I am going to GIVE UP like everyone else says

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    OP, don't give up.

Eventually you'll hit comedy gold. Maybe practice on your family first?
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    this can't be serious...

you ate some candy for the first time in 14 months and now you want to quit???

bahahahahahahahaha please....I swear you people are funny....

With you on this! ;-) hysterical
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    let's say 3500 calories is one pound weight loss, you went over by 36. It is less than 1 percent of 1 pound, please realize the insignificance of that weight, or go around the house and look for thing that is 1% of 1 pound. maybe a piece of kleenex. Weight loss is a long haul process. it's not about a goal weight, get there and go back to your old lifestyle. It's about knowing a new healthier way of eating lifestyle.

Namaste.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You are NOT a failure!!! Look at what you have done so far.....14 months without candy and only 2 lbs to go to your goal!!!! That does not say failure to me and we all go over believe me IF know. Hang in there and keep going cause I know you can do this just keep doing what you were.

Hugs
    Bev
  • kbjones33
    kbjones33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree that you are being way too hard on yourself....one packet of candy does not equal failure especially if you look at your overall achievements. I'd hate to judge myself according to your standards because I would fall short weekly. Give yourself more pat on the backs for what you have done, keep your chin up and remember that you are human and will never be perfect in this lifetime.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    OP, don't give up.

Eventually you'll hit comedy gold. Maybe practice on your family first?

it's best to leave comedy to the professionals.

ch84.gif
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    TROLL.jpg

QFT

Come on people.....on the plus side it is nice to see so many supportive mfp'ers?
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You should definitely give up. You are a complete failure at weight loss and an embarrassment to the rest of us who NEVER go over on calories.

now watch how i get hammered as mean and insensitive.......lulz
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Edited: So glad I thought this was serious and wasted 5 minutes typing a sincere answer. Thanks!.
  • Pulka_Dot
    Pulka_Dot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You say "I wish I had more self-control"... well have it then! You can wish all you want, but self-control is yours and yours only! Nobody ever gets anywhere just by "wishing"

I really feel for you and on one hand I want to say "take a deep breath, relax, it was only one bag of candy, not worth it to quit just over that", and on the other hand I seriously want to say "come on - get a grip, grow a pair, it's not like you've un-done everything you've achieved in the last 14 months!"

Get some perspective - it's one day and only 36 calories! Go for a walk and burn it off and stop feeling sorry for yourself!

:love: I think I love you.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    This thread is a comedy goldmine. I laughed all the way through the OP but the replies from the people who only read that, didn't realize it is a joke post then obviously skipped the other posts and are still giving heartfelt advice and encouragement 4 pages later are even more hilarious. Well played, OP.

Vincent-Laughing-vincent-price-7550519-150-150.gif

8UuPv.gif

goldmine?

meh.

not funny.

Exactly. "Meh."

Mimicking a serious mental condition doesn't make the OP funny.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your support. I am not sure why so many of you choose not to believe me. I just needed to vent. Thank you all for being so helpful. I will be fine, not going to let one mess up stop me. Besides, i can make up for going over, it's no big deal.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    jon-stewart-huh.gif

Forget it, I'm outta here.
  • tanyaiam
    tanyaiam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • MaepleT95
    MaepleT95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? For the last 4 days I have eaten 2500-3000 calories, today I'm going back to my normal 1450 calories, I'm not worried, I'm not giving up, I may have gained a pound or two but I'm not panicking. Maybe you should up your calorie intake, I am short, 5' 4-5" and I eat over 1200 calories a day.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    You sir, are a greedy fecker. Good day to you.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Calories are not an exact science. Nutrition labels have a +-5 calorie allowance, the elliptical and my HRM estimates differ by 200-300 calories.

Putting yourself at 1200 is already putting you in the largest deficit you should have so you can't really stress going over. Although I totally get it. I was so good for so long and lately it seems I want to splurge more. Know what? I have. There have been several days I was several hundred calories over my goal. Know what? It didn't affect my weight loss in the least. I've still been steadily losing 1-2 lbs a week. I feel good - I feel healthy - and best of all I don't feel hungry or deprived.

Since I am almost at goal this is a good thing because I need to start getting my body used to maintenance calories. I know I won't be eating at a deficit forever. I also know that weight loss slows as you get closer to goal.

So unless you want to end up in a mental ward I'd suggest you start cutting yourself some slack and work toward a deficit you can LIVE with. And if you really just hate seeing that red line - up your calorie goal and then strive to eat a bit under what you have set so it stays green :D
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I ate 720 caloris worth of animal crackers yesterday
    That takes some dedication. I wouldn't waste that on animal crackers. Next time go for cheesecake!

I had M&M's and a twix bar yesterday.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    LOL at how many people are taking this seriously...

OP is an amateur troll in the making...
This discussion has been closed.