Ever loved somebody...

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Yeah. My husband of 19 years just left out of the blue for someone 15 years younger than he is. Totally blindsided.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYHL6AYAwQU

ETA: NSFW but made me laugh considering the subject matter.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yeah. My husband of 19 years just left out of the blue for someone 15 years younger than he is. Totally blindsided.

I'm so very sorry. I believe in karma.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options

I'm so very sorry. I believe in karma.

Exactly. Karma is a big ol' *****.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Story of my life! This happened to me last year after dating a guy for over a year and he wanted to get married... I was the hesitant one and then one day he flips the switch and decides he's not ready to commit to our relationship and runs off and then two months later he comes back and talks to be about how he is a commitment phobe and has never even gotten engaged and he should have at least once by his age have wanted to ask someone... Made me realize how much of a waste of my life that was to like him...

If you need a drinking/strip bar/club/bar buddy and you're in my town then lemme know. I am always down for it!
  • MissEBK
    MissEBK Posts: 23
    Options
    Ever loved somebody and have them flip a 180 one day and just say they dont want it any more?
    Then find out they have a history of commitment problems and run away when things get serious.
    Then have them lead you on for 2 months?

feeling sucks

Yep! Feels like your heart has been ripped out and stomped on and handed back to you. It makes you question yourself and then it makes it hard to trust again. Don't let it deter you. Your soul mate is out there. I am waiting patiently on mine but I know he is out there so don't give up. Her loss!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sentiment that people do often suck. Those people rarely stop, so try not to look back or dwell too much.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Mine didnt turn 180, only 90 and went with my brother.
    :cry:
    *hugs and boobie squishes*
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Save some for me. :smooched:
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Never had this happen before. Does suck. Sorry to hear about all yours. Good to know your not alone.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Save some for me. :smooched:
    Always some for you. :smooched:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It happens bro, first round at the strip club is on me.:drinker:

that may be where he found this girl and why he's in this problem. my former trainer and I became very close after I couldn't train with him due to my injury we became friends after his 3rd call to check up on me and realizing I was never coming back. one of the things I found out during our friendship was that he was having his heart broken repeatedly by an emotionally unavailable stripper. sad too cause he was so hot. and so kind. and so hot. and so buff. and so hot. and so smart. and so hot. Is it getting hot in here?:blushing:
  • jppd47
    Options
  • jppd47
    Options
    It happens bro, first round at the strip club is on me.:drinker:

that may be where he found this girl and why he's in this problem. my former trainer and I became very close after I couldn't train with him due to my injury we became friends after his 3rd call to check up on me and realizing I was never coming back. one of the things I found out during our friendship was that he was having his heart broken repeatedly by an emotionally unavailable stripper. sad too cause he was so hot. and so kind. and so hot. and so buff. and so hot. and so smart. and so hot. Is it getting hot in here?:blushing:

Ouch. Never been a fan of strip clubs here
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    tell us some more about this cold heartless girl
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Ever loved somebody and have them flip a 180 one day and just say they dont want it any more?
    Then find out they have a history of commitment problems and run away when things get serious.
    Then have them lead you on for 2 months?

feeling sucks

I'm sorry that you had to go through this :(
    Im not really a strip club or drinking kind of person but, heres :flowerforyou: ( supposed to be an emoticon?) and a hug! You will be okay ....
  • jppd47
    Options

Never said she was heartless, just sucks to find out about her commitment problems after I loved her.

Meh, time heals all wounds right
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes. Dated for 3 years. Sucked balls, because he was not a commitment fan, so he was on and off the whole time and I put him on a stupid pedestal. It took me 10 years to get over him and realize that he was not the "one," because if he were he wouldn't have treated me that way! I don't believe in the one now...just the one you decide to be with and make it work, because that's what a committed relationship is about: making it work, commitment, companionship and love.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

Never said she was heartless, just sucks to find out about her commitment problems after I loved her.

Meh, time heals all wounds right
    i like your attitude.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    No, I have a little more pride then to let someone treat me like a piece of *kitten* because I'm stupid enough to fall in love. I fell in love with a man that deserves it, and we both work damn hard to maintain it. I didn't run around romanticizing constantly about being in love, and hoping that one day it would happen. If you let her treat you like that, she's going to continue to treat you like that. How about you grab some confidence and stop being a door mat?

Hope you've learned to be a little more cautious now...maybe get to know them before you confess your love