Movies that make you say "WTF did I just watch??"

Options

Replies

• SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Millenium Actress. It was beautiful and intriguing, but it was purposely written to confuse you about which events were real and which were only movies she starred in.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Actress
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Sky, I have never been so confused during a movie. When it ended the theatre sat in disbelief as everyone tried to figure out WTF just happened.

Yup, that'd be my answer too. That movie is so awful. For some reason we owned the DVD and I finally found some idiot who liked it and gave it to them.
  • Kiaford
    Kiaford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The Watchmen
    Oldboy
    Audition
    Most of Japanese horror movies
    Begotten
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just watched The Pledge with Jack Nicholson last night. I was so pissed by the end I wanted to put my foot through the tv. Slow pacing, bizarre character choices, bull**** ending. Hate!

^^ This. The Pledge was so disappointing -- total waste of time.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    'I Spit On Your Grave' ...Now that was some f***ed up viewing :noway:

The original or the remake?

I thought the original was better and was brilliant in its controversay.

I remember selling the original to my wife (ex) on mother's day as a "female empowerment" movie. Took her a little while to get what I was talking about, and then the girl hacksawed the rapists junk off in the tub and it all fell into place.
  • Corked_Up_Cheese
    Options
    PAPERBOY WITH JOHN CUSAK AND NICOLE KIDMAN... SERIOUSLY MESSED ME UP

REVENGE FOR JOLLY

Paperboy. Hands down. WTH was going on in that movie????????
  • Kiaford
    Kiaford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Millenium Actress. It was beautiful and intriguing, but it was purposely written to confuse you about which events were real and which were only movies she starred in.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Actress

I love that movie. I love all of Satoshi Kon's work.
    Perfect Blue was definitely a WTF movie.
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Holy Motors

I was speechless at the end.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I watched a movie last night and I have to say Sleepaway Camp has to be one of the top on my list for most screwed up, had a nice shock factor to it that the sequels definitely could not beat.

Sleepaway camp was awesome...i knew what was going to happen before it did and laughed at the characters for not listening to me.

but my WTF movie would be: Going Overboard....I love Adam Sandler, but wtf? lol
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    'I Spit On Your Grave' ...Now that was some f***ed up viewing :noway:

The original or the remake?

I thought the original was better and was brilliant in its controversay.

I remember selling the original to my wife (ex) on mother's day as a "female empowerment" movie. Took her a little while to get what I was talking about, and then the girl hacksawed the rapists junk off in the tub and it all fell into place.

I did like that the remake took it's own twist with the way she got revenge but I like the style of the 70's horror movies better in general.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I watched a movie last night and I have to say Sleepaway Camp has to be one of the top on my list for most screwed up, had a nice shock factor to it that the sequels definitely could not beat.

Sleepaway camp was awesome...i knew what was going to happen before it did and laughed at the characters for not listening to me.

but my WTF movie would be: Going Overboard....I love Adam Sandler, but wtf? lol
    ^^^ YES YES YES. It;s not REALLY his fault because he was like 17. but that was a terrible movie.

somehow we ended up owning it twice. huh? although there have been some other horrible ones, but 50 first dates is seriously my favorite movie. my husband and i want to find the cafe they used
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Idiocracy! Its accuracy is a little scary though...

I've only seen Killer Joe on stage and thought it was fantastic. I hate Matthew McC, so I never bothered with the movie.

WTF disturbing was the original Last House on the Left, probably because I was much too young to be watching it and it gave me nightmares for weeks.

WTF awesome is Pan's Labyrinth. Oh, and Fight Club, mostly because I hadn't read the book first and it turned me on to Chuck Palahniuk for which I will forever be thankful.

WTF I didn't get it was definitely The Fountain. But I feel that way about most Aronofsky films. I guess I'm not all sophisticated or artsy or something. Meh.

WTF I just spent too much money to take an uncomforable 3 hour nap is a tie between Howard's End and The English Patient. I've tried watching them both again and no dice. Never been able to make it through either one.

ETA: Good god, I forgot about the horribleness of Rock of Ages. I must've blocked that one out. I love musical theater, but that was just terrible on top of horrible on top of I can't stop watching because it's so bad.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cloud Atlas....it's 3 very long hours of WTF am I watching!!!!

Holy cow yes! I kept looking at the clock thinking "how long is this damn movie and is it going to start making sense soon?" I felt cheated out of 3 hours of my life :angry:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    My wife made me watch "Eat, Pray, Love" and through it, Julia Roberts stole (and consumed) 133 minutes of my life.

I quite literally said, "What the f@*k did I just watch?" when the credits rolled.
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    Rock of Ages - I literally said "WhyTF did I just watch that?"

I know! haha
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    One that quickly comes to mind: Tiny Furniture.
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    WTF movie: Americanizing Shelly.

lol so stupid.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Like Water for Chocolate.... I still just don't get it...
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    sorry..haven't read through this at all..

here are two recent ones that come to mind:

cloud atlas
    john dies at the end
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    - Open Water

- Buried

- Premonition

OMG seriously the most boring movies EVER made!!!!