Options

Replies

• feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Going for a game of darts later - I'll just log the beer lol
  • matthewswallace3
    Options
    As a darts fan myself does anyone care to tell me how many players they know who are obese/fat? as they don't have a clue when they see it as a sport where players drink beer. That was the 70's and 80's. rules state you can't drink while playing so they have water. Anyway it' a form of excercise to me because you have to walk to get the darts out of the board. If your doing that for hours a day while practice surely your doing something. Most players would practice for say 6 hours per day and take a 5 min break every 30 mins or so.

It would be funny if you meet players like Michael Van Gerwan, Gary Anderson, Peter Wright, James Wade, Simon Whitlock etc and say they are fat when they aren't really.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    About as much as I think you should count lifting a beer to your mouth as weight lifting.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Would darts count as cardio?? Some of my friends count this as cardio and its the only form of exercise they engage in each week. What do you all think? I play too but don't see it as exercise

Throwing spiky things at the wall, darts?

I don't see how anyone could get their HR up high enough doing that to count it as cardio, unless they are sprinting from the line to the board and back every time they fetch the darts.

Agreed. If darts count, then so do video games. Hell, I bet I can get a higher heart rate playing a FPS than I could with freakin' darts. lol.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    BRAIIIIIIINZZZZZZZ!!!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    As a darts fan myself does anyone care to tell me how many players they know who are obese/fat? as they don't have a clue when they see it as a sport where players drink beer. That was the 70's and 80's. rules state you can't drink while playing so they have water. Anyway it' a form of excercise to me because you have to walk to get the darts out of the board. If your doing that for hours a day while practice surely your doing something. Most players would practice for say 6 hours per day and take a 5 min break every 30 mins or so.

It would be funny if you meet players like Michael Van Gerwan, Gary Anderson, Peter Wright, James Wade, Simon Whitlock etc and say they are fat when they aren't really.

I think you burned more calories resurrecting this Zombie thread.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Only if I'm curling enough drinks.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I think you burned more calories resurrecting this Zombie thread.

OMG....lmao. Totally fell for zombie resurrection thread.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Only if you're throwing them constantly, non-stop for 20 minute or more, LOL! And I DON'T think the dart board can handle that many darts. :laugh:
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If that's the case, we should all count eating as cardio. After all, we have to walk to the refrigerator, and move our arm up and down to bring the fork to our mouths... Plus all that chewing! Whew, working hard! :huh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Would darts count as cardio?? Some of my friends count this as cardio and its the only form of exercise they engage in each week. What do you all think? I play too but don't see it as exercise

That would be a serious stretch....I'm sure it's doing pretty much jack **** for their cardiovascular health.
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    OMG NO!!!!!!!!! Darts? when I played the only exercise was walking to the bar to get more drinks
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    sure.. if you are tranquilizing a wild animal that could be pretty intense .. bar darts? no lol.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You know what? Just to play devil's advocate, I'm saying, YES. Yes it IS cardio.

I'm also saying that visiting the boys' room in between beers is weight loss.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    No.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Only if I were having to dodge them.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    VYjS5Km.gif
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    darts is code right? it's code....

if it's code...then YES.....

and i'm the dartboard.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    if that counts as cardio...sex should be a form of extreme cardio. at least the way i do it..BAM! haha. jk.

NO
  • segooey
    segooey Posts: 24
    Options
    Plus, the obligatory 12 oz curls.

lightweight.... 16oz is better

Remember: a pint's a pound, the world around.