Do you like CATCALLS??

12346»

Replies

• HoneyDaggers
    HoneyDaggers Posts: 91 Member
    When I worked in Paris I got whistled at a lot. Circus attire does that. I liked it. Kinda nostalgic for it.
    Gym? Not so much.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    I like when I'm pumped up at the gym and a group of ladies go "Meow meow" at me. Makes me want to pet them and take them home.

I am going to try this at the gym and see what happens.... :laugh: :laugh:
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    I like when I'm pumped up at the gym and a group of ladies go "Meow meow" at me. Makes me want to pet them and take them home.

I am going to try this at the gym and see what happens.... :laugh: :laugh:

Amy, I would so pet you...
  • I'm 28 (but been mistaken for as young as 19 ALL THE TIME!) with this in mind considering the only people that "cat call" me are men in their 50's or older .. creeps me the hell out :S
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    If I could have a guarantee that nobody would ever notice me on the street again, I would weep with relief.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    I usually think it's weird.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    only if they are:
    dark-skinned
    hot
    dirty/sweaty
  • I don't think mature men do that sort of a thing but I guess to a certain degree they are flattering. I am past the point of taking that to heart as my confidence comes from within and people that matter.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    I love catcalls. Yes, I know I'm hot, and thank you for recognizing it too - you're only human after all!
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    I love catcalls. Yes, I know I'm hot, and thank you for recognizing it too - you're only human after all!

Agreed. They make me feel so pretty ;)
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Catcalls are another way of degrading women. Although, it kind of makes me think "cool I'm hot". It still is not a nice way thing generally.
  • I've been getting "catcalls" since I was four. Always from perverted old men and horny little toads of teenaged boys. I don't appreciate it. It makes me feel violated. I get hit on daily, and it never stops. I hate it. In short, I ****ing hate catcalls.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Lewd and obnoxious ones No.

Simple ones such as Whoa, you Look Good! or perhaps a nice wolf whistle, well Those ones just make my day!
  • I love a good cat call.
    a5c1cc_4052625.jpg
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    What I REALLY like is when it's a guy my son's age and I tell them "honey, I've got blue jeans older than you". :)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 674 Member
    I get catcalls every time I leave the house. I've been keeping my hair pale pink and I have very strong estrogen features, so I pretty much look like a doll. Men slow down to get a better look at me every time I am waiting for a bus or for the light to change. I wore a skirt the other day and was honked at no less than 15 times on a 2 mile walk. But "boys will be boys," and guys just can't control themselves around women, so I take responsibility for being provocative. Right? Right??? Because it was too freaking hot to wear pants, and I needed to go pick up my prescriptions!

Are the people who throw out catcalls secretly hoping that the "object" of their clumsy praise will return the favor? Strangely, I only notice when I do get catcalls. I've never returned home and thought to myself, "I didn't get any catcalls today. I must be ugly because I didn't get honked at today."
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Gross! I just ignore, pretend like I didn't hear anything. (Catcalls to me mean yellin out something, usually something disgusting. Not like a nice compliment while walking by, that's fine)
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    totally depends on the sitch. mostly i get them when i am longboarding around town. just the other day it was "Go, girl!" as i was shredding past some folks on their porch on this residental street. this is a treat for me because (in my somewhat smallish and partially provincial american west town) most folks are surprised, startled, and/or a little threatened by the sight of a female on a skateboard, so i get a lot of blank, freaked-out stares. sometimes when i'm riding it's dangerous to distract me with anything at all, complimentary or otherwise, so if you holler anything at me i might get pissed. again, totally depends on the sitch. if i'm not in bad@ss mode i get hollered/whistled at a LOT less. like, almost never.

i don't really appreciate being hollered/hooted/whistled at like a dog. i'd much rather get a smile and a nod, or a wave, or a nice polite word to two. but sometimes you just see something you like so much that you don't want to let the opportunity to submit a favorable review slip past and a few seconds might be all you have if you're just passing by... so i try not to let it bother me too much. heck, sometimes i wish i could wolf-whistle at the some of the fit boys i see cutting lawns and working on roofs here in the summer... :blushing: but since i can't whistle and i'm too shy to holler i just keep it to myself!

verdict: meh. it's a case-by-case basis.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    No, I don't particularly enjoy them.