I am going to GIVE UP like everyone else says

Options

Replies

• tanyadolan1
    tanyadolan1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would not worry too much about going over your calories as it happens to everyone. All you need to do is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go RIGHT...Tomorrow is another day and I am determined to conquer this. The last few pounds are always the hardest to get rid of. They will drop off with hard work and determination. We are all here to help you along and inspire you.

Feel free to add me if you so wish
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I feel like a total failure. I think i may just give up.

Give up what?
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Its ok to splurge a little every once in a while, this by no means makes you to be a failure!! Dont be so hard on yourself, today is new day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    0/10.

would not read again.

ETA: for anyone who wonders if OP is serious, see following gif:

tumblr_li2igbJxza1qchodeo1_250.gif

ETA2: more of OP's work this morning can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1035336-assistance-please
  • jennorris1991
    jennorris1991 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Come on! Don't give up so easily, like you said you only have 2 pounds to go. We all falter occasionally, what makes you strong is picking yourself up and getting back on the wagon not just giving up at the first sign of difficulty! It is upsetting when you go over, just log and move on.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I think i will be OK. Just got to get back on track you know. I really, really screwed up but i can still do this. Thanks.

no..just leave mfp instead.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I feel like a total failure. I think i may just give up. I have had so much success overall but i just can't do it anymore. I had a M&M Halloween pack. I was doing so good!!! I avoided candy for like 14 months i think. I just feel like i should quit. I was unable to resist and for the first time i went over my 1200 calorie goal. I look at myself and i see a weakling. Someone that has no self-control anymore. Someone that will never make my goal weight. I only had 2 pounds to go but now who knows. After my failure today i just don't think i will ever make it. Not anymore. I just wish i had more self-control.

I see all these guys that are big like me staying within their goals each day and now i feel like an outsider. Seeing that number be red really hurts at my core. I was hoping i would be strong enough to do this but know i just don't know. Most days i don't even know what to eat to get to my 1200 calorie limit but today i was over by 36. I am such a complete failure.

:cry:

Hmmmmm, I sense a little sarcasm.
    Yep just quit because you obviously have bigger problems then losing 2 more pounds.
    For those of you that took this seriously, WOW! You apparently need some positive friends.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I wasted my time reading this thread.

OP, if you're not trolling us, please seriously consider professional help. If the number 36 is enough to scare you that much, you have bigger problems than weight loss.

On a serious note, do some JUMPING JACKS if you "binge" on A SNACK SIZE bag of M&Ms. Boom, your 36 calories are gone. Jeez.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I think i will be OK. Just got to get back on track you know. I really, really screwed up but i can still do this. Thanks.

This^
  • jaxann99
    jaxann99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about? You are a champ! You have maintained no candy for 14 months, you are a true winner!! We all have a few weak days. Now that we have that behind us. You keep going, you only have two pounds to go! You have lost over 30lbs you keep going. You should be so proud of yourself!!! Now today do an extra 15 minutes of exercise and you will feel better about your choices. No time to quit now you are a true sucess!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    QFT. If this is an indication of what the message boards are going to look like today, then I am outta here.

R6qrD.gif
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This thread is a comedy goldmine. I laughed all the way through the OP but the replies from the people who only read that, didn't realize it is a joke post then obviously skipped the other posts and are still giving heartfelt advice and encouragement 4 pages later are even more hilarious. Well played, OP.

LaughingPrice.gif

8UuPv.gif
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Phil-Dunphy.gif
  • muaylex
    muaylex Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What? You have done so great! You have lost 32 lbs!!! Don't beat yourself up!
  • esmaffa
    esmaffa Posts: 1
    Options
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. So you had some candy; if you enjoyed it, don't beat yourself up for it, just say, ok I had that, it tasted good but I'm ready to move on. Today's a new day; get back in the groove and keep going. You're within sight of your ultimate goal - go for it and LIKE yourself for who you are! You're a successful person who is making a difference in their health and well-being.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    When you give up, you just hurt yourself and no one else. Please don't.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I feel like a total failure. I think i may just give up. I have had so much success overall but i just can't do it anymore. I had a M&M Halloween pack. I was doing so good!!! I avoided candy for like 14 months i think. I just feel like i should quit. I was unable to resist and for the first time i went over my 1200 calorie goal. I look at myself and i see a weakling. Someone that has no self-control anymore. Someone that will never make my goal weight. I only had 2 pounds to go but now who knows. After my failure today i just don't think i will ever make it. Not anymore. I just wish i had more self-control.

I see all these guys that are big like me staying within their goals each day and now i feel like an outsider. Seeing that number be red really hurts at my core. I was hoping i would be strong enough to do this but know i just don't know. Most days i don't even know what to eat to get to my 1200 calorie limit but today i was over by 36. I am such a complete failure.

:cry:

you ate a whole bag of MM's and you were only 36 calories over your goal for the day? Ummm is that all you ate?

You don't know what to eat to get to 1200? I have 1200 for dinner sometimes. How about a steak and some roasted potatoes...

two things here..

1. This is a BS troll thread
    2. you have an eating disorder and should seek help...

thats all I got...

Agreed. Total BS. "OH no I have to stop now! I went 56 cals over!!!" Stop. You can run around in circles for like 5 minutes & burn 56 cals. smh.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    and an M&M candy pack? Come on... I have a cheat meal 1-2 times a week. You shouldn't be that strict. This is why diets don't work. You need to have a permanent lifestyle change and indulge every now and again. My cheat once a week is a burger and fries and I have abs!
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is not about self control. It is about picking yourself up and moving forward every time you have a perceived failure!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    This thread is a comedy goldmine. I laughed all the way through the OP but the replies from the people who only read that, didn't realize it is a joke post then obviously skipped the other posts and are still giving heartfelt advice and encouragement 4 pages later are even more hilarious. Well played, OP.

Vincent-Laughing-vincent-price-7550519-150-150.gif

8UuPv.gif

goldmine?

meh.

not funny.
This discussion has been closed.