Pizza?

Options
13»

Replies

• cameronwheeler
    Options
    Pizza is good, I love it, but haven't had much lately since ive been counting calories. Stay away from SBARRO thats usually found at malls.... They have 740 calories a slice of pizza... 1 or two slices for a meal is not bad at all. If you really want some pizza while your dieting, try the Red Barron French Bread pizza... its only 380 calories. It fills me up and i'm a big guy. If you need something to go with that try some fat free chips or some vegetables or something that will go good with it.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I tend to order pizza online, Domino's has a calorie counter so I use that while ordering. When I pick it up, I promptly pull off what I want and stow the rest in the fridge for later. My family actually took over and finished off my thin crust, spinach and mushroom pizza last time I ordered it. They said it was good. Thanks for the help, kids and DH....
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time! Just in moderation...

^^^Ditto, as long as I have calories alloted for the day. I had some today in fact! :)
  • shaff1rm
    shaff1rm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I definitely echo what those above me said about making your own! Thin wheat crust, tomato-based sauce, low-fat cheese and tons of veggies on top. Pizza actually starts to sound healthy. Happy baking!
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If I only eat within my budget and only ONCE in a day and not usually more then once in a week I have no problem with Pizza :) We make an awesome sourdough crust and make our own pizzas too.

However, when I decide to have it for breakfast and lunch the next day I DO NOT lose weight that week! lol
  • ellie263
    ellie263 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just buy a ready made thin based pizza from the supermarket and divide the calories. A quarter isn't too bad with lots of salad. Check the calories before you buy.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Just make your own so you know what is in it! You can really make pizza at home that is just as good, and seems to be less calories.
    Yeah!
  • KnifeThrower89
    Options
    Ok I love pizza. Not gonna lie about it. Weight Watchers says you can have a slice but how can you accurately determine the calories in one slice of pizza? I've heard/seen so many different calorie totals but I never know which to use.... Does anyone here eat a slice of pizza once and awhile? Is it ok to just give in and have it? Would love some opinions here... :)

Depending on where you got the pizza the nutrition information says how many per slice on are a serving and from my experience it's a lot.
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I sometimes give in and get the real stuff. However, I have found a cute way to have that same pizza taste with little calories. I make pizza out of portobello mushroom caps. I fill them with marinara, top with part skim mozzarella, a few olive slices and turkey pepperonis. Bake caps in oven for 7 minutes at 350 and then take them out to add toppings....broil for 3 minutes to melt cheese. Yummers!

Pizza is my biggest vice. I have to be careful not to eat the whole pizza when I do indulge.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Most pizza chains have a website with the nutrition info for their pizzas. I would check that out. I love pizza too, so I haven't nixed pizza from my diet. I can't do the cauliflower pizza crust or any other substitute either. So I get the best kind I like and eat a slice with a salad and some fruit. Satisfies the craving, and I am not blowing the diet.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    There are great recipes for flourless pizza dough. It seriously saves the calories. I made a couliflower crust veggie pizza and it was delicious!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Ok I love pizza. Not gonna lie about it. Weight Watchers says you can have a slice but how can you accurately determine the calories in one slice of pizza? I've heard/seen so many different calorie totals but I never know which to use.... Does anyone here eat a slice of pizza once and awhile? Is it ok to just give in and have it? Would love some opinions here... :)

Pizza is ok. Most brand names are in the food database. They won't be exact but they'll be close. One day of eating pizza will not destroy your progress. When we eat pizza (about once every couple of months) I have 2-3 pieces, log it and forget about it. The way I'm eating is "normal" life for me from now on and I refuse to deprive myself completely of foods I love.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. I've been eating pizza every day but I make my own healthy personal pizzas. I eat like two or three pizzas a day as well as two or three cakes.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bump! Some of those look good!
  • andresconejo
    andresconejo Posts: 264
    Options
    The best way is to make yours! YOu can stuff them with lots of healthy stuff, count the calories and use low calorie flatbreads for the base of split a pita in 2 and you have 2 thin crust pizzas!!
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    I usually order large pepperoni pizza and just use papa johns nutritional info, est. 400 cal/slice. The pizza place I order from doesn't have info available :/ I eat pizza a lot. I love it. Even the cheap frozen stuff. I often eat half a Newman's Own uncured pepperoni pizza for lunch.
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yep, learn to make your own. You can control every ingredient and record the cals accurately. Plus it always tastes better than the takeout pizza anyway.

Bob's Burgers rules!