Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How do YOU want to look and feel?
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OP, forget all the people here who say to dump him. I don't know how people can think they have the right to tell you to make that big of a decision from the little that you told us about ur bf. For example, my bff in the whole wide world and I are always "dissing" each other, but in a good way. It depends on how things are said sometimes and the character of the person who said it.

On another note, to answer your original question, I think thick means not skinny, not fat, just nice muscular build with just enough body fat to not have well defined muscles. It's a look I like too, but like someone else mentioned, we're not all genetically disposed to have that look. If you are, then you probably just need to work on lifting heavy weights to get the muscle part down. That's what I'm currently in the process of doing.

I won't offer any advice on what to say to your bf (although a few things come to mind) because you didn't ask for that. Good luck!

*Edited for grammar*
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    You can be to skinny and have a one weight but it doesn't look as healthy.
    You can be the same weight but look allot more healthy.
    You didn't mention how you lost the weight the first time.
    Just do it for you and not him.
    If he loves you for you. He will be by your side.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    if you love him have a serious talk with him and don't listen to these people that say dump him. relationships take hard work if you run away every time you will never have time to make the relationship strong. just like bodybuilding if you put the weights down just cause it gets hard and hurts you will never grow :)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Good point...

I would still dump him!
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    BF sounds a little insensitive.... maybe you could post a picture of him and we can all give you some suggestions on appropriate responses. Would probably be a tad immature..... but lots of fun!!:happy:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OP, forget all the people here who say to dump him. I don't know how people can think they have the right to tell you to make that big of a decision from the little that you told us about ur bf. For example, my bff in the whole wide world and I are always "dissing" each other, but in a good way. It depends on how things are said sometimes and the character of the person who said it.

On another note, to answer your original question, I think thick means not skinny, not fat, just nice muscular build with just enough body fat to not have well defined muscles. It's a look I like too, but like someone else mentioned, we're not all genetically disposed to have that look. If you are, then you probably just need to work on lifting heavy weights to get the muscle part down. That's what I'm currently in the process of doing.

I won't offer any advice on what to say to your bf (although a few things come to mind) because you didn't ask for that. Good luck!

*Edited for grammar*

^this depending on the guy and the relationship it's just how you guys converse. Last time I had a fight with hubby and I said "what would you do if you were in my shoes?" and he answered "i would never be in your shoes" his usual answer meaning I have to learn to prevent problems a longstanding goal of mine and he says it to remind me, but this time he added "cause those shoes are ugly" since I'd just bought new shoes and he had kept quiet about them but i guess chose that moment to admit it, or just wanted to add a silly insult to win. IDK all I know is I found it nearly impossible to continue the argument to closure to figure out what needed to be done, due to that silly and haylarious additional "insult". we joke around here. we "play" when we fight and I cringe to think what an onlooker might think because both being from certain work backgrounds we are able to say it with such a straight face as to seem serious.

I"m looking for a pic of "thick" as that seems like the only way to get it across. it's like slender but not "athletic" but a little bit fuller without being fat.

this might be it

nikewomen.jpg it even comes with instructions. squat. and just do it.
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Some of those girls got "thick" from a surgeon's knife. Nicki Minaj anyone? Tell him to keep calm and then show him a pic of your favorite male celeb and tell him you want him to get ripped like he is.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Eh, its one thing to joke around, dish and take it playfully. Its a whole other thing when the person who is supposed to love you says hurtful things and makes you feel bad about yourself / question your body. My ex did that...he made hurtful comments that took me years to get over even after our breakup. And I still have my moments.

Anyway, yeah thick generally means small waist, bigger butt / thighs. Not fat or flabby. I have disproportionately large butt and thighs compared to my upper body...even when I was down to a size 4 guys still described me as thick not cause I was big, I wasnt at all...but because of the way my body is shaped. A big ouch for people making derogatory remarks about that body type...cant be helped, and some of us with that body shape do like our bodies indeed.

On that note, its not something really that you can get...just like how I will never have a ruler body shape no matter how small I get, one cant hope to change into a pear / and move on towards having the small waist / disproportionately large butt and thighs no matter how much they gain. Its not about weight, its the shape of the body.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    She doesn't seem to feel bad about his choice of words but seems motivated to find out what he means? How do we know his ideal of "thick" isn't precisely what her body is if she relaxes a little with her workout program? How do we know she doesn't use similar language with him? IDK, i just know in my real life I know a lot of thick skinned people (pun intended) and so to me her OP reads as just regular everyday talking and a girl curious what her guy is trying to tell her. So her goes another atttempt to clarify.

Urban dictionary's explanation of "thick": http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thick+girl

similar to mine, and click around to see if anything else helps you get it OP. Happy Thicking! (ie squatting, stairs, lifting, and accepting your own unique and beautiful shape however it happens to be and end up)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    35d2usm.jpg people vote on if you think this is "thick". what he might mean? and a bunch more to follow just vote so OP can see if this is what it means.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    shia-douglas-bikini-pic-2.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Trina_1.jpg

remember guys...NO BODY SHAMING. I'm really into this thread as a way to be accepting of different standards of beauty.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    rihanna-hard500.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    55052144natasharenee191364200891455.jpgby the way this one had the caption of "some of the best bodies in showbiz". I think it might be ciara but I'm not sure.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    tumblr_m9r4fdiUy71rzpfnho1_500.jpg finally a williams girl. unsure which it is, but I like her style. in other news I actually runnered-up in a fashion design contest for one of them.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    He sounds thick enough for the both of you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    http://cdn.necole*****ie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/thick-vs-fat.jpg

this one I cannot post for fear of deletion due to cleavage but it's from the side and not over the top at all and has a wonderful image of Tyra looking puzzled? displeased? envious? thoughtful? awed? check it out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    ooooooohhhhh.......

MCD, this one just made me whimper a little...:love:

rihanna-hard500.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    michelle-trachtenberg-thick-legs.jpg
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options