People are strange.

Options
DalekBrittany
DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
I was just thinking of a few funny stories I have from work that I probably would not believe if I hadn't seen them.

For instance, a couple of days ago, a woman came into our store, walked straight to the fragrance wall, looked around (presumably to make sure no one was around, and she couldn't see me from the angle I was at) and then picked up a bottle of body mist and sprayed it all over herself. I watched her spray this mist for a full minute before she put it down. Then she picked it up again and sprayed a decent amount on each of her feet. Then she put it down, looked around again, and left the store. I mean, maybe she didn't have time to shower, maybe she just smelled, I'm sure she had a reason for doing this, but...it was certainly a sight to see!

Last week a customer called the store and my manager answered. He asked if there was a manager he could speak with, to which she said, "My name is Jen, I'm a manager. How can I help?" He responded with "Yeah, could I talk to the actual manager? Like an actual MAN? There's no way they're allowing you women to run the store." I mean, really, I wouldn't have believed that if I hadn't heard it myself.

I have plenty of other interesting stories, but I want to know some interesting people stories from everyone else! The way people behave fascinates me! So what strange people have you encountered?

Replies

• snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Just here because now I'm singing The Doors' song. Thanks...now it's stuck in my head.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    People tell me I'm strange because I promptly sniff the bicycle seat or bench when a woman is done working out there at the gym. I don't get it. What's so weird about that?
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just here because now I'm singing The Doors' song. Thanks...now it's stuck in my head.

+1
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    People tell me I'm strange because I promptly sniff the bicycle seat or bench when a woman is done working out there at the gym. I don't get it. What's so weird about that?

What's weird is people who DON'T do that.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Ditto.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I had a coworker who once borrowed my scissors. Then a few minutes later I saw him sitting at his desk using them to trim his nose hair. And these were the big orange handle type for cutting paper.

I just told him to keep them when he tried to return them.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

+1

+2
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

:drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A man came into the newspaper office where I used to work to look through our archives. It was a really small, old building and we literally had only one toilet. A coworker was in there (not very long) and he needed to use it.

Instead of waiting, he turned to the side and peed on the carpeted floor.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    www.notalwaysright.com

Sorry for destroying the rest of your day :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

When you're a stranger, faces look ugly when you're alone. Women seem wicked, when you're unwanted; Streets are uneven when you're down....when you're strange...faces come out of the rain...when you're strange...
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    My cousin just the other day was saying he saw a very old, crazy lady at the grocery store, hugging and kissing and talking all high-pitched to a toy stuffed dog. For half an hour. People were gathering around her and watching. Then she set the dog down on a pile of lemons, stared at it for another full minute, then walked off.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I once watched a woman at the gas station wash her whole car with the little squeegie thingie for cleaning your windows. That was like, 5 years ago and I still shake my head when I think about it.

Not sure it this counts as strange or stupid, but all the time, people will make a left turn from the right lane...Im just driving along and suddenly the person on my right will turn right in front of me across like 3 lanes of traffic to make a left hand turn. Its happened so much I dont even flinch anymore, but I dont get it. Death wish?!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    A superviser of mine, many years ago, used to always use the promotional stickers to hold up the hems of her skirt as a permanent fixture, which I always thought was bizarre. Mind you, she used to pick her nose and wipe it in her curly hair which was also very strange behaviour for a lady in her twenties/thirties! x
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    www.notalwaysright.com

I actually used to like that site, but some of them seem so fake.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Last week a customer called the store and my manager answered. He asked if there was a manager he could speak with, to which she said, "My name is Jen, I'm a manager. How can I help?" He responded with "Yeah, could I talk to the actual manager? Like an actual MAN? There's no way they're allowing you women to run the store." I mean, really, I wouldn't have believed that if I hadn't heard it myself.

I have dealt with this sort of thing. I disagreed with an older male colleague (of equal rank) on an issue, and since it was my responsibility and my decision, I went with what I thought was best. He basically threw a temper tantrum about it and said to me "I miss the days when women were content to make coffee and answer the phones."
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I was chatting with my boss about my husband's upcoming deployment. He asked me how I was going to manage. Silly me, I thought he meant being alone or missing my husband, so I told him I planned to keep busy with work & my friends and hobbies. No, he wanted to know how I was going to manage the rent, our bills, taking care of our vehicles & such. Like, I can't write a check for the rent or balance a checkbook or other tasks because I am a woman? :huh: He was such a strange one all right.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not sure it this counts as strange or stupid, but all the time, people will make a left turn from the right lane...Im just driving along and suddenly the person on my right will turn right in front of me across like 3 lanes of traffic to make a left hand turn. Its happened so much I dont even flinch anymore, but I dont get it.

Do you live in Tallahassee???
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    www.notalwaysright.com

you single handily made my day better. thank you:love:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I once watched a woman at the gas station wash her whole car with the little squeegie thingie for cleaning your windows. That was like, 5 years ago and I still shake my head when I think about it.

I lol'ed :laugh: