Which protein shake brand are you using?

Options

Replies

• zimmerem
    zimmerem Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use Promasil from Rivalus in Milk Chocolate. 90 Calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 20g protein.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein - 140 calories, 7 carbs, 2 fat, 26 protein. I love that it comes in Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, Vanilla, Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter. Vanilla is great with fruit as smoothies & my favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter. I like it because it shakes well in a drink bottle with lid when I'm not near a blender and doesn't taste bad if I don't have dairy to mix with it. Also packs a good protein punch!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    We use either Bob's Red Mill pure whey protein concentrate (no flavors, no sugar, no additives, just whey protein and nothing else), or Jarrow Organic whey protein isolate (same thing, no flavors, no extra ingredients, just whey protein).

We found the plain stuff to be way more flexible than flavored, it's just way harder to find and usually more expensive.
  • lraien
    lraien Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mike's Mix
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Fitness Labs 100% WheyFit Protein-Dutch Chocolate one scoop a day. 140kcals, 25g protein, 4.5 glutamine precursors, BCAAs, and 5g carbs and 2.5g fat
  • Amsily
    Amsily Posts: 11
    Options
    I am not a chocolate, vanilla, strawberry kind of girl so I use Syntrax Nectar brand. They have many flavors to choose from and mix like crystal light. My favorites are the Iced Tea Lemon and Fuzzy Navel. They have 25 grams of protein per scoop and low in sugar. Also safe for bariatric patients. :happy:
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I like to switch it up with MGN, Muscle and Strength and Gaspari Nutrition. I have a mix of whey and casein post workout (2:1 ratio) and casein/almond milk/cottage cheese for my pre-bed snack. I try to shop on sale and grab the 2 lb jugs. I can change up flavors so I don't get bored as easily.
  • carie1664
    carie1664 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use Chocolate ProFit from "It Works". It tastes great, Stevia to sweeten and super high quality.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein - 140 calories, 7 carbs, 2 fat, 26 protein. I love that it comes in Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, Vanilla, Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter. Vanilla is great with fruit as smoothies & my favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter. I like it because it shakes well in a drink bottle with lid when I'm not near a blender and doesn't taste bad if I don't have dairy to mix with it. Also packs a good protein punch!

did you know that it now has 30g of protein per scoop? I know the calories went up to 150 but not sure what changed with everything else.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Isopure

200 Cals
    50 g protien
    0 carbs
    0 g sugar
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    EAS Lean 15 Protein Powder ( 100 calories, 15 g protein, 5 g fiber)

I tried it once so far, not the most pleasant taste but better than others tried. I hope to try it at home with some ice and a banana to flavor it up some.

It had great reviews so I thought it would be worth a shot.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I really do not trust these big name companies since the FDA does not regulate supplements (any ingredients can be added, and some companies will add anything)... So with that I choose Hemp Powder from the natural organic store I shop at. It has 20 grams of protien and taste well with Coconut/Almond milk mixed with honey!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I sometimes want a "lighter" pro powder, especially for hot summer days - I use Nature's Plus Spiru-tein. Blueberry is my favorite - it tastes like blueberries & cream, even mixed with just water. Peach is also good. If I want a little more substance, I put it in the blender with some fruit (blueberries) and ice. By itself, it's 100-110 cals/serving, and if I add fruit and/or milk, it tastes like dessert and is under 200 cals. For mornings on the go, I pour a scoop in a bottle of water and shake it up - quick and easy 100 calories and keeps me full!

For muscle building/work out recovery, this isn't a good choice. But if you want a snack or a light breakfast, I love it!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've used EAS, Body Fortress, and Muscle Milk.

Personally, I prefer the Body Fortress for the taste and price.

I unwittingly tried soy once, and went immediately back to whey.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Mostly Muscle Milk. I keep meaning to branch out but I like the taste.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm using Body Fortress right now...it's not the "highest quality" but it is inexpensive and gets the job done!

Same here, or the Eat Good, Look Great brand. I use 30 cal Almond Milk with mine.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump- I'm glad someone asked, because I want to start using it, but the few that I tried I didn't like. I don't do well with artificial sweeteners :frown: anyone have any suggestions for that?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I've tried quite a few, but I've been happiest with Jay Robb's egg white protein (have food allergies, only reason I don't do whey). 1 scoop has 24g of protein, 4g of carbs, and no sugar---and no weird aftertaste. I've never liked any vanilla flavored protein powders, but the Jay Robb vanilla is amazing (as are chocolate and strawberry!). Definitely my favorite, only downside is it's a bit pricey. But worth it, IMO.
  • 2fat4knees
    2fat4knees Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Premeir Protein in chocolate ( the vanilla is too sweet) from Costco. About $1.33 per 11oz carton with 30 g protein , almost no sugar and only 160 calories. Also use Bioplex unflavored whey isolate for mixing into yogurt or sugar-free pudding, etc.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    $T2eC16Z,!yEE9s5jGKMBBQoUVSWGKw~~60_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

This is exactly what I'm using right now.

I tend to switch around generally buying whichever one offers the most protein grams per serving of what's available in whatever store I am in. I usually buy vanilla because it's the easiest flavor to manipulate. I can always add different combos of fruit, nut butters and or cocoa powers to suit my tastes that day.