Instead of, I eat...

Options

Replies

• LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Instead of various night snacks, I eat natural popcorn popped on my stove with Pam and the Popcorn Seasoning shakers. Love the Buffalo flavor!
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Instead of chips, I like beet chips : )
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Instead of driving myself crazy, I eat what I like.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Instead of a big portion, I eat a smaller portion.

^This. For example

Instead of two handfulls of chips, I eat a serving.
    Instead of half a pizza, I have 2-3 slices.
    Instead of ALL THE COOKIES, I have a serving.
    Instead of having a brownie with ice cream, whipped cream, peanuts, and fudge for a late night snack I...um, only have half of the portion that I used to. And no peanuts, cause wow so many calories. :laugh:
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Instead of butter, I use organic extra virgin cold-pressed unrefined coconut oil by Carrington Farms, and instead of sour cream, I use plain low-fat yogurt.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Instead of driving myself crazy, I eat what I like.

Good one!
  • JeannetteJablonski
    Options
    Try making the Kale chips. You will love them. I make them when I am having a chip craving.
  • SusanDugas
    SusanDugas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For potato chip cravings, try microwaved potato chips! Takes 4-6 minutes in microwave (thinly sliced with mandoline) and you have true low calorie, no fat chips! I leave the peelings on for nutrition, too!
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Instead of choco covered pretzels now I eat I unsalted pistachios. Measured of course.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Instead of ice cream, I go for strawberries and marshmallow fluff for a little less than 100 cal. :bigsmile:
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Instead of a big portion, I eat a smaller portion.

^^ This!

Instead of pizza, I eat Oreos.
    Instead of bacon, I eat pizza.
    Instead of Oreos, I eat bacon.

It's cyclical... :wink:
  • dBree
    dBree Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    instead of ice cream I have....1/4 cup lowfat ricotta cheese mixed with one cup frozen blueberries (sugar free) 130 calories!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Instead of a typical dessert, I eat a chopped-up kiwi or chunk of watermelon

Instead of a burger and French fries from a fast food place, I eat a veggie burger w/o bun on a bed of broccoli slaw and a small serving of sweet potato fries I cook at home

Instead of a Starbucks latte or mocha, I drink flavored coffee with a splash of 1% milk

Instead of a chocolate bar, I eat 6 semi-sweet chocolate chips and 4 almonds

Instead of a po'boy from a Cajun restaurant, I eat chopped lettuce with 3 oz of popcorn shrimp, homemade remoulade, and part of a tiny baguette on the side. Calorie difference is around 400 less and price difference at least $5 less

Instead of IHOP breakfast, I have a slice of homemade French toast with cinnamon, fresh blueberries, and Cary's sugar free syrup. I seriously prefer it, too.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    instead of a sweet desert, i eat whipped yogurt. still looking for something to substitute for my potato chip craving...

slivered almonds helped me get rid of the potato chip cravings all together. :)
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Instead of eating peanut butter I eat PB2....well for the most part;)
  • chelkins16
    chelkins16 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just eat what I was craving but in moderation. Stay with in my calories who gives a crap!
  • sammyjo1088
    Options
    Instead of chips or pretzels, I eat an apple or some strawberries. You'd think since apples and strawberries aren't salty and crunchy that they'd be a poor substitute, but I've gotten quite used to it and I very rarely crave the chips anymore.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Okay, here's my real answer:

Instead of "low fat", "light", and "fat free" foods, I opt for the full fat and regular (and, less processed!) versions.