I'm TOO pretty to work...

Options

Replies

• Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of this is also about the fact that women sometimes make fun of other women for how they groom themselves. Some women make fun of other women for being frumpy or laid back with make-up or clothing. Other women make fun of others who spend what they feel is too much time/money on beauty.

it's just an endless loop: others criticized her for spending too much time/effort/money on beauty, now she criticizes them for not linking her approach because she felt insecure at work, and now people on here criticize her...
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    That's it I've decided to become to pretty to work too, what a life! Too bad my parents won't support me financially like hers do though lol.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't think she's ugly but I've seen plenty of equally as attractive and more attractive women working. Quite frankly I think she's full of it. If she was really that bothered at work why not file a sexual harassment complaint or lawsuit or change jobs?
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Options
    That's it I've decided to become to pretty to work too, what a life! Too bad my parents won't support me financially like hers do though lol.

Funny how your profile picture changed to a face shot right after that post! Most women probably would have done the opposite if anything, because they would be too afraid to show their face after making such a humerous comment.

I dare say, suddenly that woman is looking less pretty...

Edited to add: or at least a woman like her would be too afraid.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I think this was a troll post to see how many MFPers would come out to body shame this woman in the pics, call her old and comment on her boobs.

Ridiculous!

For the record, sexual harassment is real and I have seen boss' wives pressure boss' to fire certain female employees for wearing shorts too short, etc. This stuff does exist.

At the same time, the lady who was in charge of one of the law sections in the bar association I am a member of was drop dead gorgeous, a hard worker, and didn't appear to have to quit her profession because she happened to also be beautiful. So I think this particular woman (if it is even REAL) obviously just doesn't want to work. And why should she? Her family has inherited a bunch of money. I'm not sure I would keep slaving away the 9-5 if I didn't have to either. I wouldn't make up some dumb excuse, but I certainly wouldn't be pulling the hours I am.

I didn't take it as the OP making it to invite people to body shame. If that were the case, every single of the "this celebrity/fitness model/mode/plus size model, etc. is my ideal body type" threads would also be created with the intent to invite people to body shame. I think she was maybe just perplexed by how anyone would openly say they were too pretty to work.

Yeah, a mix of that and I do actually believe people can be so mean that they make people want to quit their job. I had a situation at my workplace where someone didn't like me and they made it difficult for me to go into work everyday. I wouldn't say it was because I was pretty, but because they made snap judgments about me and was into gossip etc. Some people are just very negative, and they like to gossip at the workplace and they don't care if it hurts peoples feelings or makes them uncomfortable.

But more importantly, I now want to know how did you know I was a girl??? lols

because I'm a mind reader. :bigsmile:

You've got me spooked now...

btw, you have an amazing figure !!! HATE U
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options

Funny how your profile picture changed to a face shot right after that post! Most women probably would have done the opposite if anything, because they would be too afraid to show their face after making such a humerous comment.

I figured it may seem silly to say that and have a pic up that wasn't me just some random skinny chick with a weight loss slogan lol.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Options
    I actually had a student (I'm a college professor) drop out of college because she said she was "too pretty to attend class" and that the guys wouldn't leave her alone LOL. When I asked her why she didn't just attend online classes, she told me she was so pretty that her boyfriend was making her quit and online classes would mean that she had to "chat up" with the other guys.

That is so weird. Btw, she would have fit in perfectly at the school I went to...whose student population is composed primarily of very pretty female students.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Options

I figured it may seem silly to say that and have a pic up that wasn't me just some random skinny chick with a weight loss slogan lol.

Agreed! It really helps support your point.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What were her achievements? Pretty sure science doesn't give a *kitten* whether or not you have a pretty face. If you do good things, you'll get recognized. She probably THINKS she made a contribution to science.

It must be interesting to be inside her head at the center of the world.... :noway:
  • TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...:tongue:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    When you hear her talk it sounds as if she might have been bullied. Not so much for her beauty but maybe for a sense of weakness that I notice. In all honesty though as long as she has the credentials as a scientist it should not be that way.

