Makeup or No Makeup?

Options

Replies

• TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    As long as the makeup doesn't taste bad...
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't ever enter a MAC store.

Why did you even have to say that!? AAARG! Now all I want is to go into a MAC store! And have them do my makeup for me and make me look like a sex bomb!

*sigh* But Sephora stores are worse. I need to have a friend keep me in check when I go in. One word. Testers.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Why did you even have to say that!? AAARG! Now all I want is to go into a MAC store! And have them do my makeup for me and make me look like a sex bomb!

*sigh* But Sephora stores are worse. I need to have a friend keep me in check when I go in. One word. Testers.

I've done the MAC makeover, and I was disappointed. The makeup is great... but the artists are amateurs. I've done better makeup on myself.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Anyone think Snooki looks better without make-up?

snooki-without-makeup.jpg

Actually yes...

But how did make up magically make her boobs bigger?? :huh:

I have to say yes as well. She looks like a clown with all that crap on her face.

Yes... she looks far less pretentious. I wouldn't recognize her if I saw her in public that way.

I'd recognize that duck face anywhere.
  • TheBitSlinger
    Options
    eyeball-lip-makeup-2.jpg
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

I've done the MAC makeover, and I was disappointed. The makeup is great... but the artists are amateurs. I've done better makeup on myself.

I think it may depend on location or perhaps on the specific person. I used to live in the DC area and I'd heard that the jobs were relatively competitive for Sephora (I looked into it as a summer job...because freebies) and I would assume the same for M.A.C. I'd heard that they were required to have a cosmotology degree but I may be wrong.

Or I'm just easily impressed. I think I was 13 when I last got my makeup done at M.A.C. I still can't quite figure out a smokey eye and the woman managed to do one on me with a yellow and green kit. You'd think it would look super tacky but it looked really cool. But again, eye makeup is magic to me. I can do eyeliner, mascara, and even liquid eyeliner but when people start getting fancy with the eyeshadow I get confused. I just smear lighter shades up to my brow bone. That's all I've got.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    eyeball-lip-makeup-2.jpg

That's freaky!

At first, I thought it was an eyeball painted over an eyelid and I looked really really hard to see it... but it wasn't really there. :noway:
  • TheBitSlinger
    Options
    eye_51253c8b9606ee7d424bfe5a2.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    eye_51253c8b9606ee7d424bfe5a2.jpg

Even more disturbing!

tumblr_inline_mfiny3q1yA1r5xg8x.gif
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend always says that if you wash your make up off at the end of the night and look in the mirror and see a completely different person, then you're wearing too much make up, and that guys don't like that because that means they have to wake up next to a completely different (and usually scary) looking person. Luckily he always compliments me on my make up and doesn't cringe at my face in the morning.

My boyfriend says the same thing.

Most of the time I don't wear makeup. I touch my face entirely too much. When I do it's light and natural looking.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Anyone think Snooki looks better without make-up?

snooki-without-makeup.jpg

Actually yes...

But how did make up magically make her boobs bigger?? :huh:

I have to say yes as well. She looks like a clown with all that crap on her face.

Yes... she looks far less pretentious. I wouldn't recognize her if I saw her in public that way.

I'd recognize that duck face anywhere.

I think you misspelled *uck face.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'll just repeat my answer from a previous thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1022265-makeup

"It is fine when done well, and is not excessive. Personally, I prefer when women wear none to very little makeup."

My wife very rarely wears makeup, and that is her choice. Do what suits you.
  • LucyMcd1
    LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl, but if you look like a clown no ones gonna like that unless it is a clown judging you. So makeup is fine, just don't go overboard girls. haha
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm completely obsessed with makeup from everyday to special effects (so much fun!). I even just started a makeup website https://www.facebook.com/TwoFacedMakeUp?fref=ts give the fb page a like for updates :)
  • sdonovan4
    sdonovan4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Depends on the girl lol Some need makeup to look pretty others can pull it off with none at all.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    the natural look is so much more sexy.
  • twhite4550
    twhite4550 Posts: 25
    Options
    Yup, I find sexiness in a natural looking face, no make-up.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Very minimal make up....show your true beauty!

I always laugh at the women who cake it on and then wonder what happens when they wake up the next morning with guy, looking like a totally different person.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Very minimal make up....show your true beauty!

I always laugh at the women who cake it on and then wonder what happens when they wake up the next morning with guy, looking like a totally different person.

its like dating 2 women in the space of a few hours.
    not attractive at all.
    some women wear so much i take a trowel out with me in case i see a crack in a wall that needs filling
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I wear so much I look more like a transvestite than a transvestite, maybe I need to rethink if wearing so much puts people off because its not natural. my hair and teeth are my own, so not all bad!