Easy breakfast that sticks with you?

Options

Replies

• Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have to have protein in the morning or I'm hungry in a few hours. Egg cups (Hungry Girl) or greek yogurt and a Luna Bar.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I loved reading through everyone's breakfast ideas- it will expand my morning choices! Here are my three typical breakfast choices:

1. Oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in and some fruit (usually blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries)
    2. Stonyfield plain yogurt with peanut butter, some kind of preserve, peanuts, raspberries, and blackberries
    3. Cereal (usually some type of cheerios)

:)
  • beccalabgal
    beccalabgal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    five minutes

after chopping 1 slice of bacon, half a mushroom and frying in a bit of butter and pouring 2 eggs mixed with a teaspoon of fibre over it ... its on the plate and a bit of grated cheese on top its ready to eat....
  • clairesmc
    clairesmc Posts: 1
    Options
    That sounds really easy. I will try that tomorrow. I think i willnstick to eating my hard boiled egg and then just mis a half a banana with the oatmeal. Thanks!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    3-4 egg whites sautee any cup of veges like green peppers and asparagus a piece of cheese
  • ddhdml
    ddhdml Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much about the sugar. I think it should calculate sugar you get from fruits and veggies separately from refined sugar
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Those all look tasty...but don't they give you too much sugar? I'm having the HARDEST time keeping my sugar down, and I don't even eat a ton...mostly fruits and such.

I've been going with broccoli (at least a cup), onions and peppers...scramble in an egg and a tablespoon of shredded cheddar, serve it up with half a slice of whole wheat or one Kashi whole wheat waffle (no butter or syrup--oh, how I miss butter).

unless you have a medical issue with high sugar levels, i wouldn't stress your sugars as long as they're coming from fruits. I'm always over on my sugars because i have fruit smoothies and parfaits a lot.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I usually eat heaviest cals in my bfast ..
    a Tbsp Almond butter, 2/3 C frozen peaches,
    light laughing cow, black coffee and sometimes
    1 hard boiled egg and/or additional svg fruit.
  • jenjen828
    jenjen828 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    3/4 C Kashi Go Lean mix in: Dannon Light & Fit, 1/4 C frozen raspberries, 1 TBL sliced almonds. 250 Calories ... 16.8 gms protein, 10.5 gms fiber, 4.6 gms good fat ..... keeps me full until lunch

That sounds really good!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    One cup of Special K toast and PB and a coffee lasts till lunch time
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Usually a green smoothie or eggs and veggies. Or both. Basically anything high in protein. When I was a kid, my mom used to give me oatmeal for breakfast and tell me that it "sticks to your ribs" (whatever that means) and then four hours later when I was hungry again, she would tell me that I shouldn't be hungry because of the oatmeal. I never did understand her logic or why oatmeal supposedly keeps one full for longer...
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I skip it. If I eat I get hungry.
  • marniekerr
    marniekerr Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1 cup of multigrain Cheerios with 1/2 cup of 1% milk, 1/2 cup of mixed berries, which always includes raspberries - they are an awesome fat burner, and a green tea. Keeps me going for 4 - 5 hours no problem.
  • aprilsibley
    aprilsibley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas! Thanks guys!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have to have my 3 scrambled eggs every morning. Sometimes with green peppers, onions and/or broccoli mixed in. Sometimes with 1/2 cup of oatmeal on the side. But always my 3 eggs :)
  • Jlbland123
    Jlbland123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mandles82
    mandles82 Posts: 31
    Options
    so many great and yummy ideas :D
  • nina8611
    nina8611 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/4 cup of Fiber One bran with a Danon Vanilla Greek Yogurt-very healthy & filling!
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    BEST BREAKFAST EVER, HANDS DOWN:

6 egg whites as an omlette with salt+herbs (100ish calories, 18g protein!)
    2 slices multigrain toast (150cal) spread with pesto (60cal) and tomato slices (20cal)
    COFFEE.

I'm a major breakfast lover and this is a huge, filling, protein-rich breakfast that perfectly fuels a workout, for under 350 calories.