hasn't signed up...

LOL - not sure how sarcastic you are going for here....but that sh&t is the truth! They did the like friggin' 3rd party in a 2 month span a couple weeks ago and I decided I was NOT going to buy/bring anything and told my own team this - they were all fine and understoodd. (at least to my face they were...ya never know) Then a few days go by and someone from another team walks up to my desk with that stupid sign-up sheet and was all "here ya go, here is the sign up sheet, I think you are the only one who hasn't signed up yet, hard to decide isn't it?" I "politely" said, um, nope, cuz I am not particpating. The look on her face was one of utter horror and shock! Bahahaha! I might as well have walked around with a scarlett letter of 'P' for Party Pooper the rest of the day!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Eat ALLLLLL the foodz!!!!!!!!!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

LOL - not sure how sarcastic you are going for here....but that sh&t is the truth! They did the like friggin' 3rd party in a 2 month span a couple weeks ago and I decided I was NOT going to buy/bring anything and told my own team this - they were all fine and understoodd. (at least to my face they were...ya never know) Then a few days go by and someone from another team walks up to my desk with that stupid sign-up sheet and was all "here ya go, here is the sign up sheet, I think you are the only one who hasn't signed up yet, hard to decide isn't it?" I "politely" said, um, nope, cuz I am not particpating. The look on her face was one of utter horror and shock! Bahahaha! I might as well have walked around with a scarlett letter of 'P' for Party Pooper the rest of the day!

Fer reals.

The juicer is going and it is loud but people come to my office to inform me that the juice party is happening and I should come... as if I can't hear it. My office is like three steps from the kitchen!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Being in a can of olives and start a huge fight about whether they are a fruit or a vegetable.

Fruit. Olives are the fruit of the Olea Europea Tree.

Case closed.:bigsmile:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    OP Wrote: Fer reals.The juicer is going and it is loud but people come to my office to inform me that the juice party is happening and I should come... as if I can't hear it. My office is like three steps from the kitchen!
    [/quote]

I wrote: Smile really BIG at them and say NO THANK YOU! YOU ALL ENJOY YOURSELVES!!!

I personally wouldn't join just cuz am not a "juicer"....I'm a Whole Fruit Vitamix kinda girl PLUS I just really don't like to hang with workpeople I could give a snot about.

(edited....something happened to the quotes, musta got sucked up in that juicer)
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options

I like being the person who doesn't participate in the office whatever happens to be going on.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Oh look another sign up email..... DELETE....

I don't participate in most of those at my work, after a few of them they get the hint you are not interested

in my profession, it is important to maintain certain levels of civility among everyone. And my office is small. It would be noted if I failed to participate.

I second the idea that I need to bring meat next time.

I agree bring meat. Meat whistle or tube steak would go over good! I those can't be rustled up...bring spam.
  • ChelseaTheRedHead
    Options
    If this is sarcasm, it's really bad and not so funny sarcasm. Like. Pretty lame.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

pssssssssssst! you left a label on your pants. just trying to save you from an awkward fashion faux pas.
    you're welcome.