For those who are coffee drinkers in the morning

Options

Replies

• Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    That sucks some of you guys go into withdrawal if you don't have coffee for an extended period of time. Am I seeing something wrong here.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I drink at least three cups of coffee every morning -- regular with flavored creamer. I could give it up, but it wouldn't be pretty.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have nothing but coffee all day. It's 2 calories for me & a green coffee at that. Do I look like I care if it's decaf? With all the caffeine I have during the day it's amazing I'm not asleep. It does nothing for me, never has. I just like the taste
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?

Yup I could and have surveyed.... If you mean survive... Yes I could do that too... Now would I like it... Oh heck no.

:laugh:
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I go to bed anticipating my morning coffee
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    About 2/3 of a cup of puerto rican coffee(regular) plus 2 ounces of evaporated milk , I could deal with not drinking coffee.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    2 - 3 cups between 5am - 10 am, regular, could easily give it up...
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I could survive but my family would be begging me to drink coffee. I'm a grouch if I don't have my morning dose. I drink two cups of regular.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I use to have about 3 cups a day, with two sweet and lows and international delight french vanilla cream. I now have 1 cup of coffee a day with two sweet and lows but changed to sugar free french vanilla. It was after I begin logging hat I realized how much sugar and calories I was actually drinking. Granted it wasn't huge but I think I would rather eat my calories then drink them lol Plus I try to keep my sugar under goal.
  • RPric1
    RPric1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I loved coffee for many years until I had vertigo, spells of spinning dizziness for about a year. Doc said quit the caffeine and the spinning stopped. So I get away with decaf to savor the familiar taste. I found it hard to love once I quit coffee completely for months. Going back wasn't very exciting. Hm.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    How many cups in the morning? and regular or decafe?

Also if you had to give up coffee for a month and just drink plain water in the morning could you survey?

I drink one cup every morn, lately another mid-day, and one more after dinner. I drink it kinda strong with a flavored creamer or 1/2 & 1/2, never liked it with sugar.

Oh I wouldn't wanna give it up ;) ~ but I do drink lots of ice water daily too, nothing else usually (except for the occasional booze).
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have one 16 oz cup in the morning. Its rare for me to have any in the afternoon, but will occasionally.
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    I drink about 4 cups a day. It gets my head in the game. Makes workouts stronger.... I drink it black. I wouldn't want to survive without it but i guesss I could.
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi There: I have 2 cups of black coffee every morning.
    Could I give it up? NO!!!!!!!
    I just gave up cigs-almost 4 months now! I need my coffee fix!!
  • mmg0327
    mmg0327 Posts: 29
    Options
    It's a cyclic thing. I give up coffee, get the headaches. Go back on it slowly, stop paying attention, it goes up too much, I give it up.

^^^^This

For the last two weeks I've tried swapping out 2 cups of green tea for my regular morning Venti Pike with whole milk no sweetener (Starbucks addict here) and after the initial 7 days of headaches, irritability, and general b!%<#iness I'm actually feeling pretty good.
    ...but I know come the autumn when it starts to get cold in the mornings I won't be able to resist that yummy coffee goodness during my walk to work.
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine's 2 coffees with milk before I leave the house, and another mug at 1045 coffee time. A couple of times a week I fancy an espresso after dinner, too.

I've been to quite a few places (sailing trips, camping trips in the remote tropics) where there was no morning coffee, only water. Surprisingly enough, that's always been fine, probably because there were always lots of activities to look forward to. I was always overjoyed to get back to my morning coffee, though. It's so delicious!
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    20 oz 1 Tbsp sugar 3 splenda every morning.I could with major effort ween myself off but I don't want to :)
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I drink two cups of regular coffee (with cream and sweetener) in the morning. I sometimes add one more cup in the afternoon, if I am really tired, but it's rare. I could survive without coffee, but I'd rather not!

no-coffee-no-workee_177439817.jpg
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Two cups in the morning, with full fat raw cream and vanilla stevia. I drink water after that. I could give up my coffee, but we (the coffee and I) would miss each other terribly. :wink:
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have weened myself off of it a little, but still like to have 1-2 cups a day. If at work and drinking the coffee they give out for free, it is a medium roast with a little cream and sugar. If I'm at home, I have my wonderful Maxwell House original roast with some flavored creamer, no sugar needed :).