Drunk snacking?

Options
Wondering if anyone here has any advice for something sane to eat when I come home after a night of drinking and all I want is a burrito and a piece of cake. This is my "trouble zone" and I need help trying to figure out something healthy and satisfying to eat when I'm drunk and craving salt, fat, and sugar.

I need to be able to either make it beforehand and store it (and have it be appetizing when I get home), or be able to make it really easily when drunk.

Does anyone have a similar issue? :blushing:

Replies

• moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes. :drinker:
    My advice:
    Cheez-its divided up into baggies. Popcorn. "Reasonable" mac and cheese that can be nuked to perfection.
  • dmlover76
    dmlover76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't get drunk to the point when you need to eat. Drink water between your cocktails. Stick with vodka and soda. I recommend Tito's because it's organic and distilled 6 times.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    How often must you get drunk for this to become a problem?!?!?
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I normally don't make it to the eating phase, I pass out before then.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options

Light- weight!!

;-)
  • sarm1977
    sarm1977 Posts: 9
    Options
    I agree. Best bet is to cut back on the drinking.

I enjoy a drink now in then, so this is what I do: Once a week I have a couple beers, and once a month I have a night out drinking. I make sure that I account for all those calories, including snacks, and that my weekly average still remains below my calorie goal. If your handy with Excel, just plug your net calories each day into a column of cells, average the column, and you'll know if your binge days are hurting you're overall progress. Same thing can be done with a notebook, a pencil and a calculator.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    Nothing will save you. When you're drunk, you don't care. So, Pre-planning your drunk eating does nothing because you'll ignore it and go for the burrito anyway. The only way is to cut down the drinking.

this is very true! i FOUND A CURE.. who ever comes back to my house i cook an early full irish breakfast and i sober up and dont feel like eating myself ;)
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Nothing will save you. When you're drunk, you don't care. So, Pre-planning your drunk eating does nothing because you'll ignore it and go for the burrito anyway. The only way is to cut down the drinking.

QFT. Unfortunately there is no way around it. You're going to stop and get nachos covered in cheese, or go home and raid the cabinet/fridge. Your mind is not your friend when drunk. Morning after guilt will ensue when you wake up covered in burrito and cheese sauce. Drunk brain never reaches for the yogurt in the fridge. Never. Ever. Ever.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    this issue sums up my mid early 20s.

i had to basically but back on my drinking. A bowl of cereal full of fiber wouldn't be a bad idea. Will fill you up and even help sober you up. Also there is fruit or even greek yogurt.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    stop DRINKING
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    stop DRINKING
    go to bed
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Same here!

And to whoever said "cereal", yeah, I've heard that too. But maybe try just passing out? Once you hit the bed drunk, you will forget about eating until you wake up.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The post title describes how I got chunky er, fat and pretty much a good stretch of my 20's. I don't know how many nights my friends and I would hit up Perkins after the bars. Something about drinking brings out the munchies monster.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Light- weight!!

;-)

Ha! That's becuase I am 10 shots of vodka into it. I am an expensive drunk, in the end I have to dry out every now and then so I can become cheap again. :drinker:
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for these suggestions—you're the only one who didn't tell me to stop drinking.

Jeez people! What happened to the whole "support" thing? I like to get drunk sometimes! I only drink Friday & Saturday nights. Wasn't asking for your judgments. :drinker:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for these suggestions—you're the only one who didn't tell me to stop drinking.

Jeez people! What happened to the whole "support" thing? I like to get drunk sometimes! I only drink Friday & Saturday nights. Wasn't asking for your judgments. :drinker:

I think some suggestions, like prepare beforehand are good, but we all know a burger, or fish & chips on way home is just the right thing to do at the time

No way round it, go with the flow and just count it in, eat less during week & work on a weekly, not daily basis

PS make easily when drunk is a fried egg sandwich, obviously laden with calories, but at least you can calculate them in advance, or day after, try and not put butter / marge on, just two slices of bread with a fried egg between them, salt & pepper to taste, job done

Safety Warning - Remember to turn the heat off under the frying pan
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i can hardly spare the macros for a few drinks, let alone the impaired eating that insues. I drink less, then i eat less crappy food.

When i want that 7-elelven taquito, like the cigarette that sounds so good after i quit five years ago, i just say, no... that's the drinks talking, don't go there. and i don't
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I plan my all night long drinking. I try to stay under my calorie goal and not eat back my exercise cals three of four days before. I go on a long run the day of. I log every cocktail that i can remember having and whatever greasy food i picked up on the way home. I dont do this often because I still have more weight to loose.