Any apple shaped women success stories out there?

Options

Replies

• jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of an apple shape and although I have lost 64 pounds overall my middle is still heavier than the rest of me. It is shrinking but I think it will take a while to look the way I want it! I have also lost a total of 11 inches in my waist. It seems like it is holding on for dear life! I believe good cardio sessions, where it really makes you sweat is the key! Hang in there...I will eventually post some pics. Add me!! We all need some encouragement!
  • maggiemaeday09
    Options
    I am an apple and will be looking in on this thread for inspiration.
    Sexy legs, but yep, shopping for pants--they assume that if your waist is that large, your legs must be HUUUUUGE.

I thought I was the only one! Gosh, your post made me feel a little bit better. :)
  • 504Crystal
    504Crystal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just a friendly pear stopping by to say hello to you all, and let you all know that I am in fact insanely jealous of your legs!

Believe me, having no boobs and a small upper frame with large hips and huge thighs and calves is not a pretty look!

You have like my dream shape!!!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple too. I've made a good start and have a long way to go but will get there. Started lifting 2x/wk and water aerobics 3-4x/wk.. Since starting exercise I've dropped 5 in off my hips/belly. Woohoo!

Weigh-in and measurement day tomorrow; very interested in the results.

Because I have a lot to lose my pics aren't showing dramatic changes.

We can do this......yes we can!
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    UK apple shape here as well. I have stick thin arms, legs and butt and still a round tummy even though 98lbs have gone. I have lost 5 waist sizes so it does move eventually, but I am a whole size smaller on the top than on the bottom. I lost weight from everywhere before the tummy started to move. I am around 18lbs away from goal and just hope above hope it's more tummy that I lose as I don't have a lot spare anywhere else now.

Keep at it my fellow apples, it will go eventually :-)
  • mindy2286
    mindy2286 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go but i am 100 % an apple.. this picture is with a 30 lb difference...

PicsArt_1354835909876.jpg

30269908.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Youve gone in loads at the sides and front! well done keep at it :D

Ive just joined the pear shaped group if anyone wants to come there lol, Im like an apple with pear legs ha ha and hourglass in the middle.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Fellow Apple here too, lots of belly and boobs, no butt :explode: Legs look great, small arms, round shoulders, but wide in rib cage ugg! Long way to go.
    I have lost the belly before so I know it is possible.
    I have gone from a size 14 to a 12 so making progress.
    Not ready to show pictures yet.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    I'm an apple too! I want to give this a *bump* , I know there are a lot of us out here.
    I started over 300 and am in the 209 area, moving down to 1135, or so I hope to.
    Looking forward to the successful 'apple' stories and pics. - -edited: I changed my pic/profile that's me @ 212. < from 316. as bad as it looks, it has so improved. I look forward to 135.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would say I am apple shaped..It is so hard to lose from my middle section... here are my photos..
    PicMonkeyCollagew.jpg
  • DivaSlimsDown
    Options
    apple shape for sure. I carried most of my weight in my stomach
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I dont have pictures but i use to be 207 back in 2009 and now i am 129 in 2012 i lost 50 pounds alone i AM a pear shape. My measurements before weight loss was
    waist - 40
    hips - 51
    thigh - 30

and NOW at 129

waist - 28.7
    hips - 40
    thigh - 23.4
    calf - 14.7

BTW i am only 5 foot 1 and i still got alot to lose in my stomach and more in my thighs
  • lotusspark
    Options
    I'm an apple too! I want to give this a *bump* , I know there are a lot of us out here.
    I started over 300 and am in the 209 area, moving down to 135, aren't so I hope to.
    Looking forward to the successful 'apple' stories and pics. - edited. lol I said my goal weight was 1135, I meant 135! Some reason the 'edit'
    feature for mehas been diabled.
  • phee
    phee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi there fellow apples. I am a true apple also. I am all torso with a wider upper body. My legs and arms are the size of a 65kg person and my torso is the size of a 120kg person. I have a flat bottom, big boobs and belly, round shoulders and a wide back (which I hate the most). Funny thing is that I think this is the shape that changes the most with weight loss. When I was not overweight, I was in proportion all over. But as an overweight person, I am so out of proportion, it is ridiculous. Anyway, so that means that theres an Angelina Jolie body inside all of us. lol. I can't wait to find mine. Your pics here are SO inspirational. Keep them coming and keep up the great work ladies. I am so looking forward to posting in this thread at the end of next year.
  • AMDLove
    AMDLove Posts: 12
    Options
    I am also apple shaped. I blame most of this on PCOS. I was always apple shaped, but I had a butt and sloped shoulders (not broad). When I went to college and started gaining weight, my butt went away and my apple shaped body became more prominent. I am praying that working out (cardio and strength training), I will get my womanly shape back.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I am an apple and will be looking in on this thread for inspiration.
    Sexy legs, but yep, shopping for pants--they assume that if your waist is that large, your legs must be HUUUUUGE.

I thought I was the only one! Gosh, your post made me feel a little bit better. :)

Me too! This is why I never wear pants - skirts and dresses all the time, really camouflages my problem area. On rare occasion ill wear skinny jeans or leggings, but with a longer top that flares out. I can't find any normal pants that fit well and are flattering so I have up years ago!

PS - I "think" I'm an apple, or an inverted triangle? I don't have really skinny limbs - my legs are nice & shapely, but I have no hips at all, my stomach is much bigger and is where I carry most of my weight. Had huge boobs (pre-reduction) but also do have a butt, it's not flat. And I have somewhat of a defined waist, but it's right under my boobs. Apple? Or...?
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am an apple shape and I am loving seeing the success here. it is motivating.
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seagull31
    seagull31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i've been on here for a year but have only just started using the message boards. the second photo is terrible quality sorry, it was taken just now on my phone so i had a comparison photo. the first photo is the only one i have at my heaviest really. have lost 17kg (40 pounds) over 10 months by understanding my eating and calorie counting - have recently got back into indoor climbing for exercise.

i am feeling that with weightloss i am approaching the apple/hourglass boundary - to be honest i really don't think societal views on body shape should be reinforced but at the same time, i'm happy if i am lighter and more hourglassy.

fatty_zps0a83062d.jpg

skinny_zps2bbe382b.jpg
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    now.jpg

mfp.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!