Bored poll: Monogamy

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Good? Bad? Acceptable only because it's required to keep your loved one? Easy since you are with your partner? Old fashioned and horse puckey notion, don't you know we are animals?

What say you ?

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Monogamy sucks.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Easy!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    easy, with the right partner.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    its necessary to create a non-chaotic society. its also possible, but not easy.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Safe..? yes. Reliable..? sometimes. Fun..? meh... Exciting..? are you kidding!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    This is something I am so conflicted on. I like being with just one person. Although sometimes the thought of someone else is exciting. I don't want to hurt the person I am with in those situations. I also don't want to feel betrayed or lied to. But there is a reason monogamy is so hard right?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I like monogamy. I love stability and trust and companionship with one person, and not having to worry about STDs and such....

I liked it a lot when I was married for 9 years to a nice guy who had very little sex drive or passion.

I love it more now that I'm engaged to the love of my life who is amazing in bed :-)
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    no comment :)
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    A choice. Not for everyone, but for some. Something that's often reinforced by religion. There's no right way to do it.

I would prefer a monogamish marriage. Someone who was my main partner and shared an emotional bond with me. But we would also enjoy different partners together and individually. Lots of communication and complete honesty and respect.

But I also have a lot of respect for poly couples. The ones I have known are so close and have really bettered themselves by being able to understand their insecurities through dealing with jealousy. Mad props.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Definitely not hard if you're with the right person!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I say good, because it reduces the risks of STD/I's... and I find it incredibly easy... but I am super loyal.
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Monogamy rocks!! With the right person, it can be amazing.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I believe in just one God. I know there are a lot of vikings and druids. So if you are pologamy that is fine, but I think most of the people are mostly just christian. I'm not sure I could deal with having a bible for every god, it must be exhausting.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    A choice. Not for everyone, but for some. Something that's often reinforced by religion. There's no right way to do it.

I would prefer a monogamish marriage. Someone who was my main partner and shared an emotional bond with me. But we would also enjoy different partners together and individually. Lots of communication and complete honesty and respect.

But I also have a lot of respect for poly couples. The ones I have known are so close and have really bettered themselves by being able to understand their insecurities through dealing with jealousy. Mad props.

I love you Emma. Also, ditto-ish.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with this.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Being in a relationship that isn't monogamous doesn't necessarily make you poly. You could simply be in the lifestyle. I for one could never be in a polyamorous relationship.
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of times its just not ideal or practical. We're biologically programmed to find other people attractive, and that isn't necessarily going to change just because we fall in love with someone.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Im single now but whenever I'm in a relationship I like to stay old fashioned and stick with one man. Thats just me..
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options

^This
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I have always been monogamous, even when the woman was a total starfish