She might benefit from a make-UNDER though. Flatter hairstyle, long sleeves, more demure make up job. But yeah she should be able to work without people harrassing her even if she wants to dress like that, she just will have to OWN that look, is all.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I think this was a troll post to see how many MFPers would come out to body shame this woman in the pics, call her old and comment on her boobs.

Ridiculous!

For the record, sexual harassment is real and I have seen boss' wives pressure boss' to fire certain female employees for wearing shorts too short, etc. This stuff does exist.

At the same time, the lady who was in charge of one of the law sections in the bar association I am a member of was drop dead gorgeous, a hard worker, and didn't appear to have to quit her profession because she happened to also be beautiful. So I think this particular woman (if it is even REAL) obviously just doesn't want to work. And why should she? Her family has inherited a bunch of money. I'm not sure I would keep slaving away the 9-5 if I didn't have to either. I wouldn't make up some dumb excuse, but I certainly wouldn't be pulling the hours I am.

I didn't take it as the OP making it to invite people to body shame. If that were the case, every single of the "this celebrity/fitness model/mode/plus size model, etc. is my ideal body type" threads would also be created with the intent to invite people to body shame. I think she was maybe just perplexed by how anyone would openly say they were too pretty to work.

Yeah, a mix of that and I do actually believe people can be so mean that they make people want to quit their job. I had a situation at my workplace where someone didn't like me and they made it difficult for me to go into work everyday. I wouldn't say it was because I was pretty, but because they made snap judgments about me and was into gossip etc. Some people are just very negative, and they like to gossip at the workplace and they don't care if it hurts peoples feelings or makes them uncomfortable.

But more importantly, I now want to know how did you know I was a girl??? lols

because I'm a mind reader. :bigsmile:

You've got me spooked now...

btw, you have an amazing figure !!! HATE U

thank you! I worked my *kitten* off (on?) to get here. :wink: :happy:
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    She's disgusting
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I realize that I will sound like one of the catty jealous females she refers to but....she looks older than 33.

One of the first things I noticed about her after reading the article was that for someone who is supposedly 33 years old, she sure has a lot of wrinkles around her eyes. She blows through all that money each month and she can't get a good eye cream?

And "trauma" from being hit on all the time at work? Maybe a minor annoyance. Not trauma. I think she'd be better suited to spend some of daddy's money on a good therapist.

I think her co-workers' real issue with her is that they were afraid that her eyebrows would poke someone's eye out.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    33? Does she smoke and drink and sleep on her face? There is no denying she is what society defines as "pretty" but she certainly does not look 33.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Someone PLEASE tell my boss that "being too pretty to work" is a valid excuse. Every time I want to go home early and use this excuse, I get cursed out and laughed at. Rude!!! lol.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    When you hear her talk it sounds as if she might have been bullied. Not so much for her beauty but maybe for a sense of weakness that I notice. In all honesty though as long as she has the credentials as a scientist it should not be that way.

She might benefit from a make-UNDER though. Flatter hairstyle, long sleeves, more demure make up job. But yeah she should be able to work without people harrassing her even if she wants to dress like that, she just will have to OWN that look, is all.

I agree. The way she is trying to make herself look younger makes her look I'd guess around early to mid-40s. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, but I would assume she wants to look younger, not older.
  • jmarsh9
    jmarsh9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with her, my mustache makes me way to manly and handsome to work, it really just invites harassment and shootouts in th workplace

Ahhhhh can't stop laughing!!!!!!
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Options
    This is kind of random, but another related topic is how some people feel that people like many of us on this site think we're superior to everyone else due to putting in work/effort to work out, gain muscle, lose fat, and eat well. Some people think it's a sick obsession that we have, and would call it narcissistic personality disorder! I like to remind such individuals that it's all in the name of avoiding a sick body. Some people actually look down upon people who look halfway decent for this reason. They feel we must be shallow because we take pride in external function/appearance. But I would guess that those are usually fat people with no intention of changing, and will continue to be unhealthy.